Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 14, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Apr 11, 2023

What kind of benefit is my child going to attain by studying in an IB institute?

Thank you for contacting us. To begin with, enrolling your child in an International Baccalaureate (IB) institute has a number of advantages. Studying at an IB institution may provide a number of advantages, such as:

1. Global Outlook: Internationally renowned IB programs prioritise a global perspective. Students are exposed to a wide variety of cultures, concepts, and viewpoints, which can aid in the development of a more expansive worldview and a more global mindset.

2. Demanding Curriculum: The rigorous curriculum that emphasises interdisciplinary learning, critical thinking, and research skills is a hallmark of IB programs. This can aid in the development of strong academic abilities in your child that are transferable to both further education and the workplace, such as research, analysis, and problem-solving.

3. Holistic Development: IB programs focus on the holistic development of the child, emphasising not only academic but also social, emotional, and physical growth. Students are urged to participate in extracurricular pursuits, volunteer work, and contemplation since these activities can support their character development and personal growth.

4. Command over multiple languages: Students may have the chance to study numerous languages as IB programs frequently place an emphasis on language learning. This can help them communicate better, help them better comprehend other cultures, and make them more employable in a more and more interconnected world.

In addition to the benefits mentioned above, studying at an IB institution also prepares the student for higher education, develops the students’ critical thinking abilities, and strives to offer a well-rounded education.

It's crucial to remember that depending on the particular school and program, the unique advantages of studying at an IB institute can change. To better appreciate the advantages of studying at the particular IB institute your child is contemplating, it is advised that you do some research about it and pay a visit to the school.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Feb 09, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Feb 08, 2023
Sir, my nephew has sought admission in ISB Hyderabad for post graduation but wants to know if it would be a better option to have an international degree. His budget is Rs 40 lakh and his GRE is 310 in the second attempt.
Ans: Hello!

Several variables, including your nephew's professional aspirations, industry, and location, will determine if an overseas degree is a better choice.
Your nephew can benefit from a diversified and global education and improve his resume by acquiring an international degree. A bigger network of alumni connections in the worldwide market or prospects for overseas job placements may also become available.
After an international degree, he can also consider career options such as working in a multinational corporation, starting his own business, or seeking employment in their field of study abroad.
A top overseas business school degree might be substantially more expensive to pursue than education in India. With a budget of 40 lakhs, your nephew may find it challenging to afford an international degree.
Additionally, with a GRE score of 310, he might get acceoted into top overseas schools as most of them have waived off GRE for the year 2023.
In the end, your nephew should carefully examine the benefits and drawbacks of obtaining an overseas degree, taking into account his financial situation, professional objectives, and academic background. He could find it useful to look at particular colleges and programmes to see if they fit with his objectives and whether he would be a strong candidate.

Mayank Kumar  |179 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Aug 10, 2023

Hi, my daughter want to pursue integrated law.She got admission in Christ lavasa,pune. How is the college.is it worth sending her there
Ans: Christ (Deemed to be University) is accredited by the NAAC and enjoys a great reputation among India's Top colleges. Hence, it is safe to rely on the kind of education and opportunities it would offer across campuses. You can also consider the following parameters to evaluate if the program will add any value:
a) It is advised to check if the institution is accredited by relevant educational bodies
b) Learn about the qualifications and experience of the faculty members in the law program
c) Check the campus infrastructure, libraries, moot courtrooms, and other facilities necessary for a comprehensive legal education
d) Another critical aspect is to check the placement track record; if the program provides opportunities for internships and placements in reputed law firms, corporate legal departments, or other relevant organizations.
e) Examine the curriculum to ensure that it covers a wide range of legal subjects and provides practical exposure through moot court competitions, internships, and workshops.
f) Go through online reviews, alumni feedback, and opinions from professionals in the legal field can provide insights
g) Understand the extracurricular activities the curriculum provides - opportunities for participation in moot court competitions, seminars, workshops, or legal aid clinics
h)A strong alumni network will also be helpful in providing valuable connections
i) Evaluate the tuition fees, scholarships, and any other financial aspects to ensure they align with your budget and expectations
j) If possible visit the campus and interact with faculty members, students, and administrators to get a feel for the institution's environment and culture.
k) Alternatively, she must also explore similar programs that can be pursued online - there are many Edtechs that offer rigorous-training based modules to ensure there's tangible career growth at the end of the program, as good as any offline counterpart.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 04, 2023

