Home > Health > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Nidhi Gupta  |161 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on Oct 16, 2023

Nidhi Bajaj Gupta has 20 years of experience as a physiotherapist.
She founded the Merahki Holistic Wellness Company in 2011 and is the co-founder of Miraaya Holistic Growth Centre.
She has a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy from Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pune, and certifications in myofascial release, dry needling and craniosacral therapy from New York, San Francisco and Singapore.
She combines both Eastern and Western ways of healing. ... more
Asked by Anonymous - Aug 10, 2023Hindi

Hi, I am 46 years old male having post polio paralysis of both lower limbs but can walk and climb stairs as well with holding sideways support. After 8th class my classmates noticed that my back was bending too much, since on govt schools we had to sit on mats. When I reached 9th and 10th class, it was a bend in backbone and belonging to poor family, we could not afford medical advice. Now that i have scoliosis and feel constant pressure on left side of chest which increases in intensity after a moderate physical activity. I have consulted a cardio and his suggestion was to do angiography as it is a sign of CAD. He also gave medications like Rancad, Atorsave cv and halfdol, but there is a marginal improvement. My body weight has recently increased from 59 to 64 Kgs, i am 5 feet tall. Please help me how can I manage this medical condition and lead a healthy life. Thanks for your valuable time.

Ans: Hello Anonymous,
Did you do the angiography? What did it show?
Yes, scoliosis starts putting pressure on one side of the body and hence starts affecting the inner organs as well as the musculoskeletal system too.
You should definitely take the help either of a good yoga teacher or a physiotherapist.
They need to evaluate you in details, check your core muscles, muscle strength and accordingly give you a home program to do. You need to also learn some breathing exercises from them. If you do general exercises on your own you will tend to pressurise one side more. When you do therapeutic exercises you will feel more balanced and you can manage this condition much better.
You should also once consult a nutritionist who can guide you towards some healthier choices.
Even if you just do one consult with a nutritionist and maybe 2-3 sessions with a physiotherapist/yoga teacher rest you can then continue at home. So it will be cost effective for you to.
Wishing you all the best for a healthier life ahead!
DISCLAIMER: The answer provided by rediffGURUS is for informational and general awareness purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below

Latest Questions
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds