Dr Shyam

Dr Shyam Jamalabad  |63 Answers  |Ask -

Dentist - Answered on Jan 07, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 06, 2023Hindi

I have a wisdom tooth at end of right side. Its frequency of pain is like once in a six months but problem is that food particles stuck around it. Should i remove it or leave it as it is. Pls advise.

Ans: Hi
That decision can only be made after evaluating history, clinical signs and xrays. Kindly consult your dentist for advice.

Hi, I'm 30 years old with around 80k in equity. I have a home 27 laksh which I pay 29 and a house rent 25, my wife has a car loan of 25. I get a in hand of 150000 l. I need advice in making investment in equity for next 5 years strategically.
Ans: You are 30 years old with Rs 80,000 in equity investments. You have a home loan of Rs 27 lakh, with an EMI of Rs 29,000, and a house rent of Rs 25,000. Your wife has a car loan with an EMI of Rs 25,000. You receive a net monthly income of Rs 1,50,000.

Evaluating Your Financial Goals
Your primary goal is to invest in equity for the next 5 years strategically. It’s essential to balance your investments with your existing financial obligations.

Current Financial Commitments
Home Loan EMI: Rs 29,000
House Rent: Rs 25,000
Car Loan EMI: Rs 25,000
Available Income for Investment
After accounting for your fixed commitments, you have Rs 71,000 left monthly for other expenses and investments.

Ensure you have an emergency fund to cover at least 6-12 months of expenses. This should be your first priority before making new investments.

Build Emergency Fund: Rs 5 lakh
Existing Equity Investment
You have Rs 80,000 in equity investments. Review this portfolio regularly and diversify to reduce risk.

Diversify Portfolio: Spread investments across different sectors.
Strategic Equity Investment
Investing through SIPs is a disciplined approach that averages out market volatility.

Monthly SIP: Allocate a fixed amount monthly.
Actively managed funds are managed by professional fund managers. They aim to outperform the market through strategic decisions.

Expert Management: Professional fund managers handle your investments.
Flexibility: Adapt to market changes effectively.
Index funds track specific market indices but lack active management. They often result in average returns and are less adaptable to market shifts.

Average Returns: May not beat the market.
Less Flexibility: Limited response to market conditions.
Investing Through a Certified Financial Planner
A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) provides tailored investment strategies. They help in regular portfolio reviews and adjustments.

Personalized Advice: Tailored to your financial goals.
Regular Reviews: Ensure your investments stay aligned with your goals.
Suggested Allocation for Equity Investments
Large-Cap Funds: For stability and steady returns.
Mid-Cap Funds: For growth potential.
Small-Cap Funds: For higher returns but with more risk.
Investment Allocation
Monthly Allocation
Allocate a portion of your monthly income to different equity funds through SIPs.

Large-Cap SIP: Rs 10,000
Mid-Cap SIP: Rs 5,000
Small-Cap SIP: Rs 5,000
Lump Sum Investment
Consider lump sum investments when the market dips to take advantage of lower prices.

Monitor Market Trends: Invest during market corrections.
Diversify your investments to reduce risk and enhance returns.

Sectoral Diversification: Invest across various sectors.
Geographical Diversification: Consider international funds for global exposure.
Regular Monitoring and Review
Review your investment portfolio regularly to ensure it aligns with your goals. Make adjustments based on market conditions and personal financial changes.

Quarterly Reviews: Assess performance and adjust as needed.
Optimize your tax savings through strategic investments.

Tax-saving Instruments: Utilize options like ELSS for tax benefits under Section 80C.
Ensure adequate life and health insurance coverage for your family.

Life Insurance: Term insurance to cover financial liabilities.
Health Insurance: Comprehensive health coverage.
Debt Repayment Strategy
Prioritize repaying high-interest debts to reduce financial burden.

Focus on Car Loan: Pay off early if possible.
Strategically investing in equity over the next 5 years requires a balanced and diversified approach. Increase your SIPs, diversify your portfolio, and use the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner. Regularly review and adjust your investments to stay on track with your financial goals.

My girlfriend has lot of expectations on How I must react to certain situations. I try my best to do it , but there is always one day where I don't have control on reacting the same as she wishes it , and then we fight and she keeps reminding me my mistakes from the past. I say sorry , she says she doesn't consider my sorries. I forgive her for whatever serious she says in fight. But then again after few days everything becomes normal. I am confused what should be done. Is it okay that I behave according to her expectations or what. Because I don't want to lose her. I have always discussed that the way I behave is my natural nature but she keeps me correcting. She accepts her mistakes even I do too. But now since these incidents often once a month. I am asking you what I must do in such situations where it's not in my hand it seems to behave in certain way as expected by her
Ans: Dear Govinda,
Well, all of us have expectations from each other, don't we?
But some expectations are realistic and some are unrealistic. Any expectation that starts to change the other person, control them, dictate their behavior is almost toxic and not healthy in the long run.
Some expectations like requesting the other person to take care of their health, finances, advice on work and family that attempts to see them in a better space is healthy and necessary.

