Advait

Advait Arora  |1263 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on May 03, 2023

Advait Arora has over 20 years of experience in direct investing in stock markets in India and overseas.
He holds a masters in IT management from the University Of Wollongong, Australia, and an MBA in marketing from Charles Strut University, NewCastle, Australia.
Yogesh Question by Yogesh on Apr 12, 2023Translate

i have 1200 shares of PATANJALI @583 what i do now

Ans: yes interesting story. HOLD it for sometime

Vivek

Vivek Shah  |55 Answers  |Ask -

I HAVE 1500 SHARES OF VIKAS LIFE @ AVERAGE OF 5 WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE REPLY
Ans: The Company was originally incorporated as Vikas Multicorp Limited in the year 1995. The Company changed the name from 'Vikas Multicorp Limited' to 'Vikas Lifecare Limited' by passing a Special Resolution consequent upon change of name and fresh Certificate of incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies, NCT Delhi on April 09, 2021. The Company operates in the business of recycling plastic waste and trading of polymer compounds, manufacturing of polymers compounds.

Until 2019, the business of Company was engaged in the trading of various Polymer Compounds such as Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA Compounds), Polyvinyl chloride resins (PVC resins), chlorinated Parrafin, Polyethylene Compound (PE Compounds) and Thermoplastic Rubber Compounds (TPR Compounds). However, subsequent to the acquisition of `Recycled and Trading Compounds Division' of group concern `Vikas Ecotech Limited' under the Scheme of Arrangement approved by National Company Law Tribunal, Principal Bench, New Delhi, the Company started manufacturing Polymer Compounds such as PE Compound, Polyvinyl Chloride Compound (PVC Compounds), V lend SOE Compound, Polypropylene Compounds (PP granules), TPR Compounds from FY 2019-20 onwards.

The Company is a del credere agent of ONGC Petro Additions Limited (OPAL). The Company has a single manufacturing plant located at Shahjahanpur, in Rajasthan. The Company business is divided into two major segments which includes recycling materials and trading of Polymer Compounds.

During the period 2021, the Company completed the acquisition of `Recycled and Trading Compounds Division' of group concern `Vikas Ecotech Limited' through demerger, thus shifting the entire manufacturing of recycled material in the Company and hence putting greater emphasis on taking this production process to greater heights. Post demerger, the Company acquired the `Recycling and Upcycling Division" from the Demerged Company i.e. Vikas Ecotech Limited, pursuant to which the Company had to incur extra expenses to carry out the new manufacturing and recycling process that came along with the acquisition of new business segment .

The Scheme of Arrangement under Section 230 to 232 Companies' Act, 2013 between the Company and Vikas Ecotech Limited (the demerged Company) and their respective Shareholders and Creditors of two companies for demerger of Trading unit Business undertaking as a going concern into the Company on the Appointed Date at the opening of business hours on 01st April 2017, has been sanctioned by the Hon'ble National Company Law Tribunal, New Delhi vide Order dated 31st October 2018. Certified copies of the Order of Hon'ble National Company Law Tribunal, New Delhi have been filed with Registrar of Companies at Delhi and the Scheme has become effective from 01st April 2017.

During the year 2019-20, pursuant to the Scheme of Arrangement, Shareholders of Vikas Ecotech Limited were allotted equity shares of the Company in the ratio of 1:1

In December 2020, the Company initiated trading in raw and finished cashew nuts to pursue one of the business strategies to venture into FMCG Industry.

The Company is venturing into a new business segment "Food protection and Personal Hygiene" segment of FMCG industry" with the total investment of approx Rs. 100 crores and have signed a definite agreement for acquisition of a portfolio or trademarks, comprising of popular and well established national brands such as S.R. Foils.

With the acquisition of the prestigious 'Brand portfolio,, the Company is initiating the process to identify and acquire an existing plant for manufacturing these items in the interim, alternate arrangements are being made to produce these products through third party contract manufacturing.

The Company is at advance stages to form partnerships through acquisition, merger or joint venture with players dealing with herbal drugs to use their marketing network and enter into retail, food protection and personal hygiene section of FMCG and to be in the retails business of consumer goods like, spices, flour, pulses, grams etc.

The Company has signed an MoU with a huge and renowned collection centre. This collection centre is a Producer Responsibility Organization formed to facilitate recycling of all kinds of packaging waste and contribute towards cleaner and greener environment. They specialize in collection and aggregation of all packaging waste in a professional and organized manner backed by technology.

