Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Apr 29, 2023

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
MAN Question by MAN on Apr 15, 2023Hindi

I have been trying for job since 4 yrs(21 yrs experience).Nobody (almost 500 Industry link people,high profile people etc etc). Nobody is lifting my phone ,helping ,discussing for getting job. Beleive me or not ,trust me or not but the real truth is I never made a single mistake against my previous companies. gap winding day by day,month by month,year by year ,age going on year by year,last decade of career , Which leads to RED flag on resume. For no options thus doing part time job which is not sufficient to survive a normal life for my family I am the first and last employee on this earth who is facing such strage problem

Ans: Not sure how to help you. Build your self confidence, get healthy and do some additional courses.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 05, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Dec 02, 2023
Hi, Iam jobless since after Covid pandemic, 2020, my company, with whom I worked for 8yrs and started their business in my territory from zero sales to 5cr sales PA , removed me siting that there is no sales in last Six months and my salary was not justifiable. Infact due to Covid situation industry in my territory was itself down without any business. I was little depressed but thought to start my own business. After 3 months, when the industry started recovering, with the help of my friend ,using my finance I started my business in the same industry of adhesive with single product plan. Sales were up but not money recovery, payments got delayed by 90 to 120 days. Even my supplier gave me poor quality material 3 to 4 times due to which I have to replace good quality material to my customers and couldn't make any profit. Slowly I was exhausting of my finances and thus decided to stop the business and pursue Job. I got job offer in Nov2021 with an earlier employer and also a different field MNC. I chose to go with my earlier employer, as I knew the company well and loved to do the job. And I didn't want to risk with the new feild MNC. With this Job slowly I understood that my colleague of different territory was not happy with my joining siting a threat to the advancement to National Sales Head position and used to do politics and lure our Owner. After eight months he was given the NSM position and he started abusing me. I resigned immediately. Since then I trying for job opportunities, working as freelancer. But I'm not getting good job offers. I do get job offers which involves travelling a lot. I want to leave a peaceful life without leaving my family, a job whereby by evening I should be with my family. Iam 44yrs of age now. Kindly suggest me , a family centric person, how to get job offers within my requirement or to don't think of family and get ready for traveling job, this is my dilemma.
Ans: I’m sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot of ups and downs in your career. It’s understandable that you want to find a job that allows you to spend more time with your family. Here are some tips that might help you find a job that meets your requirements:

Update your resume and cover letter: Make sure your resume and cover letter are up-to-date and tailored to the job you’re applying for. Highlight your skills and experience that are relevant to the job.

Network: Reach out to your professional network and let them know you’re looking for a job. Attend industry events and conferences to meet new people and make connections.

Apply to family-friendly companies: Look for companies that have a reputation for being family-friendly. These companies may offer flexible work arrangements, such as telecommuting or part-time work.

Search for jobs with specific keywords: Use keywords such as “family-friendly,” “flexible hours,” or “work-life balance” when searching for jobs online. This can help you find jobs that are more likely to meet your requirements.

Consider freelancing: Freelancing can be a good option if you’re looking for more flexibility in your work schedule. You can work from home and choose the projects you want to work on.

Be open to new opportunities: While it’s important to find a job that meets your requirements, it’s also important to be open to new opportunities. You never know where your next job offer might come from.

Remember, finding a job that meets your requirements may take some time and effort. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find the right job right away. Keep applying and networking, and you’ll increase your chances of finding a job that meets your needs.

I hope this helps. Best of luck with your job search! ????

I purchased an NSC in 2018 and paid tax every year for the interest on accrual basis. But it seems from last year, post offices are providing data to AIS on receipt basis, that is, whole amount of interest on maturity. What happens to the money I paid as taxes in previous years on the same basis? How do I adjust them? Please help as many people I now face this issue.
Ans: You're right! The tax treatment of NSC interest can be confusing. Here's what you need to know:

Good news: The taxes you've paid on the accrued interest in previous years are valid. You don't need to adjust them.

Why?

The Income Tax department in India treats interest earned on NSCs on an accrual basis, even though the interest is paid out at maturity. This means you were correct to pay taxes on the accrued interest every year.

What about the data mismatch with AIS?

The post office might now be reporting the entire interest on maturity to the Annual Information Statement (AIS). This can create a discrepancy.

How to handle it?

• You don't need to file any corrections for previous years.
• When filing your current year's return, consider the following:

1. If you consistently claimed the accrued interest as income in previous years, only report the interest for the final year (maturity year) in your current return. This avoids double taxation.
2. You can file feedback in the AIS portal mentioning that the interest for the previous years was already offered for tax purposes. This helps in clarifying the situation.

Additional tips:

• It's advisable to maintain records of your previous tax returns where you declared the accrued interest.
• If you have any concerns, consult a tax advisor for personalized guidance specific to your situation.

This is a common issue faced by many NSC holders. By following these steps, you can ensure your tax filing remains accurate.

