Hemant

Hemant Bokil  |77 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 21, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 18, 2023Translate

GOOD EVENING SIR. I'M 42 YRS. I WANT TO CREATE A CORPUS OF 5 CRORES IN NEXT 12 YEARS. PRESENTLY I HAVE INVESTED 28 LAKHS IN MUTUAL FUNDS THROUGH SIP WITH CURRENT VALUATION AT 55 LAKHS. I'M INVESTING 55K PER MONTH DETAILS OF MONTHLY AMOUNT :- 1. HDFC TOP 100 - 2000 (SINCE JUN 10) 2. HDFC MID CAP OPPORTUNITIES DIRECT - 3000 (SINCE JAN 18) 3. HDFC MID CAP OPPORTUNITIES REGULAR - 7000 4. ICICI PRO- FOCUSED BLUE CHIP FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 14) 5. SBI BLUE CHIP FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 18) 6. HSBC MID CAP FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 19) 7. DSP FLEXI CAP - 5000 (SINCE JAN 20) 8. UTI NIFTY 50 - 5000 (SINCE JAN 22) 9. ADITYA BIRLA SUNLIFE FRONTLINE EQUITY - 3000 (SINCE JAN 14) 10. HDFC SENSEX FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 23)

Ans: Hi Good to see you are investing for a long time now but too many cooks spoil the party, same way you can exit Birla Frontline hdfc top 100 SBI bluechip funds and same for HSBC and dsp funds and and can add parag parikh flexi cap to your portfolio

Disclaimer me and my funds can have holdings in the suggested portfolio

Vivek

Vivek Lala  |184 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on May 24, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - May 23, 2023Translate
Hello Sir, I am a 42 year old businessman. I want to accumulate an amount of 12 crore in the next 20 years. I am investing an amount of 70,000 every month through SIP for the past 6 months. Following are the SIPs 1. Kotak Emerging Equity Fund- 10,000 2.ICICI Pru Blue Chip Fund- 10,000 3. ICICI Pru Value Discovery Fund- 10,000 4. Axis Small Cap Fund- 10,000 5. HDFC Retirement Savings Fund- 10,000 6.Nippon India Small Cap Fund- 10,000 7.Mirae Asset Emerging Blue Chip Fund-10,000 Kindly advise whether my fund selections are good enough to generate the desired corpus of 12 crore in the next 20 years. Also advise the monthly investment amount to generate the said corpus. Name- Mr. D.Kashyap.
Ans: Hello, you can plan to achieve 12crs in 20yrs with an sip 1.2L assuming the average returns of your portfolio is 12%.
The funds selected are as per your research.
Since the money is to be invested for 20 years i would like to give the following suggestion :
30% mid cap
30% small cap
10% value fund
15% large and mid
15% thematic ( can be consumption , IT , etc )

Please note that these suggestions are based on your stated goals and the information you provided. It is always a good idea to consult with a financial advisor in person to better understand your risk tolerance, time horizon, and specific financial goals.
Remember that past performance is not a guarantee for future returns, and it's always important to review your investments periodically to ensure they remain aligned with your financial objectives.
Shreya

Shreya Shah  |26 Answers  |Ask -

Nutritionist, Diabetes Educator - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

My partner and I, both under 35, have a combined monthly income of Rs 4.5 lakhs. We aspire to accumulate Rs 15 crores for retirement over the next 25 years. How can we optimize our financial planning to achieve this goal while also preparing for the costs associated with raising a family?
Ans: Aiming for a Rs 15 crore retirement corpus by the age of 60 is a commendable goal, and with careful planning and disciplined saving, it's definitely achievable. Here are some steps you can take to optimise your financial planning:

1. Estimate your retirement needs:

• Inflation: Consider a 7-8% inflation rate to adjust the Rs 15 crore to its future value at your retirement age.
• Lifestyle: Determine your desired retirement lifestyle and estimate monthly expenses.
• Healthcare: Factor in potential medical costs that may increase with age.

2. Analyse your current expenses:

• Track your monthly income and expenses to identify areas where you can save.
• Create a budget that allocates funds for essential needs, savings, and investments.

3. Maximise your savings:

• Increase your SIP contributions: Aim for a monthly investment of at least 50% of your surplus income after expenses.
• Explore various investment options: Diversify your portfolio across equity mutual funds (for long-term growth), debt funds (for stability), and PPF (for tax benefits and guaranteed returns).
• Employer-sponsored plans: Contribute the maximum to your Employee Provident Fund (EPF) and explore voluntary contributions.

4. Optimise your investments:

• Seek professional advice: Consult a certified financial planner for personalised investment recommendations based on your risk tolerance and goals.
• Rebalance your portfolio regularly: Maintain your desired asset allocation to manage risk and optimise returns.

5. Address family planning costs:

• Child planning: Start an SIP in a child plan to accumulate funds for education and other needs.
• Health insurance: Ensure adequate health insurance coverage for yourself, your partner, and any future children. Consider critical illness riders for additional protection.

Remember:

• Early start: Starting early gives your investments more time to grow through compounding.
• Discipline: Consistent saving and investing are crucial for achieving your goals.
• Review and adapt: Regularly review your plan and adjust your investments and savings as your income, expenses, and goals evolve.

Additional tips:

• Explore government schemes like Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for girl child education and Atal Pension Yojana for retirement income.
• Consider freelancing or side hustles to increase your income.
• Reduce unnecessary expenses and adopt a mindful spending approach.
• Remember, this is a general framework, and consulting a financial advisor can provide personalised guidance based on your specific circumstances.