Financial Planner - Answered on Jul 27, 2023

Colonel Sanjeev Govila (retd) is the founder of Hum Fauji Initiatives, a financial planning company dedicated to the armed forces personnel and their families.
jakkul Question by jakkul on Jul 27, 2023Hindi

how we can manage creditor in bunsiess

Ans: Your question does not give any details and it is difficult to answer it. Please give a specific question on what do you wish to know?

Hi I am having more than 5 credit cards and Personal Loan along with a home loan..I am really facing problem to pay my dues and I have fallen in a debt trap. I am taking loan to pay off my another loan. I have no intention that I will not pay off my dues but on the other hand I am facing huge issue to pay off my debts, due to this even my Credit score and CIBIL is affecting. Kindly provide me a suggestion so that I can solve this issue without affecting my CIBIL.
Ans: Managing multiple loans and credit card debts can be overwhelming and lead to a debt trap, impacting your credit score and financial health. Here's a step-by-step plan to help you manage and eventually pay off your debts without further damaging your CIBIL score:

Assess Your Debts:

List down all your debts, including credit cards, personal loans, and home loans.
Note down the interest rates, outstanding amounts, and minimum monthly payments for each.
Create a Budget:

Make a realistic monthly budget to track your income and expenses.
Identify areas where you can cut expenses and allocate more funds towards debt repayment.
Prioritize Debts:

Prioritize debts with the highest interest rates to save on interest costs.
Continue making minimum payments on all debts to avoid penalties and further damaging your credit score.
Debt Consolidation:

Consider consolidating high-interest debts into a lower-interest loan or balance transfer credit card.
This can simplify payments and reduce overall interest costs, making it easier to manage.
Negotiate with Lenders:

Reach out to your lenders to negotiate lower interest rates or extended repayment terms.
Many lenders offer hardship programs or restructuring options to help borrowers in financial distress.
Increase Income:

Look for additional sources of income to boost your monthly cash flow.
This could be through a part-time job, freelancing, or selling unused items.
Financial Counseling:

Consider seeking professional financial counseling or debt management services.
They can provide personalized advice and strategies to manage and pay off your debts effectively.
Avoid Taking New Loans:

Stop taking new loans or using credit cards until you have paid off existing debts.
Focus on living within your means and building a savings buffer for emergencies.
Monitor Your Credit Score:

Regularly check your credit report to monitor your progress.
Ensure all information is accurate and dispute any errors to maintain a healthy credit score.
Stay Committed:

Stay committed to your debt repayment plan and avoid falling back into old habits.
Celebrate small victories along the way to stay motivated.
Remember, managing debt requires discipline, commitment, and patience. It may take time to get out of debt, but with a structured plan and determination, you can achieve financial freedom and improve your CIBIL score over time.