Vivek

Vivek Lala  |251 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on Apr 14, 2024

Vivek Lala has been working as a tax planner since 2018. His expertise lies in making personalised tax budgets and tax forecasts for individuals. As a tax advisor, he takes pride in simplifying tax complications for his clients using simple, easy-to-understand language.

Hi just now I started to invest in mutual fund. I want to know mf which i selected are good to get good returns or not. If not please advice me to switch for the better one after a year 1. Parag flexi cap 2500 pm 2.hdfc large and mid cap2500 pm 3. Nippon multicap 2500 pm 4.Icici prudential bharat 22 fof 1000 pm 5. mirea asset mid cap2500 pm 6.Axis small cap pm And how long will take a good return

Assuming you are a long term investor, you can change FOF to a mid cap fund. Other categories of funds looks okay

Please note that these suggestions are based on your stated goals and the information you provided. It is always a good idea to consult with a financial advisor in person to better understand your risk tolerance, time horizon, and specific financial goals.

Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Mar 17, 2020

I HAVE BEEN INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUNDS FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS BUT THE RETURNS HAVE NOT BEEN ENCOURAGING. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I AM INVESTING IN THE RIGHT FUNDS OR SHOULD I SHIFT TO OTHER MFs TO MAXIMISE MY RETURNS. GIVE BELOW IS MY CURRENT HOLDING OF MFs. Fund name Catgory Star Rating Ravindra Kumar     ·Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund -Growth -Direct Plan Equity - Value Funds: 1 ·Aditya Birla Sun Life Pure Value Fund -Growth -Regular Plan Equity - Value Funds: 1 ·Canara Rebeco Emerging Equities - Regular Growth Equity - Large & Mid Cap Fund 4 ·Franklin India Smaller Companies Fund - Growth Equity - Small cap Fund 2 ·HDFC Equity Fund - Regular Plan - Growth  Equity - Multi Cap Funds: 2  ·HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund -Regular Plan Growth  Equity - Mid Cap Funds: 2  ·ICICI Prudendial Banking and Financial Services Fund - Growth Equity - Sectoral Fund - Banks & Financial Services 2 ·Mirae Asset Focused Fund - Direct Plan - Growth Equity - Multi Cap Funds: 2 ·Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund - Direct Plan - Growth Equity - Large Cap Funds: 4 ·NIPPON INDIA MULTI CAP FUND- DIRECT GROWTH PLAN GROWTH OPTION Equity - Multi Cap Funds: 2
Ans: You may continue with the 4 rated funds; however for others better alternatives are available

Equity - Multi Cap Funds:

- Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Fund (MOF35)-Regular Plan-Growth Option

- JM Multicap Fund - Growth option

- UTI - Equity Fund-Growth Option

Equity - Mid Cap Funds:

- Motilal Oswal Midcap 30 Fund (MOF30)-Regular Plan-Growth Option

- DSP Midcap Fund - Regular Plan - Growth

Equity - Sectoral Fund - Banks & Financial Services:

- LIC MF BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES FUND-REGULAR PLAN-GROWTH

- Tata Banking And Financial Services Fund-Regular Plan-Growth

- SBI BANKING & FINANCIAL SERVICES FUND - REGULAR PLAN - GROWTH

Equity - Small Cap Fund:Axis Small Cap Fund - Regular Plan - Growth

Equity - Large & Mid Cap Funds:

- BOI AXA Large & Mid Cap Equity Fund Regular Plan- Growth

- Canara Robeco Emerging Equities - Regular Plan - GROWTH

- Tata Large & Mid Cap Fund- Regular Plan - Growth

Sir, i have 6 No of Mutual fund 1.SBI small cap 1000 per month 2. SBI focused equity 1000 per month 3. SBI blue chip fund 1000 per month 4. Nippon india small cap 500 per month 5.Quant small cap fund 1000 per month 6. Parag parikh flexi cap 1000 per month Is these MF are good or i need to change any fund. SBI fund are almost 2.6 year old. I have time horizon of 10 to 15 years.Now i am 38 year old.
Ans: It's great that you're investing in mutual funds for your future financial goals! Let's review your current mutual fund portfolio and make some suggestions:

SBI Small Cap, SBI Focused Equity, and SBI Blue Chip Fund:
SBI Funds are reputable and have a track record of performance. However, it's essential to review their performance periodically to ensure they continue to meet your investment objectives.
Nippon India Small Cap and Quant Small Cap Fund:
Small-cap funds can offer high growth potential but also come with higher risk. Ensure you have a long-term investment horizon and the risk tolerance to withstand market volatility.
Parag Parikh Flexi Cap:
Flexi-cap funds provide flexibility to invest across market caps. Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund is known for its diversified portfolio and focus on quality stocks. It's a good choice for long-term wealth creation.
Suggestions:

Review Performance: Periodically review the performance of your mutual funds to ensure they align with your investment goals and risk tolerance.
Diversification: Consider diversifying your portfolio further by adding funds from different fund houses or investing in different asset classes like debt or international funds.
Regular Monitoring: Keep an eye on the performance of your funds and make adjustments as needed. If any fund consistently underperforms its benchmark or peers, consider replacing it with a better-performing alternative.
Consult a Financial Advisor: Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice tailored to your financial goals, risk tolerance, and investment horizon. A professional can help optimize your portfolio and ensure it remains aligned with your objectives.
Overall, your mutual fund portfolio seems well-diversified, but it's essential to monitor its performance regularly and make adjustments as needed to stay on track towards your long-term financial goals. Keep up the good work and continue investing systematically for your future!

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024