Ajit

Ajit Mishra  | Answer  |Ask -

Answered on Mar 11, 2022

Neeraj Question by Neeraj on Mar 11, 2022Hindi

I am 53 years now. I am doing a clerical job in private companies. I am worried about my retirement period.

I have about 10 lakhs to invest. I do request you to please guide me how and where should I invest it in order to make a corpus of more than 1 crore within 5-7 years. Also advise me about penny stocks which can give me lucrative returns in next couple of years?

Ans: Penny stocks cannot earn you strong returns. However, you can invest in Blue chip stocks such as Reliance Industries, Britannia, TCS, Infosys, L&T, M&M, Maruti, Cipla, Dr Reddy’s.

I am 42 years of age now and I want to accumulate a corpus of 1 crore rs in next 10 years for my retirement? I also have fund requirements for my kids education, their weddings and other expenses coming up in next 5-10 years. I can invest Rs.20000 per month as we speak.
Ans: Planning for retirement and future expenses for your children is a wise decision. Let's create a strategy to achieve your financial goals:

Retirement Corpus:
With a monthly investment of Rs. 20,000 and a 10-year horizon, aim for a diversified investment approach. Consider a mix of equity mutual funds, debt funds, and other investment options based on your risk tolerance.
Regularly review and adjust your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your retirement goal.
Children's Education and Wedding Expenses:
For short-to-medium-term goals like education and wedding expenses, consider investing in a combination of equity and debt funds, balanced funds, or targeted investment options like children's education funds.
As these expenses are nearer term (within 5-10 years), prioritize capital preservation while aiming for modest growth.
Ensure you have an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of expenses. This will provide a safety net in case of unexpected financial needs.
Regular Review:
Regularly review your financial plan, adjusting your investment allocations and contributions as needed to stay on track with your goals.
Professional Guidance:
Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner who can help you create a comprehensive financial plan tailored to your specific goals and circumstances. They can provide personalized advice and guidance to help you achieve your financial objectives efficiently.
Remember, consistency and discipline in your investment approach, along with periodic reassessment of your goals and financial situation, will be key to achieving financial success. With prudent planning and diligent execution, you can work towards building a secure future for yourself and your family.

I am Sandip Kumar Sahu, 27-year-old. My monthly in-hand salary is 57,000 after deduction of 7500 in PPF. I have a SIP of 10,000 per month and have a portfolio of 1 lakh and every month I buy some stock and have a portfolio of 1 lakh. I manage to save 10-15k after all this investment. How can I best invest these savings to generate a corpus of Rs 10 crore by the time I turn 55 years. Please help me achieve my financial dream.
Ans: Sandip, you're already on a good path with your savings and investments at this young age. Your aspiration of achieving a 10 crore corpus by 55 is ambitious and achievable with disciplined planning.

Firstly, ensure you have an emergency fund set aside, typically 3-6 months of living expenses. Once that's in place, focus on building a diversified investment portfolio.

Given your age and risk appetite, consider allocating a significant portion (around 70-80%) to equity investments for higher growth potential. Equity mutual funds or index funds can be good choices for systematic and disciplined investing.

For the remaining 20-30%, consider debt instruments like fixed deposits or debt mutual funds for stability and to balance out the risk.

Regularly review your portfolio, adjust your investments based on market conditions and your financial goals. Remember, the key is consistency and patience. Compound interest will play a significant role in growing your wealth over time.

Lastly, consider consulting a financial advisor to tailor a plan specific to your needs and aspirations. Here's to your financial success!

I will retire this year at the age of 63. Will have a corpus of around 3 crores out of which I want to have a yearly return of at least 18 lakhs to take care of monthly expenses. How do you suggest to invest ??
Ans: Congratulations on reaching this significant milestone of retirement! With a corpus of 3 crores and a goal of generating an annual income of 18 lakhs, thoughtful investment planning is key. Here's a tailored approach to help you achieve your financial objectives:

Diversify your investments across various asset classes, including equities and fixed income securities, to mitigate risk and enhance returns.

Allocate a portion of your corpus to actively managed equity funds. These funds have the potential to outperform the market, especially during periods of market inefficiencies, offering you the opportunity for higher returns.

Avoid direct funds investing. They may require active management, expertise, and time, which could be challenging, especially during your retirement phase. Instead, consider investing through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) who can guide you in selecting the right mutual fund distributors (MFDs).

Fixed income investments such as bonds and debt mutual funds can provide stability and regular income. Allocate a significant portion of your corpus to these instruments to meet your income requirements.

Regular review and rebalancing of your portfolio are essential to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance. Consider periodic consultations with your CFP to make any necessary adjustments.

Stay informed about market trends and economic developments. Keeping yourself updated will empower you to make informed decisions regarding your investments.

Remember, investing is a journey, and it's essential to remain patient and disciplined. With careful planning and prudent investment decisions, you can enjoy a financially secure retirement.

Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1874 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Jul 22, 2024