Hemant

Hemant Bokil  |77 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Jan 31, 2023

Anonymous Question by Anonymous on Jan 30, 2023Hindi

Hi Mr Hemant I'm a salaried professional. Is this a good time to invest in real estate? I plan to take an 80 per cent loan to buy a flat. Kindly suggest if the decision is right

Ans: Hi Divya ,it depends on 2things , the Real estate you want to buy is for personal use or you want to buy as an investment. If you intend to buy it for personal use then if you like the project ,location and believe the price is good ,then go ahead and buy it. But if you want to buy as an investment then a lot of factors are to be seen. Today the situation is very different as far as rent is concerned specially after covid time. so getting a good rent may or may not be possible. Also the home loan interest rates are going up in accordance with repo rate hike.so consider that too.

Hi I m earning 1.40pm. I am owning one house in metro city and planning to buy another house with loan amount of 70lacs so I can earn rent from any one of the property. Is this a good approach or is there any other better investment options for future? Please suggest
Ans: It's great that you're considering investment opportunities to secure your financial future. Investing in real estate can be a sound strategy, especially if you're looking for steady rental income and potential long-term appreciation. However, it's essential to weigh the pros and cons before committing to another property.

Buying a second house with a loan of 70 lakhs can diversify your investment portfolio and generate additional rental income. However, it's crucial to assess the risks involved, such as property market fluctuations, maintenance costs, and vacancy risks. Additionally, taking on more debt through a housing loan requires careful financial planning to ensure you can comfortably manage the repayments alongside your current expenses.

Before proceeding, consider exploring other investment options that align with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Diversifying your portfolio with a mix of assets like mutual funds, stocks, bonds, or even gold can provide liquidity and potentially higher returns over the long term. Consulting with a Certified Financial Planner can help you evaluate your options and create a tailored investment strategy that maximizes returns while managing risk.

Ultimately, the decision to invest in another property or explore alternative investment avenues depends on your individual circumstances, goals, and risk appetite. By carefully assessing your options and seeking professional advice, you can make informed decisions to build a strong financial foundation for the future.

Hi sir ... is it worth buying a house or stay in rented house iam bit confused....instead of buying house worth of 80L to 1Cr better to invest it and get gains better than what we get from own house... pls suggest...
Ans: your query reflects a common dilemma many individuals face regarding homeownership versus renting. Let's delve into the considerations to help you make an informed decision:

Owning a home offers stability and a sense of security, knowing that you have a place to call your own. It also provides potential appreciation in property value over time, serving as a long-term investment. Additionally, homeownership allows you to customize your living space according to your preferences, fostering a sense of ownership and belonging.

However, it's essential to weigh the financial implications of homeownership. Upfront costs such as down payment, registration fees, and maintenance expenses can be substantial. Moreover, tying up a significant portion of your wealth in real estate may limit liquidity and diversification opportunities, impacting your overall financial flexibility.

On the other hand, renting offers flexibility and freedom from the financial responsibilities associated with homeownership. You can choose to relocate more easily, adapting to changing life circumstances without the burden of selling property. Renting also allows you to allocate your funds towards investments with potentially higher returns, enhancing wealth accumulation over time.

Given your financial situation and investment goals, it's prudent to evaluate the opportunity cost of investing in real estate versus alternative investment avenues. By redirecting funds from a property purchase to diversified investments, you may potentially achieve higher returns, especially considering the historical performance of equity markets over the long term.

However, it's essential to consider factors such as risk tolerance, investment horizon, and overall financial objectives. Real estate investment offers a tangible asset with potential appreciation, while financial market investments entail market risk and volatility.

Ultimately, the decision between buying a house and staying in a rented accommodation depends on your individual circumstances, preferences, and long-term financial goals. It's advisable to consult with a Certified Financial Planner who can conduct a comprehensive analysis of your financial situation and provide personalized recommendations aligned with your objectives.

Hellopus I am 40 year old married female and have a 1.5 year old daughter. Currently I am drawing 1.13 lakhs monthly. I have 28 lakhs in mutual funds, 10 lakhs in ppf, 26 lakhs in epf, 25 lakhs gold,20 lakhs in lic, 2 lakhs in fd, I am investing 60000 per month in various saving schemes. Now I intend to buy a property worth 1.30 crore. Shall I wait or invest. Am I in a position where I can pay monthly emi of 75000 for next 30 years.
Ans: You've built a strong financial foundation with your savings and investments. This is impressive, considering your current financial obligations and future goals. Let's take a detailed look at your situation and assess whether you should buy the property now or wait.

