Dr Natasha

Dr Natasha Kumrah  | Answer  |Ask -

GP, Diabetologist, Gastroenterologist - Answered on Mar 20, 2023

Dr Natasha Kumrah is a general physician and diabetologist practising at Ruby Hall Clinic, a multispecialty hospital in Pune.
She has 11 years of experience in diabetes management, gastroenterology and general medicine.
Dr Kumrah completed her MBBS from the Maharashtra Institute of Medical Sciences And Research, Pune and her MD in general medicine from the Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
Chandan Question by Chandan on Mar 12, 2023Hindi

My father is 88 years old...he has IBS since last 8 years. Last 6 months, along with IBS he has excessive gas issue which is leading to abdominal cramp, which is further increased drastically in last 2 weeks..I have consulted with gastro specialist 2 months back as well as ayurvedic doctor one week back....nothing abnormal found in investigation..As per them , due to age he has bowel movement problem. They has given some medication, which my father is regularly taking without no improvement. Pls also note that , my father's gall bladder also removed 12 years back..He is also on very restricted diet as per advice of doctor. Can you pls suggest for any improvement in the situation?

Ans: Hello Chandan ji.. I totally agree that with age digestive system becomes slow.. I will advise to take frequent small meals, avoid lying down immediately after meals, little increase in water intake at least up to 2 lit / day, and avoid milk and milk products. All thes may help to improve symptoms. Eating diary will help that what food items he is not tolerating.

Komal

Komal Jethmalani  |325 Answers  |Ask -

Dietician, Diabetes Expert - Answered on Apr 15, 2023

Hi komalji, I am 50 year old and Ihav what they call Irritiable Bowel Syndrome from 1998. since then i skipped breakfast and wud eat small snack in late afternoon and full meal in nights since eating in the morning or until i am very hungry wud intesity the stomach pain as my intestines were badly swollen for 15 years. From last two years i am having meal in the late afternoon and snacks in the night.but there is no consistency. I prefer to stay on empty stomach although it causes giddiness hunger etc. as eating worsens my condition as i cant digest food at all. i hav serious discomfort/pain/bloatedness after eating. this affects my mind too. My stomach is highly intolerant of many foods (i am vegetarian) including milk,dairy products, protein foods (they cause extreme anger within 20 mins) or vegetables that contain high content minerals. if i take supplements for vitamins or minerals they cause serious side effects including diarrhea, stomach pain, anger etc. but the poor nutritious food is also causing lot of health issues and doctors advise to eat a protein vitamin filled diet which i cant digest. its a catch 22 situation. i hav been to many doctors including homeo ayurveda and been abroad from last 25 years with no results. from last ten years my mind is seriously affected where i rage with anger 24/7 (thats right) for no reason since the deficiencies are causing anger and anxiety too. i am not working from last three years and unable to drive because of anxiety. i cant sleep until early morning and wake up within three to four hours of disturbed sleep from last ten years. my life is ruined becoz of this conditon which many people/doctors dismiss as trivial. friends relatives,siblings dont understand my situation and think i am making this up to compensate my failures in having a good job/income and hav cut off ties with me many years ago. I cud not marry becoz of this condition. gastro enterologists and neurologists hav told me that i will be like this all my life and i know they are right. however, i wud like to know your opinion.
Ans: Stress is a prominent factor in your diagnosis. One of main symptoms of stress is IBS. Follow a low residue and fiber diet. Eat small frequent meals in the day. Have lots of fluids. Have nutrient dense foods in small portions. You must not give in to your negative thoughts. Be positive and work towards improvising your lifestyle.

Dear Sir, I have an offer from Manipal Udupi (main campus) in joining Mechanical (from 3rd round of counseling). I am not interested on Mechanical, and I do not have any other offers in hand. I am thinking of dropping this year and preparing of JEE next year. Please note, my JEE result was below 80% percentile and PCM at 80% this year. Is it advisable to drop a year or going with Mech in Manipal-U (I am hearing that there would be few more intra-campus counselling rounds which might change my position from mech to other streams like electrical or electronics.
Ans: Bibek, what are you are referring is sliding / upgrading to other streams. Please note this depends upon the demands by other students belonging to Mechanical for ECE/CSE/EEE etc. and also your academic performance in 1st year. I normally do not recommend 'drop'. Besides, keeping in view your score in Board/JEE, it is not advisable. Better to join Manipal-Main Campus for Mechanical & try for sliding.

Some suggestions before / after joining Manipal. (1) Have a thorough research about Manipal Main Campus about its culture, hostel facilities, internship opportunities, placement records, infrastructure, faculties, quality of teaching etc. to yourself get mentally prepared (2) Keep upgrading your skills (3) Create a Professional LinkedIn Profile and keep updating it every 3-months, using keywords related to your domain / skills (4) Put Job Alerts in LinkeIn to get notifications to know about Job Market Trends to keep yourself updated (5) Connect with Professionals of your domain (not to ask for jobs) to gain knowledge from them and their views. All the Best for Your Bright Future.

To Know More on 'Education | Careers | Jobs', Ask / Follows us in RediffGURUS.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 13, 2024

I had requested a company to provide internship plus project for my regular M.Tech course, instead i was offered internship plus job and contribution to pf was also there. In 3rd Sem we need to do internship which ended at Jan 2021, pf contribution started for month of October 2020. In 4th sem, no subject only project and i continued my job and project parallely This was during covid time, will this be a problem to work in IT gaint like TCS, If Yes, what best can i do ?
Ans: Having both an internship and a job during your M.Tech is commendable. It shows your commitment and multitasking abilities. The contribution to your provident fund (PF) is an added benefit. Remember, many successful professionals have navigated similar situations. Your dedication and adaptability will be valuable assets.

The pandemic accelerated the move toward hybrid workplaces, combining remote and in-person work. IT companies are increasingly open to flexible arrangements. Highlight your adaptability and remote work experience during interviews.

Update your resume and LinkedIn profile to reflect your internship, job, and project experience. Emphasize the skills you gained during your job and project. Showcase any relevant technologies or tools. Connect with professionals in your field. Attend virtual events and webinars. Prepare for technical interviews. Practice coding, algorithms, and system design. Understand TCS’s work culture, values, and projects. During interviews, explain your situation honestly. Highlight your achievements and how you managed both work and studies.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -

My son recently completed his Btech Mechanical at Thapar Institute but still waiting for placement.He got 8.5 cg till 7th sem and cg of 8th sem not declared yet and I hope he will not get less than previous cg. Please guide us about his placement. Can he placed of campus? or but about his study now.
Ans: Job searches can be challenging, but persistence pays off. Remind your son to stay positive, keep refining his approach, and learn from any setbacks. Remember that every student’s journey is unique, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Encourage your son to explore both on-campus and off-campus options, and support him throughout the process. Your son’s strong CGPA can certainly attract recruiters during these placement drives.

If on-campus placements don’t yield immediate results, off-campus placements are an alternative. Off-campus placements involve applying directly to companies outside the college. Your son can explore job portals, company websites, and networking platforms to find relevant job openings. Tailor his resume, write personalized cover letters, and apply proactively.

While waiting for placements, your son can enhance his skills. Consider certifications, online courses, or projects related to mechanical engineering. Practical experience and domain-specific knowledge can make him more attractive to employers. Networking plays a crucial role in off-campus placements. Encourage your son to connect with alumni, industry professionals, and attend job fairs or industry events.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |64 Answers  |Ask -