Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on Mar 01, 2023

Moin Question by Moin on Feb 07, 2023Hindi

Hi Nikunj , I am 38 years old and only from Jan’23 started SIP in mutual funds .My current financial need and my investment is below . I can afford 15% step up every year. My retirement - 4 cr @ 60 years of age Quant Active Fund - 3000 ICICI Prudential Large and mid cap fund - 2500 Hdfc retirement savings fund - equity plan - 2500 Sbi contra fund - 2500 Canara robeco small cap fund - 2500 Please confirm if these funds are all right or need be changed or do i need to invest more

Ans: Hello there, Investor. I would say you are on the right track towards your financial objectives. Your portfolio report appears to be in good shape. The current diversification is correctly invested in accordance with your requirements. To achieve a corpus of 4 Cr for retirement, I would recommend increasing your monthly sip allocation to approximately 22k. Alternatively, you could increase the sip step by 20% each year.

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 03, 2024Hindi
Hi I am 37 years ole and investing in the following mutual funds via monthly SIP's for the past 2 years 1. Aditya Birla Sun Life Digital India Fund (1.5k) 2. Bandhan Tax Advantage ELSS Fund (1k) 3. Canara Robeco ELSS Tax Saver (1k) 4. DSP ELSS Tax Saver Fund (1k) 5. ICICI Prudential Technology Fund (2k) 6. Mirae Asset ELSS Tax Saver Fund (2k) 7. Nippon India Small Cap Fund (1.5k) Please suggest if all these funds are good to continue in the future. Additionally, I plan to increase the monthly SIP by another 5k per month from January 2024. Let me know if Parag Parikh Flexi Cap and Quant Small Cap are good options, or should I continue to invest more in the existing funds?
Ans: It's great to see that you're investing regularly in mutual funds for your future financial goals. Here are some insights and suggestions regarding your current investments and future plans:

Review Existing Investments: It's essential to periodically review the performance of your current mutual fund investments to ensure they are aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Evaluate factors such as fund performance, expense ratios, fund manager track record, and portfolio diversification.

ELSS Funds: ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Scheme) funds offer tax benefits under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, along with the potential for long-term capital appreciation. Since you're investing in multiple ELSS funds, ensure that they have a consistent track record of performance and are managed by experienced fund managers.

Sectoral Funds: Funds like Aditya Birla Sun Life Digital India Fund and ICICI Prudential Technology Fund invest in specific sectors (digital/technology). While these funds can offer high growth potential, they also carry higher risk due to sector-specific volatility. Make sure to monitor these funds closely and be prepared for fluctuations in returns.

Small Cap Fund: Nippon India Small Cap Fund invests in small-cap stocks, which have the potential for high returns but are also more volatile. Given the risk associated with small-cap funds, ensure that they align with your risk appetite and investment horizon.

Future SIP Increase: Increasing your SIP amount is a prudent move to accelerate wealth accumulation over time. Before adding new funds or increasing existing SIP amounts, assess your overall portfolio diversification and risk exposure.

New Fund Consideration: Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund is known for its diversified investment approach across different market caps and sectors, making it suitable for long-term wealth creation. Quant Small Cap Fund focuses on small-cap stocks and can complement your existing small-cap allocation.

Asset Allocation: Ensure that your overall portfolio is well-diversified across different asset classes, such as large-cap, mid-cap, small-cap, and flexi-cap funds, to mitigate risk and optimize returns.

Professional Advice: Consider seeking advice from a certified financial planner or investment advisor who can provide personalized recommendations based on your financial goals, risk profile, and investment horizon.

In summary, while your current investments appear diversified, it's essential to monitor their performance regularly and make adjustments as needed. Increasing your SIP amount and considering additional funds like Parag Parikh Flexi Cap and Quant Small Cap can enhance diversification and potentially improve long-term returns. However, ensure that any new additions align with your investment objectives and risk tolerance.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |30 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 16, 2024

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |30 Answers  |Ask -

I completed my m. Tech in design engineering from mnit jaipur in 2015. After that i worked as asst. Professor in mechanical engg. for 6yrs after that preparing for government exams because in teaching no growth for mechanical & till date not selected. Now gap in my career is of more than 2 yrs what should I proceed in my career now?
Ans: Thank you for contacting me. It's good that you are seeking guidance on your career path after facing challenges with government exams and experiencing a gap in your career. When addressing the resume gap, focus on highlighting the skills, experiences, and accomplishments gained during your tenure as an assistant professor and your preparation for government exams. Emphasize any relevant projects, publications, or contributions that demonstrate your expertise and commitment to your field. You should also consider exploring alternative career paths beyond teaching and government exams now. Your background in design engineering and mechanical engineering opens up various opportunities in industries such as manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, consulting, research, and development. Develop a targeted job search strategy tailored to your career goals and preferences. Utilize jobsites, company websites, recruitment agencies, and professional networks to explore job opportunities that match your skills and interests. Trust in your abilities, stay resilient, and remain open to new opportunities as you continue to pursue your career goals in design engineering and mechanical engineering. Best of luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |30 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 15, 2024