Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1746 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Jan 11, 2024

Samraat Jadhav is the founder of Prosperity Wealth Adviser.
He is a SEBI-registered investment and research analyst and has over 18 years of experience in managing high-end portfolios.
Asked by Anonymous - Jan 11, 2024Hindi

Should I invest in EASETRIP AT 51 FOR LONG TERM AND WHAT COULD BE TARGET PRICE

Ans: yes, atleast 80

Disclaimer: Investments in securities are subject to market RISKS. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Please consult your appointed/paid financial adviser before taking any decision. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL and certification from NISM in no way guarantee performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.

Vivek

Vivek Shah  |60 Answers  |Ask -

Is it a good time to invest in Adani ports (currently trading @ 550 level)?
Ans: First of all we need to understand the questions being asked by Hindenberg and try to evaluate whether the allegation made by them makes any sense. If anyone goes through the Hindenberg report than the allegations and questions asked can be bifurcated into below broad categories:

1) Violations of Exchange and listed rules
2) Dubious Intra- Party Transactions
3) Use of Shell companies outside india ( Mauritius) to manuipulate the stock price
4) Money laundering through private Adani companies in listed companies of Adani inorder to look Balance sheet good.
5) Inexperienced Chartered accountants to audit the companies.
6) Using stocks as collateral for debt.

Looking at Adani Port, this company is best placed amongst the Adani companies.
Let’s looks at some of its strenghths:
1) Strong cash-generating ability from core business - Improving Cash Flow from operation for the last 2 years.
2) Book Value per share Improving for last 2 years
3) Company with decreasing Promoter pledge
4) Debtor days have improved from 80 to 57 days.
5) Company's median sales growth is 18.7% of last 10 years
Now lets look at the weakness and cons of investing in this company:
1) Valuation seems to be still higher but better placed now as compared to before this fall
2) Promoter holding has decreased over last quarter: -0.89%
Lets analyse Q3 results:

• Performance largely in line.
• Absolute EBITDA grew 15% to Rs 3011 crore (margins remained range bound at 62-63% levels – higher realisation negated by change in product mix).
• PAT de-grew 16% to Rs 1316 crore due to forex loss of Rs 315 crore
• Since major capex is behind APSEZ, the management expects to repay and prepay some bonds, NCDs and maintain debt/EBITDA in the 2.5x range. It has not had incorporate loans and deposits for two to three years.
• Total - 18% growth in EBITDA includes current growth deceleration in Exim movement
• ICD Tumb (Vapi) and Haifa port are expected to fully contribute in FY24 in logistics and port vertical, respectively
• QoQ slowdown in the bulk segment is mainly due to higher duties on iron ore, steel, fertiliser, sugar, etc, and ban on wheat, etc
• The management has prioritised loan repayment and prepayment over other immediate inorganic growth initiatives (debt/EBITDA to be maintained at 2.5x in the near term). However, strategic initiatives may be evaluated as time comes.
• APSEZ has Rs 3000 crore of cash (FD) and another Rs 2200 crore of overdraw (not yet utilised). In a hypothetical event, the company can deploy its entire capital base (~ Rs 42000 crore) to raise cash.
• Also, 22% of gross debt, which amounts to ~Rs 8500 crore, is secured and APSEZ has pledged 1.25x of its assets. The company intends to repay Rs 1600 crore of this secured debt. In FY24, pledging is expected to reach nil.
• Haifa port has been consolidated into APSEZ’s book as on Q4FY23
• Of the Rs 4000-4500 crore capex planned in FY24, Rs 3500-3800 crore would be utilised in ports division, rest in logistics vertical. Karaikal port acquisition (Rs 1500 crore) is a part of the planned capex.
• FY24 capex has been lower as majority of the project based capex has occurred in FY23 and the management expects to ramp up logistics capex as and when demand reaches current capacity.
• Total 100 trains would come online for Adani Logistics in FY24.
Looking at this numbers of Q3 and management concall highlights it looks attractive after the current fall with a price target of Rs 800 in near term but an investor should also look at Gujarat Pipavav Port where there is a MNC promotor ( (Maersk Group). The port container capacity is at 1.35 million TeUs.
As a retail investor, one should do the due diligence based on the above points and then one must consider the decision of investing in the company.