So, where does your girlfriend's expectation fall into?
It's possible that because it's leading to constant fights, you are certainly not happy about her control about this. Then voice it out and state clearly that you would not like to change for her but only change for yourself and for the better. This may hurt her and there might be a lot of drama around it...but, if she is willing to look at the relationship maturely with you as an equal partner, there will no more fights and expectations around things that bother you.
Sit down together; tell her how this is affecting you and the relationship. There maybe little expectations that maybe good for you and the relationship. Be thankful for those.

But, the bigger ones are the ones that are bothersome and yes, your girlfriend must know about it. Instead of confronting, be firm and gentle and she may very well understand the whole scenario. This will also help you in situations where she expects something and it does not happen and yet she will be okay with it. So, have that clear communication for better understanding. Is this possible? Yes, provided the two of you work at this together not confronting but managing it.

Hi, I am 48 year old male working in a IT firm. I earn 1.3 L per month and my monthly expense is 70k per month. I have EPF of 45L, Nps of 22L, shares of 50L, fd of 80L. I also have additional residential property of about 40L. I have no loans. I would like to retire early in a year or two and would like to spend rest of life without any financial issue. Kindly advice.
Ans: Evaluating Your Financial Position

You earn Rs 1.3 lakh per month and have monthly expenses of Rs 70,000. Your current investments include:

EPF: Rs 45 lakh
NPS: Rs 22 lakh
Shares: Rs 50 lakh
FD: Rs 80 lakh
Residential Property: Rs 40 lakh
You plan to retire early in a year or two and want a secure financial future.

Monthly Expenses and Inflation

Your current monthly expenses are Rs 70,000. Considering inflation, this amount will increase over time. Plan for increasing expenses to ensure a comfortable lifestyle.

Evaluating Retirement Corpus

Your retirement corpus should be able to cover your expenses for the rest of your life. Let's analyze how your current investments can support you.

EPF and NPS

EPF and NPS are excellent for retirement as they provide regular income and tax benefits. However, their liquidity is limited until retirement age.

EPF: Consider keeping this until you reach the official retirement age for a stable income.
NPS: Provides regular annuity post-retirement. Continue investing till you retire.
Shares and FD

Your shares and FD can provide a mix of growth and stability.

Shares: These can offer good returns but are subject to market risks. Plan a strategy to withdraw gradually to mitigate risks.
FD: Provides stable returns. Consider laddering your FDs to have a continuous income stream.
Residential Property

You can either rent out or sell your additional property. Renting can provide a steady income, while selling can add to your corpus.

Building a Retirement Corpus

Calculate the amount needed for your retirement corpus to sustain your lifestyle.

Current Monthly Expenses: Rs 70,000
Annual Expenses: Rs 8.4 lakh (70,000 x 12)
Assuming you need this for the next 30 years, considering inflation and other factors, your corpus should be substantial.

Investing Post-Retirement

Once you retire, the goal is to ensure that your corpus generates a steady income.

Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): Invest in mutual funds and set up an SWP to get regular monthly income.
Balanced Funds: Invest in balanced funds for a mix of equity and debt.
Debt Funds: Provide stability and can be used for short-term goals.

Keep an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of expenses. This should be easily accessible, like in a savings account or liquid funds.

Ensure you have comprehensive health insurance coverage. Medical expenses can be a significant burden, so having a robust plan is crucial.

Regular Review

Regularly review and adjust your investments to match your needs and market conditions. A Certified Financial Planner can help you with this.

To retire comfortably, ensure a mix of growth and stability in your investments. Maintain liquidity for emergencies and healthcare. Plan for inflation and increasing expenses. Regularly review your investments to stay aligned with your goals.

Hi, I have 35 years old, my in salary is 19LPA in hand. I have a fixed deposit of 2 lakh, 15k sip, 2L invested in stock, 2lakh and 4 lakh emergency fund I have a 2 years old daughter, I don't have any loan. how to plan my retirement
Ans: You are 35 years old with a monthly salary of Rs 19 lakhs per annum in hand. You have a fixed deposit of Rs 2 lakh, a SIP of Rs 15,000, Rs 2 lakh invested in stocks, and a Rs 4 lakh emergency fund. You also have a 2-year-old daughter and no loans.

