Hemant

Hemant Bokil  |77 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 21, 2023

GOOD EVENING SIR. I'M 42 YRS. I WANT TO CREATE A CORPUS OF 5 CRORES IN NEXT 12 YEARS. PRESENTLY I HAVE INVESTED 28 LAKHS IN MUTUAL FUNDS THROUGH SIP WITH CURRENT VALUATION AT 55 LAKHS. I'M INVESTING 55K PER MONTH DETAILS OF MONTHLY AMOUNT :- 1. HDFC TOP 100 - 2000 (SINCE JUN 10) 2. HDFC MID CAP OPPORTUNITIES DIRECT - 3000 (SINCE JAN 18) 3. HDFC MID CAP OPPORTUNITIES REGULAR - 7000 4. ICICI PRO- FOCUSED BLUE CHIP FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 14) 5. SBI BLUE CHIP FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 18) 6. HSBC MID CAP FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 19) 7. DSP FLEXI CAP - 5000 (SINCE JAN 20) 8. UTI NIFTY 50 - 5000 (SINCE JAN 22) 9. ADITYA BIRLA SUNLIFE FRONTLINE EQUITY - 3000 (SINCE JAN 14) 10. HDFC SENSEX FUND - 5000 (SINCE JAN 23)

Ans: Hi Good to see you are investing for a long time now but too many cooks spoil the party, same way you can exit Birla Frontline hdfc top 100 SBI bluechip funds and same for HSBC and dsp funds and and can add parag parikh flexi cap to your portfolio

Disclaimer me and my funds can have holdings in the suggested portfolio

Hello Experts, I am 35 year old planning to have a corpus of ?5cr in next 20 years. I have 20lacs fixed deposit and invest in below mutual funds via SIPs and also planning to increase it by 5k per month Sukanya Samriddhi : 1.5 Lacs VPF : 1.2 Lacs NPS: 1.5 Lacs (Tier 1 - 75% equity) Monthly SIPs: Parag Parekh flexi cap - 5k UTI Index fund- 2k Kotak Emerging equity : 2k Mirae asset emerging bluechip: 1k SBI Blue chip: 1k Nippon India tax saver :0.5k Axis long term equity :1.5k Axis mid cap: 1k HDFC Mid cap opportunities: 1k Axis small cap fund: 5k
Ans: Given your age and goal of accumulating 5 crores in 20 years, your current investment strategy appears well-diversified. Here are some suggestions to optimize your portfolio:

Review Asset Allocation: Ensure your asset allocation aligns with your risk tolerance and long-term goals. Consider increasing exposure to equity for higher growth potential.
Increase Equity Allocation: Given your long investment horizon, consider gradually increasing your equity allocation to capitalize on potential market growth.
Regularly Monitor Performance: Periodically review the performance of your mutual funds and make adjustments if necessary to ensure they continue to meet your investment objectives.
Consider Tax Planning: Explore tax-efficient investment options such as ELSS funds and NPS Tier 1 for additional tax benefits.
Continue Systematic Investing: Maintain discipline in your SIP investments and consider increasing your SIP amounts over time to accelerate wealth accumulation.
Emergency Fund: Ensure you have an adequate emergency fund in place to cover unexpected expenses, typically equivalent to 3-6 months of living expenses.
By implementing these strategies and staying committed to your long-term financial goals, you can work towards achieving your target corpus of 5 crores in 20 years. Always seek professional advice from a Certified Financial Planner to tailor your investment strategy to your specific needs and circumstances.

Hi sir, I am 33.5 years old and want to built a corpus of 5 crore by the age of 40. My current investment are: Mutual funds - 37 lac Fixed deposits of around 50 lac PPF - 25 lac Gold and Gold bonds - 20 lac Indian stocks - 1 lac mainly HDFC US stocks - 7 lac mainly etfs This is my and my wifes combines portfolio For next 6.5 years we will be investing in Sip - 2 lac per month PPF - 25k per month Sovereign Gold - 12g every year Nifty 50 etf niftybees 30k per month only days when market is down. Please guide me.
Ans: It's impressive to see your proactive approach towards building wealth and securing your financial future. With a well-diversified portfolio and a systematic investment plan in place, you're on the right track to achieve your goal of reaching a corpus of 5 crore by the age of 40.

Your current investment mix demonstrates a balanced approach, encompassing various asset classes like mutual funds, fixed deposits, PPF, gold, and stocks, both domestic and international. Diversification is key to managing risk and maximizing returns over the long term.

Continuing with your SIPs, PPF contributions, and sovereign gold investments will further strengthen your portfolio's foundation. SIPs in equity mutual funds provide exposure to the equity market, offering the potential for higher returns over time. PPF and sovereign gold investments offer stability and act as a hedge against market volatility.

Your strategy of investing in Nifty 50 ETF during market downturns is commendable as it allows you to capitalize on market opportunities and accumulate units at lower prices, potentially enhancing your long-term returns.

Active vs. Passive Management:
While you've included both actively managed mutual funds and index funds (ETFs) in your portfolio, it's important to understand the differences between the two. Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market through active stock selection and portfolio management, while index funds passively track a specific index's performance.

Benefits of Actively Managed Funds:
Actively managed funds offer the potential for higher returns compared to index funds, especially during market inefficiencies or when skilled fund managers can identify lucrative investment opportunities. Additionally, active management allows for flexibility in portfolio construction and adjustments based on market conditions.

Potential Disadvantages of Index Funds:
While index funds offer low expense ratios and broad market exposure, they may lack the potential for outperformance compared to actively managed funds. Additionally, they're subject to tracking error, which occurs when the fund's performance deviates from the index it's designed to replicate.

Regularly review your portfolio's performance and rebalance as needed to ensure alignment with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to fine-tune your investment strategy and address any specific concerns or objectives you may have.

Stay disciplined with your savings and investment approach, and continue to monitor market trends and economic indicators. With patience, perseverance, and prudent financial management, you're well-positioned to achieve your target corpus by the age of 40.

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.