Can you please give me any tips for preparing for GRE?
Ans: Hello Vishal,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear about your plans on preparing for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). To prepare well and secure good grades, I would suggest the following tips:

1. Get to know the structure or format of the GRE
2. Make a study plan
3. Make use of authentic GRE study resources or guides
4. Practice on a regular basis
5. Get to know your strengths and weaknesses in each component of the GRE. Also, pay more attention to the areas that require improvement.
6. Sharpen your mathematical abilities by solving maths problems
7. Write Essays and pay heed to the format, flow of the essay, and clarity.
8. Enhance your vocabulary through vocabulary apps and flashcards.
9. Brush up on your reading skills by reading journals, newspapers, and literature.
10. Appear for Mock Exams
11. Understand the mistakes you have made in the mock exams and learn from them.
12. Do not practice continuously, engage in brief breaks during study sessions to remain alert and concentrate better.
13. To acquire more guidance, make use of GRE test prep books, engage in courses online, or consider hiring a teacher.
14. Register for the GRE exam well before you intend appearing for the test in order to obtain a seat.
15. If you plan on appearing for the GRE in offline mode, ensure that you visit your exam centre beforehand.
16. Be mindful of any modifications in the structure of the GRE or its rules as well as any updates.
17. Maintain a Healthy Balance
18. Master Time Management. Answer easy questions first and save the difficult ones for later. Avoid dedicating ample time to one question.
19. Stay Confident and remain assured to earn good grades in the test.
20. On the day of the test, carry all the required materials, including the ID and the admission test card.

Preparing for the GRE examination requires one to put in a lot of effort and time. I would suggest that you create a study plan in accordance with your personal strengths and weaknesses.

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 24, 2023
I have completed my BE in Mechatronics in 2016. Then i started working in embedded electronic segment. But now i want to do masters from USA with top universities in power electronics. What is process. Which university will be best. Is power electronics will be good choice as academically i am from mechatronics background but professionally i am from embedded and power domain.

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am glad to hear about your plans on pursuing a Master's degree in the USA. As an answer to your question, I would like to let you know that it is indeed possible and rather a fruitful step to shift from a Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics to a Master's degree in Power Electronics in the United States. Take the following steps into consideration.

1. Conduct a thorough study and choose: As the first step in the process, I would recommend that you conduct an extensive study on the field of your choice i.e. power electronics and take into account the employment possibilities it has to offer. Although you have a background in mechatronics as previously mentioned by you, you should make sure that the field of power electronics matches your career objectives and interests, and for the same, I suggest that you get in touch with field experts as they will be able to advise you better.

2. Select Universities: There are a number of universities that are renowned for their programs in the field of power electronics. I recommend that you conduct a comprehensive study and list universities. University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of California, Berkeley, Stanford University, and University of Michigan are among the prominent ones. In addition, the university’s location, scholarship opportunities they have to offer, the experience of faculty members, and the likelihood of you securing admission should also be taken into account.

3. Appear for the GRE and English Proficiency Tests viz., IELTS or TOEFL: Majority of the universities in USA require students to prepare for and undertake the GRE i.e. Graduate Record Examination. You may also be required to prove your fluency in the English language through appearing for English competency tests viz. the IELTS or TOEFL, if English is not your first language.

4. Submit a Strong Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose: Next, I would suggest that you draft a strong personal statement or Statement of Purpose that outlines your reasons for wanting to pursue a Master's degree in Power Electronics, how your training in mechatronics as well as your hands-on experience in the embedded and power sectors will help you succeed, and the reasons behind selecting the universities you intend applying to.

5. Submit Academic Marksheets and Endorsement Letters: Along with the SOP, you will also need to submit your BE program marksheets, and obtain strong recommendation letters from instructors and employers who can attest to your educational and work abilities.

6. Take necessary courses: As mentioned earlier, you have a background in mechatronics and now wish to pursue your Master's in Power Electronics. To aid in your transition from mechatronics to power electronics, and to fill in the knowledge gap between your training in mechatronics and the particular demands of power electronics, you may be required to appear for certain prerequisite courses. The courses that you may be required to appear for are mentioned on the websites of the universities.

