Financial Planner - Answered on Jul 23, 2023

Colonel Sanjeev Govila (retd) is the founder of Hum Fauji Initiatives, a financial planning company dedicated to the armed forces personnel and their families.
P Question by P on Jun 06, 2023Hindi

Please give some clarity that all these funds are good ina single portfolio. Please suggest me sir 1. Quant Small cap 2.Quant acitive fund - Mid Cap 3.Quant Tax plan - Elss 4. Nippon growth fund - Milti Cap 5.parag fariq flexi cap 6.Navi nifty bank index fund.

Ans: Currently, the asset allocation of the portfolio is 100%. Any good portfolio should diversify to provide support during uncertainties. Portfolio is also overly allocated towards a particular AMC (Quant), which increases the concentration risk of the portfolio. Also avoid two or more funds of one category.

All the funds are well positioned. Nippon India growth fund seems better than Quant Mid Cap.

Apart from deduction benefits, ELSS is better investment option from return perspective and amogst its peers, Quant Tax Plan has delivered decent returns.

Navi Nifty Bank Index is a sectoral fund. A sectoral category fund majorly faces three drawbacks i) inconsistent returns, ii) limited exposure and iii) incomplete replication of index portfolio. Instead of this, Sensex and Nifty index are better option having exposure of overall market

I taken Quant small cap fund direct growth, quant flexi cap fund direct growth and motilol oswal midcap cap fund. I need good mutual funds for my portfolio. Which funds can I pick. If any funds better other than this I can shift to those mutual funds. I plan to take 1. small cap(Quant) 2. mid cap 3. flexi cap(Quant or flexi or both) 4. micro cap(Motilal oswal nifty microcap 250 index fund) Is this okay. 10+ years I'll hold mutual funds. Thank you in advance.
Ans: Building a diversified mutual fund portfolio is essential for long-term wealth accumulation. You've made a good start with your selections, but let's explore some additional options to enhance your portfolio:
1. Small Cap Fund (Quant): Quant Small Cap Fund has the potential for high growth but may also carry higher risk due to the nature of small-cap stocks. Since you already have exposure to this segment, it's wise to stick with it if you believe in its growth potential.
2. Mid Cap Fund (Motilal Oswal Midcap Fund): Mid-cap funds like Motilal Oswal Midcap Fund can offer a balance between growth potential and risk. It's a solid choice for diversification.
3. Flexi Cap Funds (Quant or Flexi or Both): Flexi-cap funds provide flexibility to invest across market capitalizations based on market conditions. Since you already have exposure to Quant Flexi Cap Fund, adding another solid performer in this category can further diversify your portfolio. Look for funds managed by experienced fund managers with a consistent track record of delivering returns.
4. Micro Cap Fund (Motilal Oswal Nifty Microcap 250 Index Fund): Micro-cap funds like Motilal Oswal Nifty Microcap 250 Index Fund can offer exposure to smaller companies with high growth potential. However, micro-cap stocks can be more volatile and risky. Ensure you have a long-term investment horizon and can tolerate fluctuations in this segment.
Considering your investment horizon of 10+ years, you have the advantage of riding out market volatility and benefiting from the potential growth of small and mid-cap companies. However, it's crucial to regularly review your portfolio's performance and make adjustments if necessary. Remember, investing through regular funds with the support of a Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) can provide emotional support and guidance, especially during market downturns. Keep investing consistently and stay focused on your long-term goals. Good luck!

Hi all, this I month taken Quant small cap fund direct plan, Quant flexi cap fund direct plan and Motilal oswal mid cap fund direct growth fund. Is this my portfolio is correct. I'm confusing please correct me because Quant small and Quant flexi have some common stcoks. So is this good to continue or else can I choose another funds. If I'm wrong please correct my portfolio. Whats are the funds can I taken for better returns. I can handle risk. I'll hold for 10+ years.
Ans: Assessing Portfolio Composition for Long-Term Growth
Firstly, kudos to you for seeking guidance and being proactive about optimizing your investment portfolio. Let's delve into evaluating your current portfolio and exploring potential adjustments for better long-term returns.

Review of Current Portfolio Composition
Your current portfolio comprises Quant Small Cap Fund Direct Plan, Quant Flexi Cap Fund Direct Plan, and Motilal Oswal Mid Cap Fund Direct Growth. While each fund may offer growth potential, it's essential to consider portfolio diversification and overlap among holdings.

Identifying Potential Risks
As you rightly pointed out, Quant Small Cap Fund and Quant Flexi Cap Fund may have overlapping holdings, potentially leading to concentration risk. Overexposure to certain stocks or sectors can amplify portfolio volatility and hinder overall returns, especially during market downturns.

Recommendations for Optimizing Portfolio
To enhance portfolio diversification and mitigate concentration risk, consider the following adjustments:

Explore Different Fund Categories: Look into diversifying across different fund categories such as large cap, mid cap, and multi cap funds to spread risk and capture growth opportunities across market segments.
Include Funds with Unique Investment Styles: Opt for funds managed by different fund houses with distinct investment philosophies and styles. This ensures a broader range of perspectives and reduces dependence on specific fund managers or strategies.
Emphasize Quality and Consistency: Prioritize funds with a proven track record of consistent performance and adherence to investment objectives. Conduct thorough research and due diligence before making investment decisions.
Potential Fund Options for Consideration
Considering your risk appetite and long-term investment horizon, here are some fund options that you may explore for better returns:

Multi Cap Funds: These funds offer flexibility to invest across market capitalizations based on prevailing market conditions, providing a balanced approach to growth and risk management.
Value-oriented Funds: Funds focusing on value investing principles may offer attractive opportunities to capitalize on undervalued stocks with the potential for long-term growth.
Sectoral/Thematic Funds: Consider allocating a portion of your portfolio to sectoral or thematic funds to capitalize on specific growth themes or emerging sectors, provided you're comfortable with the associated risks.
In conclusion, while your current portfolio includes promising funds, optimizing it for better long-term returns involves diversification, minimizing overlap, and exploring varied investment opportunities. By incorporating a mix of funds across categories and investment styles, you can create a resilient portfolio poised for sustained growth over the long term.

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.