Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Dec 09, 2022

Balaji Question by Balaji on Dec 09, 2022Translate

I'm 39 years Old - Need your advise - I have yet to start the SIP or Mutual investments in my life due to fear factor. But i thought i can start something now due to age and plan for my kids wellness.
Currently My Investments will be as per below:

1. LIC Jeevan Anand - 60k Per Year
  2. LIC Super Annuation 84k Per year
  3. NPS - 57K Per year

Please advise for investments.

Ans: You can start investment in hybrid funds like ICICI Pru Balanced Advantage Fund, HDFC Balanced Advantage Fund, Edelweiss Balanced advantage funds.

Hardik

Hardik Parikh  |106 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on May 11, 2023

Hello Hardik Ji, I am 52 year with a monthly income of around 75K-80K. I want to start the MUTUAL FUNDS / SIP investments for my retirement & my children Future who are in their twenties. Right now I am putting regular money in BANKS RD's / FD's only. Kindly advise / suggest how can i go ahead. Thanks & Regards, RV
Ans: Hello Rahul Ji,

I appreciate that you are thinking about your retirement and your children's future. As a financial advisor, I would be happy to help you start investing in mutual funds and SIPs. Before diving into specific suggestions, let's first understand your financial goals and risk appetite.

Given your age and monthly income, you should aim to diversify your investments for long-term wealth creation and financial stability. While RDs and FDs offer low risk and guaranteed returns, they may not be sufficient for higher returns and beating inflation in the long run. Mutual funds and SIPs can help you achieve better returns, provided you make well-informed decisions and stay invested for a long period.

Here are some steps to help you get started:

Define your goals: Identify the specific financial goals you want to achieve through your investments, such as your retirement corpus and your children's higher education or marriage expenses.
Assess your risk appetite: Determine your willingness and ability to take risks in your investments. As you have been investing in FDs and RDs, it seems that you prefer low-risk options. However, considering your age and goals, you may want to include some moderate to high-risk investments in your portfolio for better returns.
Diversify your portfolio: Invest in a mix of equity, debt, and hybrid mutual funds to spread the risk and optimize returns. You can consider investing in large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds, balanced funds, and debt funds based on your risk appetite and goals.
Start with SIPs: Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs) allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly in a mutual fund, which helps in inculcating a disciplined savings habit and averaging out market volatility.
Consult a financial advisor: For personalized advice, you may want to consult a professional financial advisor who can help you select the right funds and create a tailored investment plan based on your goals, risk appetite, and investment horizon.
Remember, mutual fund investments are subject to market risks, and it's essential to stay informed and monitor your investments periodically. I hope this helps you get started on your journey to financial planning for your retirement and children's future.

Wishing you all the best, Rahul Ji!

Warm Regards,
Hardik

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 03, 2024Translate
I'm contemplating a career change in my late 30s, earning Rs 14 lakhs annually. How can I navigate this transition while ensuring financial stability and working towards long-term goals such as retirement?
Ans: Transitioning to a new career in your late 30s while maintaining financial stability and planning for long-term goals like retirement requires careful consideration and planning. Here are some steps you can take to navigate this transition effectively:

1. Assess Your Skills and Interests: Reflect on your skills, interests, and values to identify potential new career paths that align with your strengths and passions. Consider seeking career counseling or taking career assessment tests to explore different options.

2. Research Potential Careers: Conduct thorough research on the industries and roles you're interested in pursuing. Look into job market demand, salary potential, and growth opportunities to ensure your chosen career path is financially viable.

3. Skill Development and Education: Determine if you need to acquire new skills or education to transition into your desired field. This could involve enrolling in courses, obtaining certifications, or pursuing higher education such as a degree or specialised training programme.

4. Financial Planning: Evaluate your current financial situation and create a budget to understand your income, expenses, and savings. Factor in any potential changes in income or expenses associated with your career transition. Consider setting aside an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses.

5. Debt Management: If you have any outstanding debts, develop a plan to manage and pay them off efficiently. Prioritise high-interest debts like credit card debt while maintaining minimum payments on other loans.

6. Retirement Planning: Review your retirement savings accounts like the EPF, and assess whether you're on track to meet your long-term retirement goals. Consider consulting a financial advisor to develop a personalised retirement plan based on your age, income, risk tolerance, and retirement objectives.

7. Health Insurance and Benefits: Evaluate the health insurance and other benefits offered by your new employer, if applicable. Ensure you understand the coverage provided and any associated costs. If transitioning to self-employment or freelancing, research options for obtaining health insurance coverage independently.

8. Networking and Building Connections: Network with professionals in your desired industry to gain insights, advice, and potential job opportunities. Attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your network.

9. Side Hustle or Freelancing: Consider starting a side hustle or freelancing in your desired field while maintaining your current job. This can provide additional income, valuable experience, and a smoother transition into your new career.

10. Evaluate Risks and Rewards: Assess the risks and rewards associated with your career change, including potential income fluctuations, job stability, and work-life balance. Be prepared to adapt and make adjustments as needed throughout the transition process.

By following these steps and carefully planning your career transition, you can navigate the change while maintaining financial stability and working towards your long-term goals, including retirement.
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024