7. Plan your Finances: Studying in the USA can be a costly affair, and so I suggest that you plan your finances adequately. Take into account your financial circumstances. Also universities in USA offer ample scholarships and assistantships, look into the possible financial aid options that universities have to offer.

8. Make Applications to Universities: As part of the application procedure you will need to submit all the necessary documentation, pay the required application fees, and adhere to application deadlines. I suggest that you complete each university’s online application procedure.

9. Apply for a Visa: On receiving a Letter of Acceptance from the university, as the next step in the process, you will be required to apply for a student visa. Generally, an F-1 visa is required to study in USA. I suggest that you submit the required paperwork and adhere to all the visa prerequisites.

10. Prepare to Migrate: The final step in the process will require you to make all the necessary arrangements. Arrange for accommodation, obtain a medical insurance, and make arrangements for other requirements in the country. Understand the customs and academic standards of the country.

As an answer to your query whether power electronics is a good choice or not, I would like to tell you that as you have expertise in the power and embedded sectors, this field can be a fantastic one. Different sectors viz., electric vehicles, renewable energy, consumer electronics, etc. all depend on the field of power electronics. As mechatronics frequently includes the combination of mechanical systems, control systems, and electronics, your knowledge in the field of mechatronics can offer a distinct viewpoint.

Lastly, the university that you select should resonate with professional ambitions and research pursuits with the filed of power electronics. I would suggest that you conduct a thorough study on not only the courses but also the expertise of the faculty members at each university to ascertain which one best suits your educational and professional goals.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 03, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 03, 2023
I am doing WILP M.Sc IT first year BITS It is a course of 2.5 years in BITS. Can i join for 2nd year in abroad universities

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear about your plans on deciding to pursue the 2nd year of your WILP M.Sc IT BITS Pilani program at a university overseas. As an answer to your query, I would like to inform you that a number of factors including overseas universities’ guidelines as well as your BITS Pilani program’s acknowledgement play a vital role in deciding whether or not you are eligible to pursue the second year of the program at a university abroad. Please take the following factors into account:

1. Consider the program’s acknowledgement and accreditation: Accreditation or getting certified guarantees a student that his/her degree is legitimate and recognized by universities across the globe. As the first step in the process, I would suggest that you make sure that the pertinent academic institutions in India as well as overseas, both recognize as well as accept the WILP M.Sc. IT program at BITS Pilani.

2. Get to know the Transfer Guidelines: Transfer students are generally accepted by certain universities. Nevertheless, they possess unique prerequisites and constraints, and thus, in my opinion, it’s best to consult your preferred universities overseas in order to understand their guidelines with respect to the credit transfer from other schools/universities.

3. Familiarize Yourself with prerequisites for Admission: For transfer students, varying prerequisites for admission may be set forth by varying universities. I suggest that you get to know and adhere to not only their education criteria but also their prerequisites for language competency.

4. Ensure a coherence between the course curriculum: You will need to make sure that there is a coherence between the course of study that was completed by you at BITS Pilani and the program of study at the international university. Remember that in order to fill in any gaps, you may be needed to appear for other extra courses.

5. Plan your Finances: Pursuing studies overseas can be a costly affair, and for this reason, you will need to ensure that you have sufficient funds to pay for your living costs, tuition fees, as well as other miscellaneous expenditures.

6. Get in touch with education counselors: To better comprehend the consequences and the steps involved in the process of transferring to a foreign university, I highly recommend that you get in touch with education counselors at BITS Pilani as they will be in a better position to offer specialized advice based on your circumstances.

7. Get to know the Application Deadlines: You should get to know the last date to apply to your preferred universities overseas. For that, I recommend that you start planning well in advance and send in your application as per schedule.

8. Follow Visa and Immigration Prerequisites: There are visa and immigration prerequisites associated with studying overseas that you will be required to look in. To be able to study in your preferred country, I suggest that you adhere to the visa requirements in order to acquire the appropriate authorization.

I would like to inform you that transferring to an overseas university to pursue the second year of your studies is indeed possible. Nevertheless, you will need to take into account all the aforementioned aspects and plan meticulously. To see if you qualify and to understand the likelihood of transfer, I recommend that you conduct an extensive study and directly get in touch with each university as each may have unique prerequisites and guidelines.