Evaluating Your Financial Goals
Your primary goal is to plan for retirement. This involves determining how much you need to retire comfortably and creating a plan to achieve that goal.

Setting Retirement Goals
Retirement Age: Decide when you want to retire. Let's assume at age 60.
Post-Retirement Expenses: Estimate your monthly expenses during retirement. Factor in inflation.
You already have an emergency fund of Rs 4 lakh. This is a good start. Ensure it covers at least 6-12 months of expenses.

Maintain Adequate Coverage: Regularly update your emergency fund as your expenses grow.
Fixed Deposit
Your Rs 2 lakh fixed deposit provides a safety net but offers low returns.

Consider Alternatives: Higher returns options like debt mutual funds for better growth.
SIP (Systematic Investment Plan)
Your Rs 15,000 SIP is a disciplined approach to investing.

Increase SIP: As your income grows, increase your SIP amount. Aim for at least 20-30% of your salary in investments.
Stock Investments
You have Rs 2 lakh invested in stocks.

Diversify Portfolio: Ensure your stock investments are diversified to reduce risk.
Regular Review: Monitor and review your portfolio regularly.
Estimate the corpus needed for retirement based on your current lifestyle and inflation.

Online Calculators: Use retirement calculators for precise estimates.
Investment Options
Mutual funds can provide good returns over the long term. Consider a mix of equity and debt funds.

Equity Funds: For long-term growth.
Debt Funds: For stability and income.
PPF is a safe investment with tax benefits. It offers good returns over the long term.

Invest Regularly: Maximize your PPF contributions annually.
NPS is a retirement-focused investment option with tax benefits.

Regular Contributions: Invest regularly for long-term growth and retirement corpus.
Child's Education Fund
Start planning for your daughter's education early.

Education SIP: Set up a separate SIP for your daughter's education fund.
Child Plans: Consider child education plans for specific goals.
Insurance
Ensure you have adequate life and health insurance coverage.

Health Insurance: Adequate health coverage for the family.
Optimize your tax savings through various investment options.

Tax-saving Instruments: Utilize PPF, ELSS, and NPS for tax benefits.
Creating a Diversified Portfolio
A well-diversified portfolio reduces risk and enhances returns.

Asset Allocation: Allocate assets across equity, debt, and alternative investments based on risk tolerance.
Suggested Allocation
Equity Funds: 60% for long-term growth.
Debt Funds: 20% for stability.
PPF/NPS: 20% for retirement and tax benefits.
Regular Monitoring and Review
Regularly review and adjust your investment portfolio to ensure it aligns with your goals.

Annual Reviews: Review your portfolio and make adjustments annually.
Consult CFP: Work with a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.
Planning for retirement requires a disciplined and diversified approach. Increase your SIP, diversify investments, and utilize tax-saving instruments. Regularly review and adjust your portfolio to stay on track. Leverage the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner for optimal results.

My current monthly income is 1.2l i have a ppf of 15k and RD of 15k per month. I have 2 SIPs worth 3k each a month. Kindly suggest how much should I invest and where to invest so that I get around 4 5 Cr by the age of 45. FYI my current age is 29 and i hold no liabities as of now and unmarried.
Ans: You aim to accumulate Rs. 4-5 crores by the age of 45. With a current monthly income of Rs. 1.2 lakhs, you have a strong base to achieve this goal.

Current Investments
Your current investments include:

PPF: Rs. 15,000 per month

RD: Rs. 15,000 per month

SIPs: Rs. 6,000 per month (2 SIPs of Rs. 3,000 each)

Assessing Your Current Investments
PPF:

Advantages:

Safe and secure investment.

Tax benefits under Section 80C.

Decent long-term returns.

Disadvantages:

Lock-in period of 15 years.

Limited growth compared to equities.

Recurring Deposit (RD):

Advantages:

Guaranteed returns.

Suitable for short-term goals.

Disadvantages:

Taxable interest income.

Lower returns compared to mutual funds and stocks.

Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs):

Advantages:

Disciplined investment approach.

Potential for high returns over long term.

Rupee cost averaging benefits.

Disadvantages:

Market-linked risks.
Recommended Investment Strategy
Increase Equity Exposure
To achieve Rs. 4-5 crores by 45, you need higher equity exposure. Equity investments have historically provided higher returns compared to debt instruments.

Increase SIPs:

Increase SIP investments to Rs. 40,000 per month.

Diversify across large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.

Balanced Approach
Maintain a balanced approach by continuing some investments in safe instruments.

Continue PPF:

Keep contributing Rs. 15,000 per month.

Provides stability and tax benefits.

Review RD:

Evaluate RD returns.