Risks and negatives:
Decline in Net Profit with falling Profit Margin (QoQ)
Decline in Quarterly Net Profit with falling Profit Margin (YoY)
Major fall in TTM Net Profit
High promoter stock pledges
Company has low interest coverage ratio.
Promoter holding is low: 11.4%
Company has a low return on equity of 3.28% over last 3 years.
Promoter holding has decreased over last 3 years: -43.9%

Looking at the current high valuation of the company and company making loss and also on the above risks and negatives. Its better to be away from such businesses.

Hope this will help you. Happy Investing...

Disclaimer: Information provided is only for educational purpose. Please consult your investment adviosor before making any investment decisions
Advait

Advait Arora  |1263 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Jan 18, 2024

What are balanced advantage funds and would you recommend how I should go about investing in such funds?
Ans: Balanced Advantage Funds are a type of mutual fund that dynamically manages the allocation between equity and debt instruments based on market conditions. These funds aim to provide investors with a balance between growth (through equity exposure) and stability (through debt exposure). The allocation between equity and debt is adjusted by fund managers based on various factors such as market valuations, interest rates, and economic indicators.

Here's a breakdown of the key features and considerations for investing in Balanced Advantage Funds:

1. Dynamic Asset Allocation: These funds have the flexibility to shift allocation between equity and debt depending on market conditions. When equity markets are expensive or overvalued, the fund manager may reduce equity exposure and increase allocation to debt instruments, and vice versa.

2. Risk Management: Balanced Advantage Funds tend to offer lower volatility compared to pure equity funds due to their ability to switch between asset classes based on market conditions. This can potentially reduce downside risk during market downturns.

3. Goal-based Investing: They can be suitable for investors with medium to long-term investment horizons who seek a balance between capital appreciation and capital preservation. These funds are often used for goals like retirement planning or wealth creation with a moderate risk profile.

4. Professional Management: Investors benefit from the expertise of professional fund managers who actively manage the asset allocation and investment decisions based on thorough research and analysis.

5. Tax Implications: From a taxation perspective, gains from equity investments held for more than one year are taxed at a lower rate (long-term capital gains tax), whereas gains from debt investments held for more than three years are taxed as per the investor's income tax slab. Balanced Advantage Funds may offer tax efficiency due to their equity exposure.

6. Expense Ratio: Investors should consider the expense ratio of the fund, which represents the annual fees charged by the fund house for managing the fund. Lower expense ratios can enhance returns over the long term.

As for whether you should invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, it depends on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial goals.

If you're seeking a balanced approach with the potential for higher returns than pure debt funds but with lower volatility compared to pure equity funds, then these funds could be suitable for you. However, it's essential to consult with a financial advisor who can assess your individual circumstances and recommend the most appropriate investment strategy.

If you decide to invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, you can do so through various platforms such as mutual fund distributors, online investment platforms, or directly through the fund house's website. Here's a general guide on how to invest:

1. Research: Understand the different Balanced Advantage Funds available in the market, their investment objectives, performance track record, and expense ratios.

2. Select a Fund: Choose a fund that aligns with your investment goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.

3. KYC Compliance: Complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process as required by regulatory guidelines. This typically involves providing identity and address proof documents.

4. Investment Process: Decide on the mode of investment, whether lump sum or systematic investment plan (SIP), based on your convenience and investment strategy.

5. Online Platform or Distributor: If investing through an online platform, create an account and follow the instructions to invest in your chosen Balanced Advantage Fund. If using a mutual fund distributor, approach them with your investment decision, and they will assist you with the investment process.

6. Monitor and Review: Keep track of your investments periodically and review your portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals.

Remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of capital. Diversification and a long-term investment approach are generally recommended to mitigate risk and achieve your financial objectives.

Good Morning, We are married for almost 27 years and at various stages of my wife like, beginning days when Girls had dream of her happy married life beginning, honeymoon, pregnancy, fostering the child, mid-age crisis and now Menopause I have been very unfair & sometime very cruel to my wife. I am tryint to please her in my possible ways but whenever I am planning something exciting & pleasurable for her it turn out to be flop show & nightmare. I want her to be happy but don't know why it gets spoiled due to one or other reason. Despite of all this she is always giving me chance and prepare herself for new beginning. But now I fear & feel gradually I will become a big liability on her, health wise as I am diabetic and even after taking high dose of medicines it doesn't get controlled. I am worried that though the beginning was not good our end should be Peaceful & graceful. Need your guidance
No point revisiting what has already happened. It seems like your wife wants a new beginning; then why not actually plan on how you want your life together to be from now on? What are the things that you have missed out on earlier, bring it all back and slowly start experiencing what life could be living in that harmony...
As for diabetes, getting the right medicine and taking it in the right dosage is important to see a change. Also, exercise, attempt to keep stress levels low and eat right...these help in keeping your blood sugar levels low...
Don't talk about the END when there is a NEW beginning in sight...