Sir, We've observed that you tend to recommend institutions like VIT, which have a non-transparent category system (where you 'buy' your way up over other deserving students) over Manipal CSE at both the main campus and the Bangalore campus. You also seem to favor institutions such as RV (I am from RV and a Bangalorean for over 40 years) and BMS, which are no doubt good , but ranked lower than Main Manipal in their placements. Is there a particular reason for this bias against Manipal in your recommendations? Manipal Sikkim, we can understand. Please note, I do not have any family connections to Manipal nor We have anyone studying there. We are exploring fallback options including Manipal for our son in case he doesn't get his desired branch at BITS Pilani or NITs. If a reason as to why 'No Manipal' it'll be helpful for all. Thank you for your guidance.
Ans: Thanks for your feedback. Regarding Manipal, it is one of the top-ranked universities with good placements. I had clearly mentioned it is not suitable, only for SOME (not all) students due to some reasons and the feedback I got some from Manipal students on 'Non-Academic / Psychological' Factors. Psychological factors also play an important role for careers. There are students who are academically strong, but psychologically might be average or below. Regarding VIT, most of the parents'/candidates' questions do not specifically refer about the Category they got. If they clearly mention about the category, I reply accordingly that, to go for VIT only if they can afford the fees. I hope I have clarified your clarified your doubt. Thanks once again for your feedback and for reading my answers. All the BEST for Your Son's Bright Future.

Hello sir.. my son secured 96.07pecentile in JEE mains with a rank around 60k.. basis this he applied and now has a few offers from pvt colleges.. Just to add he has basic knowledge about AI/Python from his school, while he has also registered himself for IITM BS degree online course (this course he plans to keep doing with regular engg). I will be grateful for your guidance on below four pointers... 1. Will it be too much stress to carry on with the online (NPTEL) BS-degree course of IITM with regular full-time BTech? 2. He is getting Elec n Instru at Nirma in round 1.. how would you prefer this EIE branch, from future perspective or is too low placed compared to ECE at same univ. And also critical cons about Nirma UG courses! 3. He has offer for CSE (in round 1) from - JKLU, Jaipur; KJ Somaiya (KJSCE); Symbiosis (SIT); Mahindra Ecole. 4. Thapar, Patiala has offered Robotics in round-1, while we are awaiting results from Jaypee, Sastra and YMCA, Faridabad Please help decide for the best college considering ROI (I mean 25L at some colleges where CSE batch is 1400+) and his future career path. A faster response will help us decide soon, since I have blocked too much money also for the admission offers, which might become a tedious task at refund time! Thanks! Amit
Ans: Amit Sir, Please note (1) Regarding his online Course with NPTEL-IITM, it depends upon how he manages / utilizes his time after joining his BTech. If he manages his time well for both, he can. (2) Better to prefer ECE over E & I (3) Order of Preference: Sastra (Tanjore) | Jaypee | Symbiosis (Hope, out of these 3, you can finalize one) (4) ROI: Rate of Return depends only only upon the College your joins Sir, but also your son's self-motivation, dedication, his academic performance with co-curricular activities in College, Upgrading his skills in 4-years, having professional Linkedin Pofile & his preparation for Campus Interview. Sir, I hope I have clarified all your doubts. Any further clarification, you can raise here. All The Best for Your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad)’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

Hi Anu, I'm married since 5 years now and having loving In-Laws who are financially very well to do. My husband and I earn very less as compared to my in-laws, with whom we stay. My husband is 37 years old and earns 47000 INR a month, out of which he saves 35000 INR (in-laws have told him not to spend on house expense, but instead save). The rest 12000 INR he has for himself. I am also working and all my earning is with me. The problem is that he usually ends up spending almost all of the 12K. This angers me as I feel he should focus on saving as much as possible from that. We have an understanding among us that the expense for enjoyment will be borne by me as his major chunk is being saved for "Our" future. Am I wrong to be upset with his spending?
Are you wrong to be upset?
NO and YES...
NO; as you feel wronged that you are the one spending on enjoyment, so where does he spend 12K?
YES; as you have not conveyed it to him or the two of you have not spoken about it earlier. Have you discussed that he must save the 12K?
So, the key to any solid marriage is COMMUNICATION...Communicating your needs, wants, desires, values and aligning them to make the marriage work looking at the larger picture.

Simply have a frank conversation. For all you know, he may just understand where you are coming from; BUT if he wants to spend SOME OF his hard earned money on himself his way, kindly let it be. It's the pride of a man to be able to earn and spend without asking for anyone's permission. Do respect that...

Hi mam, My parents are very strict ones I tried to talk to them from last aug to November or December my father stoped talking to me and abused me with abusive words and my mother did not say anything she was in support to my parents, then I stopped some while , now parents are behaving normally like nothing happened and mother was asking is I forget about him i said no again and now I want to talk again about this issue but I don't how to start again I feel hesitation and i started panicking I feel so sad all the time I don't know what to do please help me . I love my parents and my partner very much , my partners parents were ready for us but now they are saying tell her to do talk to her parents fastly and ask if they are ready or not we will not wait for her , they are forcing him to marry someone else I'm so stressed all the time.
If you are an adult and my that I mean at an age where you can legally be married, then what is the confusion?
Also, is your partner is someone who values you and is also in a good financial position? (I say this only because many girls become blind in love without realizing that his income is the one that will support the family when you are ready to have a baby wherein there will be a small break in your career or you will have the flexibility to take a break).

What is the reason for your parents to say NO to this boy? I suggest that you address that concern otherwise no amount of talking is going to convince them. Request your partner to speak with his family so that can give you sometime to talk to your parents and sort things first. You are stressed all the time because instead of finding ways to solve the problem, you have been sitting with the problem and worrying about it.

Talk to your parents first, understand why don't like your partner and what must happen for them to start liking him. See where this talk leads you to...