Disclaimer: This is just for educational purpose and this should not be taken as advise for buy or sell.

Sir I am currently a student working as pg resident in government college l. My monthly stipend is 70000 of which I want to use 60000 in investment for upcoming future. I want to continue doing it for 3 years and if I get help from yours kind suggestion I will continue to do so. Humbly request you to guide me sir ?
Ans: It's admirable that you're proactive about investing your stipend for future financial security. Let's craft a strategic investment plan to help you achieve your goals.

Understanding Your Financial Goals
Short-Term Objective (3 Years):
Your primary goal is to invest your monthly stipend over the next three years to build wealth for the future.
This investment horizon allows for a balanced approach that combines growth potential with risk management.
Tailoring an Investment Strategy
Risk Profile Assessment:

As a student with a stable income, you may have a higher risk tolerance, given your long-term investment horizon.
However, it's crucial to strike a balance between risk and return to ensure the safety of your investments.
Diversified Portfolio Allocation:

Consider diversifying your investment across asset classes such as equities, debt, and possibly alternative investments like gold or commodities.
Diversification helps mitigate risk and enhances the potential for long-term growth.
Structuring Your Investment Approach
Equities:

Allocate a portion of your investment towards equities to capitalize on their potential for higher returns over the long term.
Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap stocks or equity mutual funds to diversify your equity exposure.
Debt Instruments:

Allocate another portion of your investment towards debt instruments like fixed deposits, debt mutual funds, or bonds.
Debt instruments provide stability and regular income, making them suitable for risk mitigation.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP):

Consider investing through a SIP in mutual funds to benefit from rupee-cost averaging and mitigate the impact of market volatility.
SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly, regardless of market fluctuations, fostering disciplined investing.
Monitoring and Review
Regular Portfolio Review:

Periodically review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance.
Make adjustments as needed based on changing market conditions or personal circumstances.
Continuous Learning:

Stay informed about financial markets and investment strategies to make informed decisions about your portfolio.
Consider seeking guidance from a Certified Financial Planner to optimize your investment strategy.
Conclusion and Encouragement
Your proactive approach towards investing is commendable and lays a strong foundation for your financial future. By implementing a diversified investment strategy and maintaining disciplined investing habits, you're well-positioned to achieve your long-term financial goals.

Iam 57 years old male. Iam going to retire after 3 yrs. I have invested 2. 5 lakhs in icici balance advantage fund . Can i contine investing or change can you advice
Ans: Evaluating Investment Strategy for Retirement
Understanding Your Current Situation
It's commendable that you're actively planning for your retirement. Let's assess your investment in ICICI Balance Advantage Fund and explore whether it aligns with your retirement goals.

Genuine Appreciation for Retirement Planning
Planning for retirement demonstrates foresight and responsibility towards securing your financial future. It's a crucial step towards achieving financial independence in your golden years.

Assessing Your Investment Choice
ICICI Balance Advantage Fund:
This fund follows a dynamic asset allocation strategy, aiming to balance risk and return by adjusting exposure to equities based on market conditions.
It offers the potential for growth while providing downside protection through tactical allocation.
Evaluating Investment Strategy for Retirement
Investment Horizon:

With retirement on the horizon in three years, your investment horizon is relatively short.
Short-term investment goals typically require a more conservative approach to minimize the impact of market volatility.
Risk Tolerance:

As you approach retirement, preserving capital becomes increasingly important.
Consider reassessing your risk tolerance and shifting towards more stable investment options to safeguard your savings.
Considering Alternatives
Debt Funds:

Debt funds offer lower volatility and can provide steady income, making them suitable for retirement portfolios.
Consider allocating a portion of your portfolio to debt funds to enhance stability and reduce overall risk.
Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP):

SWP allows you to systematically withdraw a fixed amount from your investments at regular intervals, providing a steady income stream during retirement.
Explore the possibility of implementing an SWP strategy to meet your income needs post-retirement.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Given your proximity to retirement, it's prudent to reassess your investment strategy and prioritize capital preservation. While ICICI Balance Advantage Fund offers growth potential, it may carry higher risk, which might not align with your current financial objectives.