You earn Rs 1.13 lakhs monthly, and have substantial investments:

Rs 28 lakhs in mutual funds.
Rs 10 lakhs in PPF.
Rs 26 lakhs in EPF.
Rs 25 lakhs in gold.
Rs 20 lakhs in LIC.
Rs 2 lakhs in FD.
You also invest Rs 60,000 per month in various saving schemes.

Monthly EMI and Financial Stability
Purchasing a property worth Rs 1.30 crore will require a significant monthly EMI. If we assume an EMI of Rs 75,000 for 30 years, let's evaluate if this fits into your current financial structure.

Income and Expenses:
Your monthly income is Rs 1.13 lakhs. Deducting Rs 75,000 for EMI, you’ll have Rs 38,000 left for other expenses and investments.

Understanding Your Expenses
Your current monthly investments total Rs 60,000. After accounting for the EMI, it’s essential to ensure your remaining income covers your living expenses, savings, and unexpected costs.

An emergency fund is vital. Ideally, you should have 6-12 months of expenses saved. With Rs 2 lakhs in FD, consider increasing this fund to cover unforeseen expenses. This ensures financial stability without disrupting your EMI payments.

Assessing Investment Allocation
Mutual Funds:
You have Rs 28 lakhs in mutual funds. Mutual funds are versatile and offer potential growth. Ensure your portfolio is diversified across equity, debt, and hybrid funds to balance risk and return.

PPF and EPF:
Your PPF and EPF balances are Rs 10 lakhs and Rs 26 lakhs respectively. These are safe, long-term investments providing assured returns. They are also excellent for retirement planning.

Gold:
Gold worth Rs 25 lakhs adds stability and acts as a hedge against inflation. However, its returns are generally lower compared to other investment options.

LIC:
With Rs 20 lakhs in LIC policies, evaluate the performance and returns. If these are investment-cum-insurance policies, consider surrendering and reinvesting the amount in mutual funds for better growth.

FD:
Your Rs 2 lakhs in FD is a good start for an emergency fund. Ensure you have sufficient liquidity for emergencies.

Cash Flow and Loan Eligibility
Given your current financial commitments, paying a Rs 75,000 EMI might strain your cash flow. It's crucial to maintain a balance between your loan repayments and daily living expenses.

Impact on Lifestyle
Evaluate how a high EMI impacts your lifestyle. You must comfortably manage your expenses, investments, and future needs without financial stress.

Benefits of Waiting
Waiting to buy the property can provide several benefits:

Increased Savings: Allow more time to save, reducing loan amount and interest paid.
Market Conditions: Property prices may stabilize or fall, offering better deals.
Financial Cushion: Build a stronger financial cushion, reducing the burden of EMI.
Power of Compounding in Mutual Funds
Investing consistently in mutual funds harnesses the power of compounding. Over time, even small investments can grow significantly. This can enhance your financial stability and provide substantial returns.

Diversification and Risk Management
Diversifying your investments across different mutual funds reduces risk. Balancing between equity, debt, and hybrid funds helps manage market volatility and provides steady returns.

Mutual Fund Categories
Equity Funds: High risk, high reward. Suitable for long-term growth.
Debt Funds: Lower risk, stable returns. Ideal for short to medium-term goals.
Hybrid Funds: Mix of equity and debt. Balanced risk and return.

Advantages of Mutual Funds
Professional Management: Managed by experts, providing better growth opportunities.
Liquidity: Easy to buy and sell, offering flexibility.
Diversification: Reduces risk by investing in a variety of assets.
Tax Benefits: Certain funds offer tax advantages under sections like 80C.
Potential Risks
Market Volatility: Equity funds are subject to market fluctuations.
Credit Risk: Debt funds carry the risk of issuer default.
Interest Rate Risk: Affects bond prices and, consequently, debt funds.
Reassessing LIC Policies
Evaluate your LIC policies. If they are investment-cum-insurance, consider surrendering them. The amount can be reinvested in mutual funds for better returns and flexibility.

Future Goals and Planning
Your financial planning should align with future goals like your daughter’s education and marriage. Ensure your investments are structured to meet these goals without straining your current finances.

Creating a Balanced Portfolio
Your portfolio should balance risk and reward. A mix of equity, debt, and hybrid funds provides growth and stability. Regularly review and adjust your portfolio to align with your goals and market conditions.

Certified Financial Planner
Engage with a Certified Financial Planner to tailor a financial strategy. They provide personalized advice, ensuring your investments align with your goals and risk tolerance.

Buying a property is a significant decision. Evaluate your financial stability, future goals, and current commitments before proceeding. Ensure you maintain a balance between loan repayments and living expenses. Waiting might provide better financial security and opportunities.

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.