Consider diverting some RD funds to equity or hybrid funds for better growth.

Consider Hybrid Funds
Hybrid funds provide a mix of equity and debt, offering balanced risk and returns.

Monthly Investment:

Invest Rs. 10,000 per month in hybrid funds.

Suitable for moderate risk tolerance.

Ensure you have an emergency fund covering 6-12 months of expenses.

Safety Net:

Maintain liquidity for unforeseen expenses.

Keep it in a liquid fund or high-interest savings account.

Regular Reviews and Rebalancing
Monitor and rebalance your portfolio periodically to stay aligned with your goals.

Portfolio Review:

Quarterly or semi-annual reviews.

Adjust based on market conditions and personal goals.

To achieve Rs. 4-5 crores by 45, increase your equity exposure. Consider enhancing your SIP contributions significantly. Maintain a balanced approach with continued PPF contributions and emergency funds. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio. This strategy aligns with your financial goals and risk profile, ensuring a secure and prosperous future.

My Father has purchase a property for rs 115000 in year 1994.at Bhayandar west district Thane at Maharashtra state.and my Father did this registration in amnesty scheme in year 2008.and after that my Father died in year 2014.and after I made a release deed transfer this property in my name (son). I sold this residential property in June 2024for rs 30lakh.in this case I want to know the status of capital gain is there or not I also want to know if I sell this residential property .I can purchase ashop or not. If I want to save capital gain what is the solution to save my tax. Thanking u.
Ans: You sold a property in June 2024 for Rs 30 lakh. It was bought for Rs 1,15,000 in 1994. Let's evaluate if there's a capital gain.

Indexed Cost of Acquisition

The property purchase cost will be adjusted for inflation. This is called the Indexed Cost of Acquisition (ICA). The ICA is calculated using the Cost Inflation Index (CII) provided by the Income Tax Department.

Calculating Indexed Cost

Calculate the ICA to understand your capital gain. Since we won't use specific formulas here, you can consult a Certified Financial Planner to get the precise ICA value. This helps in determining the exact capital gain.

Long-Term Capital Gains (LTCG)

Since you held the property for more than 24 months, it is classified as a long-term asset. The profit from the sale, after adjusting for the ICA, is your Long-Term Capital Gain (LTCG).

Tax on LTCG

LTCG is taxed at 20% with indexation benefits. However, there are ways to save on this tax.

Investing in Another Property

You can save on capital gains tax by investing in another residential property. This is covered under Section 54 of the Income Tax Act. If you buy a residential house within two years or construct one within three years, you can claim exemption.

Investing in Capital Gains Bonds

Another option is to invest in Capital Gains Bonds under Section 54EC. These bonds have a lock-in period of five years and provide tax exemption on the gains. The maximum investment limit in these bonds is Rs 50 lakh.

Purchasing a Shop

Buying a shop will not provide capital gains tax exemption under Section 54. The exemption is only for residential properties. If you sell a residential property, you must reinvest in a residential property to save on capital gains tax.

Other Options to Save Tax

Residential Property: Invest in another residential property within two years.

Construction: Construct a new house within three years.

Capital Gains Bonds: Invest in these bonds within six months of the sale.

To save on capital gains tax, reinvest in a residential property or Capital Gains Bonds. Purchasing a shop will not help in saving tax on capital gains. Consulting a Certified Financial Planner can help you navigate these options efficiently.

I am 58 years old and draw a monthly pension of 45K. I made a lot of money post taking a VRS 15 years back but spent most of it on my only child travelling and a home worth 5 cr plus. I am covered for medical/heath by CGHS and also a 30 lac private health insurance. I have about 30 lac worth jewellery and a similar amount in my SB account. Please advise what should be my investment plan to ensure a regular monthly income of atleast 30K per month in addition to the pension I get.
Ans: You are 58 years old and receive a monthly pension of Rs 45,000. You have spent a significant amount on your child's education and travel, and own a home worth over Rs 5 crore. You have medical coverage from CGHS and a private health insurance worth Rs 30 lakh. Additionally, you possess jewellery worth Rs 30 lakh and have Rs 30 lakh in your savings bank account. Your goal is to ensure an additional monthly income of at least Rs 30,000.

Evaluating Your Investment Needs
Your primary need is to generate a regular income of Rs 30,000 per month. This should be achieved with minimal risk and high liquidity.

Liquid Funds
Liquid funds are suitable for very short-term investments. They invest in high-quality, short-term securities. These funds offer safety and liquidity, making them ideal for maintaining emergency funds.

Safety: Invests in high-quality securities.
Liquidity: Easy access to funds.
Ultra-Short Duration Funds
Ultra-short duration funds are suitable for a horizon of 6 months to 1 year. They offer slightly higher returns compared to liquid funds while maintaining a low level of risk.