Considering your retirement timeline, I recommend exploring more conservative options such as debt funds and implementing a systematic withdrawal plan to ensure a steady income stream post-retirement. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner to tailor an investment strategy that suits your retirement goals and risk tolerance.

Hello sir, I'm investing in quant small cap fund(5000 pm) and Aditya Birla Sun life PSU equity(10000pm), how much corpus should I expect after 2 or 3 years.
Ans: Assessing Potential Corpus Growth in 2-3 Years
Understanding Your Investment Strategy
It's great to see your commitment to investing and building wealth for your future. Let's analyze the potential corpus growth based on your current investments.

Compliments on Your Investment Initiative
Your proactive approach to investing is commendable. With careful planning and disciplined execution, you can achieve your financial goals effectively.

Analyzing Investment Horizon and Portfolio
Investment Horizon:

You're targeting a corpus growth within 2-3 years, indicating a short to medium-term investment horizon.
Short-term goals typically require a more conservative investment approach to mitigate risk.
Investment Allocation:

Currently, you're investing in two funds: Quant Small Cap Fund and Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity.
These funds cater to different segments of the market, providing diversification.
Evaluating Potential Corpus Growth
Quant Small Cap Fund:

Small-cap funds are known for their potential for high returns but also carry higher risk.
Given the short investment horizon, anticipate moderate to high fluctuations in returns.
Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity:

PSU equity funds primarily invest in stocks of public sector enterprises, offering stability but moderate growth potential.
Expect relatively lower volatility compared to small-cap funds.
Factors Influencing Corpus Growth
Market Performance:

Equity markets' performance significantly impacts the growth of your investment.
Economic conditions, corporate earnings, and geopolitical factors influence market movements.
Fund Performance:

Past performance of the selected funds provides insight but doesn't guarantee future returns.
Monitor fund performance regularly to assess its alignment with your goals.
Expected Corpus Growth Range
Quant Small Cap Fund:

Considering the high-risk nature of small-cap funds, anticipate a potential growth range of 10-15% annually.
Over 2-3 years, this could translate to a cumulative growth of 20-45%.
Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity:

PSU equity funds typically offer more stability with potential growth in the range of 8-12% annually.
Over 2-3 years, expect a cumulative growth of approximately 16-36%.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Given the investment horizon of 2-3 years, it's crucial to balance risk and return expectations. While small-cap funds offer higher growth potential, they also come with increased volatility. PSU equity funds, on the other hand, provide stability but moderate growth.

Considering your risk tolerance and investment objectives, a combination of both funds can provide a balanced approach to corpus growth. Regularly review your portfolio's performance and adjust your investment strategy as needed to stay on track towards your financial goals.

Sir, my son is now 27 years old and would like to invest approx Rs. 10,000- 12,000 per month for the next 15-20 years and an approximate increase of 10-15% per year. Kindly suggest which type of investment should be planned in addition to any other suggestion's which would create a substantial monthly income after 20 years taking into consideration the money value and inflation
Ans: That's a fantastic plan for your son. Starting investments early creates a solid financial future. Let's explore some options to build a good monthly income after 20 years:

Building a Strong Investment Portfolio:

Diversification is key: Invest in a mix of asset classes like Equity (stocks), Debt (bonds), and Hybrid (mix of equity and debt) to manage risk and target long-term growth.
Consider Equity Mutual Funds: Actively managed Equity Mutual Funds can potentially generate good returns over the long term. They are professionally managed by experts.
Investing for Growth and Beating Inflation:

