Vivek

Vivek Lala  |251 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on May 19, 2024

Vivek Lala has been working as a tax planner since 2018. His expertise lies in making personalised tax budgets and tax forecasts for individuals. As a tax advisor, he takes pride in simplifying tax complications for his clients using simple, easy-to-understand language.

I am 45 year old . Invested in mutual funds from last 5 years and my corpus is 88 lakh and a FD of Rs. 20 lakh. I am investing regularly 1 lakh every month in MF. Want to make the corpus of 5 Crore at the age of 50. I am invested in Mid cap and small caps fund. Plz suggest me that i want to break the FD amd wanna invest in MF lumpsum. Is it right.

Ans: Hello, good to hear that you have been investing in the equity markets via mutual funds for the last 5 years and made consistent returns of about 15% XIRR.
You can get to 5crs at the current pace by the age of 55yrs , if you want to get to 5crs in the next 5yrs then you can make the following additions to your portfolio :
1) Move 10L from your FD's to Mutual funds
2) Your SIP amount has to be a total of 3.9L instead of 1L
3) You can make a little aggressive portfolio compared to the current one by talking to an advisor

Attaching my LinkedIn profile in case you have any further question for the above suggestions

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ca-vivek-lala-21a2038b?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=android_app