Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 17, 2023

KANWAL Question by KANWAL on Nov 15, 2023Hindi

Thank you so much for your advice. Yes they want me to relocate to Texas. i will take your advice and reject the offer. They told me life is better in US and work culture is good in US as compared to India. The downside for me is leaving old parents alone and moving to US.

Ans: That's an excellent decision you have made. I'm so proud of your decision to support your parents and family. India definitely has a significantly better lifestyle in terms of domestic help, family and in-person social engagements.

Career Coach  |42 Answers  |Ask -

Workplace Expert - Answered on Mar 19, 2024

My CTC in India is 1900000 per annum. I have got a job offer of 1300KWD in Kuwait. But I cannot take my family with me. Is this a good offer? What should I do?
Ans: To evaluate whether the job offer in Kuwait is better than your current situation in India, you'll need to consider several factors:

1. Cost of living: Kuwait's cost of living may be higher or lower than in India, depending on various factors such as housing, groceries, transportation, healthcare, etc. You should research and compare the cost of living between the two countries to understand how far your salary will go in Kuwait.

2. Taxation: India has income tax, while Kuwait generally does not have income tax for expatriates. However, there may be other taxes or fees in Kuwait that you need to consider.

3. Quality of life: Consider the quality of life in Kuwait compared to what you currently have in India. This includes factors like safety, healthcare, education, social life, climate, etc.

4. Career advancement: Evaluate the potential for career growth and professional development in both locations. Will the job in Kuwait provide better opportunities for advancement or skill development?

5. Separation from family: Consider the impact of being away from your family. Are you comfortable with the idea of living and working abroad without them? Can you manage financially and emotionally without their immediate presence?

6. Future plans: Consider your long-term goals and plans. Will this move align with your career aspirations and personal objectives?

Once you've considered these factors, you'll be in a better position to decide whether to accept the job offer in Kuwait. It's not just about the salary figure; it's about the overall package and how it fits into your life and future plans. You may also want to negotiate the offer to see if there's room for improvement in terms of salary, benefits, or other aspects of the job. If you're still unsure, you could consult with a financial advisor or career counselor for personalized advice.

Hello Guru g, I am a merchant Navy professional, I have just married, But things in my family were not good before my marriage and after marriage the things are same , like fights of my mother with my grandmother, my father and mother fights, there is a toxic environment in my house, my time I have tried to neutralise the things but I can't change them it's in there basic nature, I don't want to live anymore with my parents, because in Village people all-around fill their minds with different things and they bing it to our house , because some people here can't see us growing, so I have decided that I will not live here, Then I left with two options either I move to city or go abroad, of I choose the first one then how would I convince my parents to go to city with them, what should I tell them so that they also didn't get hurt and allow me to take this step and also how can I find a good society because we are newly married couple and security is my main concern because I am very afraid of cities because there criminal activities are more than villages , and If I choose the 2nd option then I have to spend a lot of money but I wanted to do business in India because there is a lot of scope here and expenses to live a life is less here, so kindly help me take decision, I will be very thankful to you .
You don't prefer the 'toxicity'!
You are afraid of big cities as criminal activities are more than the cities!
Your parents may not move in to the city but you also find the environment they are in toxic!
You feel some people can't see you growing!
You don't prefer going abroad as you want to business in India!

Can you see how you have restricted yourself? This is called having a dream BUT clipping one's own wings. How can you make a decision when there are so many self-imposed constraints?
I suggest:
- Drop down all the options possible
- List down the pros and cons of each
- Choose the one that is financially viable
- Let your parents choose where they want to live

You have just started your family life; focus on what's best from a growth perspective...take decisions that help your marriage and career grow...And oh, you can choose to see the crime in the city OR you can choose to see opportunities...where is your focus?