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP): Regular monthly investments (SIP) of Rs. 10,000-12,000 with a planned 10-15% annual increase is a smart approach. It inculcates discipline and leverages rupee-cost averaging.
Long-term horizon: A 20-year investment timeframe allows for market fluctuations to even out, focusing on long-term growth that outpaces inflation.
Planning for Future Income:

Goal-based investing: While aiming for monthly income, consider your son's future goals like retirement or higher studies. Tailor the investment mix accordingly.
Review and Rebalance: Regularly review the portfolio performance and rebalance allocations if needed to maintain the desired asset class mix.
Getting Professional Advice:

Talk to a CFP professional: A Certified Financial Planner can create a personalized investment plan for your son, considering his risk tolerance and financial goals.
Investment planning is crucial: A CFP can help navigate different investment options and choose the ones that best suit your son's needs.
Remember: Consistent investing, diversification, and professional guidance are key to building a strong financial future.

Hi, I have a query regarding health insurance. I have 2 policies from different providers. 1 policy has copay clause. Can I claim the copay amount from the other provider?
Ans: Claiming Copay from Another Health Insurance Policy
That's a good question! Unfortunately, you cannot claim the copay amount you pay under one health insurance policy from another provider. Here's why:

Copay is a fixed amount you share with your first insurer for covered medical expenses. It reduces your premium but requires you to pay upfront.
Each insurance policy works independently. They only cover your expenses as per their terms and conditions.
Here's how things work:

You file a claim with the insurer that has the copay clause.
They approve the claim amount after deducting the copay amount.
You pay the copay directly to the hospital or yourself (depending on the policy).
Alternatives to Consider:

Choose plans without copay: If copays are causing trouble, consider switching to plans with higher premiums but no copay requirement.
Increase coverage limits: If your current plans have low coverage limits, explore options with higher limits to minimize out-of-pocket expenses.
Speak to a CFP Professional:

A Certified Financial Planner can review your health insurance plans and suggest options that better suit your needs. They can also help you understand coverage details and claim procedures.

Remember: It's important to choose health insurance plans that complement each other and provide comprehensive coverage.

Im 62 year old and retired person. I am looking for health insurance policy for me and my wife who is 52 year old and housewife. I am suffering from high BP, Cervical and Lumber spondylitis, knee osteoarthritis, IBS and taking medicines for last 10-12 years. My wife has hypothyroidism, spondylitis and diabetes Please suggest better health insurance policy. Also suggest whether individual or family policy will be better Regards
Ans: I understand you're looking for a good health insurance plan for you and your wife. That's a smart decision, especially considering your health conditions. Let's break it down to help you choose the best option:

Understanding Pre-existing Conditions:

Your existing health conditions (BP, spondylitis, etc.) are called pre-existing conditions. These might affect your policy options and premiums.
Individual vs. Family Plan:

Family plan: Covers you and your wife together under one plan. It can be cheaper, but coverage limits get shared.
Individual plans: Separate plans for each of you. More flexibility, but might cost slightly more overall.
Considering Your Needs:

Pre-existing condition coverage: Look for plans that cover pre-existing conditions after a waiting period (if any).
Hospitalization coverage: Choose a plan with sufficient coverage for hospitalization expenses.
Medicines: Check if the plan covers medicines you take regularly.
Finding the Right Plan:

Talk to a CFP professional: A Certified Financial Planner can assess your needs and recommend suitable plans from different insurers.
Compare plans online: Many insurance companies offer online plan comparisons. Look for plans that cover pre-existing conditions and have good network hospitals in your area.
Here's a quick tip: Since your wife is younger and has a different health profile, individual plans might be better. This allows you to get customized coverage based on your specific needs.

Remember: Don't hesitate to ask questions! Choosing the right health insurance is important, and a CFP professional can guide you through the process.