Higher Returns: Better than liquid funds.
Low Risk: Invests in low-risk instruments.
Short Duration Funds
Short duration funds are suitable for an investment horizon of 1 to 3 years. These funds invest in debt instruments with short maturities and offer a balance between risk and return.

Moderate Risk: Suitable for short-term goals.
Reasonable Returns: Better than ultra-short funds.
Monthly Income Plans (MIPs)
Monthly Income Plans can provide a regular income. These funds invest in a mix of debt and equity, offering a steady income with potential capital appreciation.

Regular Income: Suitable for monthly income needs.
Balanced Risk: Mix of debt and equity.
Actively managed funds can provide better returns compared to index funds. These funds are managed by professional fund managers who make strategic decisions to outperform the market.

Professional Management: Expert fund managers handle your investments.
Flexibility: Adapt to market changes.
Index funds track a specific market index, but they may not perform well in all market conditions. They lack active management and can result in average returns.

Average Returns: May not outperform the market.
Lack of Flexibility: Cannot adapt to changes quickly.
Investing through a Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credential offers several benefits. These professionals provide tailored investment strategies and regular portfolio reviews.

Personalized Advice: Tailored to your needs.
Regular Reviews: Ensures your investments stay on track.
Creating a Diversified Portfolio
A diversified portfolio can help reduce risk and enhance returns. Spread your investments across different funds to achieve better stability and growth.

Suggested Allocation
Liquid Funds: Rs 5 lakh for emergency needs.
Ultra-Short Duration Funds: Rs 5 lakh for short-term goals.
Short Duration Funds: Rs 10 lakh for moderate-term goals.
Monthly Income Plans: Rs 10 lakh for regular monthly income.
Tax Efficiency
Ensure that your investments are tax-efficient. Short-term mutual funds are taxed based on your income slab, while long-term capital gains (if held over 3 years) are taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.

Monitoring Your Investments
Regularly review your portfolio to ensure it aligns with your goals. Make adjustments as needed with the help of your CFP.

Your goal of generating an additional monthly income of Rs 30,000 is achievable through a diversified and balanced investment approach. Focus on liquidity, safety, and moderate returns. Leverage the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner for optimal results.

Hi, I have 13 funds in my portfolio worth of 28 Lakhs. I have been investigating from last 6 years. Wonder if I need to change my funds for better returns. Thank you.
Ans: Portfolio Overview
Managing 13 funds over 6 years is commendable. A Rs. 28 lakh portfolio shows your commitment. Let’s analyze and evaluate for better returns.

Diversification and Overlap
Diversification reduces risk. However, too many funds can lead to overlap.

Diversification:

Ensures your investments are spread across sectors and asset classes.

Reduces risk associated with a single fund or sector.

Overlap:

Too many funds can lead to similar investments.

This dilutes the benefit of diversification.

Evaluate if your funds are truly diversified or if there is overlap.

Performance Evaluation
Assess the performance of your funds.

Historical Performance:

Check the performance over different market cycles.

Compare with benchmark indices.

Consistency:

Look for funds with consistent performance.

Avoid funds with high volatility.

Fund Manager and Expense Ratio
The fund manager's expertise and the expense ratio impact returns.

Fund Manager:

Evaluate the fund manager’s track record.

Consistency and experience matter.

Expense Ratio:

Lower expense ratios can improve net returns.

High expense ratios can eat into your gains.

Portfolio Rebalancing
Regular rebalancing aligns your portfolio with your goals.

Rebalancing:

Adjust your portfolio periodically.

Maintain the desired asset allocation.

Goals and Time Horizon:

Align your investments with your financial goals.

Consider your time horizon and risk tolerance.

Actively Managed vs. Passive Funds
Actively managed funds aim to outperform benchmarks.

Actively Managed Funds:

Fund managers actively select stocks.

Potential for higher returns.

Disadvantages of Index Funds:

Follow a passive investment strategy.

Limited potential for outperforming the market.

Actively managed funds offer better opportunities.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner for tailored advice.

Certified Financial Planner:

Provides personalized investment strategies.

Aligns investments with your goals and risk profile.

Review and Adjust:

Regular reviews are essential.

Adjust the portfolio as per market conditions and personal goals.

Having 13 funds may be excessive. Focus on diversification without overlap. Evaluate the performance, expense ratios, and fund manager’s track record. Regularly rebalance your portfolio. Consider the benefits of actively managed funds over index funds. Seek guidance from a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice. This comprehensive approach ensures your portfolio aligns with your financial goals and market conditions.