Roopashree

Roopashree Sharma  |185 Answers  |Ask -

Yoga, Naturopathy Expert - Answered on Jul 08, 2023

Roopashree Sharma, a qualified yoga trainer and naturopathy enthusiast, is the founder of Atharvanlife.
Krishnaswami Question by Krishnaswami on Apr 24, 2023Translate

My wife need ayurvedic advice for relief from pain due to recovery from cellulilities ten days back cant stand for long time

Ans: Will need more details about her age, weight any other ailments. Cellulitis indicates imbalance of tridoshas.
She needs a complete detox at an Ayush recommended Ayurvedic facility followed by a strict diet will help regain balance else it can lead to other ailments in future

Radhika

Radhika Iyer  |59 Answers  |Ask -

Yoga Expert - Answered on Jul 21, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Jul 15, 2023Translate
Hello Doctor, My wife aged 51 is diagnosed with SLE and she is loosing protein in her urine.She has been taking wysolone for SLE and MMF for stopping protein loss in urine.Due to constant taking of medicine,she has developed sugar.She became very weak and her body starts shivering. She walks but with someone's support.She has severe backache. Could she take Ayurvedic Treatment/Homeopathic treatment along with Allopathy. Please suggest any Paranayam and yoga for treatment of her diseases.Will she have to take medicine throughout life ? Thanks & Regards,
Ans: Namaste!!
I am so sorry to hear about your wife. Lupus is not an easy disease to deal with and I know you all along with her must be dealing with this with pain. I will pray she recovers soon.
Naturopathy is known to do wonders in this field. I suggest you look up good naturopathy doctors in your area and start with changing what she eats first. You can continue with the Allopathic treatment alongside. Everything on our body is interconnected, therefore this one condition is affecting so many other parts of the body. Yoga, pranayam and meditation can cure many diseases of practiced sincerely and regularly. I suggest you start her off on a simple Yogasanas routine asap. Even though it seems almost impossible, I suggest you take her on short walks every single day. Staying close to nature, eating organic and fresh foods, meditating and spending time reading or listening to music will help the body cope with this disease. Anxiety, blood in urine, clinical depression, face rash, flare, headache, joint stiffness, sensitivity to light, swelling, water retention, or weight loss may well be very commonly occurring symptoms for her. Learning as much as you can about lupus and what you can do to feel better. But, talking to your friends and family to help them understand what is happening to your wife’s body will also help. Taking a break from focusing on the disease, and spending some time doing activities you enjoy is highly recommended.
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Jan 02, 2024

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 03, 2024Translate
I'm contemplating a career change in my late 30s, earning Rs 14 lakhs annually. How can I navigate this transition while ensuring financial stability and working towards long-term goals such as retirement?
Ans: Transitioning to a new career in your late 30s while maintaining financial stability and planning for long-term goals like retirement requires careful consideration and planning. Here are some steps you can take to navigate this transition effectively:

1. Assess Your Skills and Interests: Reflect on your skills, interests, and values to identify potential new career paths that align with your strengths and passions. Consider seeking career counseling or taking career assessment tests to explore different options.

2. Research Potential Careers: Conduct thorough research on the industries and roles you're interested in pursuing. Look into job market demand, salary potential, and growth opportunities to ensure your chosen career path is financially viable.

3. Skill Development and Education: Determine if you need to acquire new skills or education to transition into your desired field. This could involve enrolling in courses, obtaining certifications, or pursuing higher education such as a degree or specialised training programme.

4. Financial Planning: Evaluate your current financial situation and create a budget to understand your income, expenses, and savings. Factor in any potential changes in income or expenses associated with your career transition. Consider setting aside an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses.

5. Debt Management: If you have any outstanding debts, develop a plan to manage and pay them off efficiently. Prioritise high-interest debts like credit card debt while maintaining minimum payments on other loans.

6. Retirement Planning: Review your retirement savings accounts like the EPF, and assess whether you're on track to meet your long-term retirement goals. Consider consulting a financial advisor to develop a personalised retirement plan based on your age, income, risk tolerance, and retirement objectives.

7. Health Insurance and Benefits: Evaluate the health insurance and other benefits offered by your new employer, if applicable. Ensure you understand the coverage provided and any associated costs. If transitioning to self-employment or freelancing, research options for obtaining health insurance coverage independently.

8. Networking and Building Connections: Network with professionals in your desired industry to gain insights, advice, and potential job opportunities. Attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your network.

9. Side Hustle or Freelancing: Consider starting a side hustle or freelancing in your desired field while maintaining your current job. This can provide additional income, valuable experience, and a smoother transition into your new career.

10. Evaluate Risks and Rewards: Assess the risks and rewards associated with your career change, including potential income fluctuations, job stability, and work-life balance. Be prepared to adapt and make adjustments as needed throughout the transition process.

By following these steps and carefully planning your career transition, you can navigate the change while maintaining financial stability and working towards your long-term goals, including retirement.
Dr Karthiyayini

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024