Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |71 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Mar 22, 2024

Ashwini Dasgupta is a personality development coach and a neuro-linguistic programming trainer.
She has 15 years of experience training corporate professionals and has worked at Amazon, JP Morgan, Nomura and Satyam among others.
As a career coach, Ashwini specialises in helping growth-minded IT corporate managers develop their self-worth and create the right mindset so that they can achieve their career goals.
Besides corporate training, she offers personal consultations as well.
Ashwini holds a master’s degree in human resources from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, and is a certified NLP trainer from the National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming, USA.
She has completed her soft skills training and image consultancy course from the Image Consulting Business Institute, Mumbai
Amol Question by Amol on Sep 24, 2023Hindi

What is the simple and less cost way to do PhD. And after completing PhD. can I prefix doctor before my name.

Ans: Dear Anmol,

Few options to consider-
Look for universities or institutes that offer fully funded Ph.D.
Seek out for scholarships grants, fellowships, and other funding opportunities to help cover other expenses.
Look for part-time and online programs- they have lower tuition costs and allow the student to study remotely.
Opt for collaborative research -with government agencies, NGO's etc
Look for distance learning or open universities- they have low tuition costs
Look for a sponsorship- maybe your current employer if you are working. Few organizations support it.

Regarding the use of the title "Doctor" before your name after completing a Ph.D., it's generally accepted practice to use the title "Dr." as a prefix once you have earned a doctoral degree. Well, it differs from country to country.

Hope this helps. All the very best.
To Your Success
Thanks and Regards
Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of Confidence Decoded. Is it a Skill or Attitude?

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Nov 24, 2023

Sir/ma'am I am undergraduate holding an mbbs degree nd want to pursue MD from abroad in English medium from Germany.
Ans: Hello Vivek,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that you already hold an MBBS degree and now wish to pursue a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree abroad. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that owing to the well-known healthcare system and top-notch education in Germany, pursuing an MD degree in the country can be a wise decision.

You would be glad to know that international students can choose from a vast array of English-medium MD programs offered in Germany. Nevertheless, the procedure may entail a few steps. To begin with, you ought to make sure that the relevant authorities in Germany acknowledge your MBBS degree. Remember that even though a number of MD programs in Germany are taught in the English language, you will be required to demonstrate your fluency in the language through appearing for tests viz., the TOEFL or IELTS. In addition, you might also need to demonstrate your ability to speak German. I would recommend that you conduct an all-round study and shortlist universities that offer Doctor of Medicine (MD) programs in order to select the one that best resonates with your interests, you should fulfill their unique prerequisites for admission. Not just that, I also suggest that you acquaint yourself with the financial considerations, guidelines for obtaining a visa, as well as any requirements to be met in order to practise medicine in the country (Germany) upon earning your MD degree.

I would like to tell you that enrolling in an MD program overseas calls for careful planning, comprehending the prerequisites, as well as requires you to adjust to a new academic and cultural setting. You will be able to gain exposure to a variety of medical practices, as well as widen your horizons in the field, thus, it offers an excellent chance for both, individual and career development.