Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jul 10, 2023

Ravikumar Question by Ravikumar on Jul 07, 2023Hindi

Sir, i am Ravi working as an accountant in small scall industry. Basically I completed my B com in kannada medium, I am not well in english communication, can i get high salary job? Please advise.

Ans: Hi Ravi,

I understand your concern about English language proficiency affecting your job prospects and salary potential. While language skills are certainly important in many industries and job roles, it's not the sole determining factor for securing a high-paying job.

In the field of accounting, proficiency in English can be beneficial, especially when dealing with multinational clients or working in a global organization. However, it's not the only factor that employers consider. Your expertise, experience, and qualifications as an accountant are equally important.

To enhance your job prospects and potentially secure a higher-salary job, I would suggest the following:

Focus on your accounting skills: Continue to develop and refine your accounting expertise. Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and best practices. Consider pursuing professional certifications like CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) to showcase your proficiency.

Gain practical experience: Look for opportunities to gain hands-on experience in accounting, either through internships or by taking on additional responsibilities in your current role. Practical experience can often compensate for any language barriers.

Improve your English communication skills: While it may not be a prerequisite for every accounting job, improving your English communication skills will undoubtedly open more doors for you. Consider enrolling in English language courses or seeking out resources to help you improve your speaking, writing, and listening skills.

Highlight your strengths: Emphasize your expertise in accounting, your attention to detail, and your ability to manage financial data effectively. Showcase any accomplishments or projects where you made a significant impact.

Network and seek opportunities: Engage with professional networks, attend industry events, and connect with individuals who can potentially help you find new job opportunities. Networking can often lead to discovering roles that are suitable for your skills and qualifications.

Remember, in any job application, it's essential to present yourself confidently and highlight your strengths. While language skills are important, they can be improved with time and practice. Focus on showcasing your accounting abilities and continuously working on enhancing your overall professional profile.

Regards,
Abhishek Shah

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

hi Abhishek , i am having 22+ year experience and working as a software delivery head, but salary is like nothing, so what is to do to get good salary job, even i have a good knowledge also, but not able to get the job, and due to this my marriage is also not happening, i got divorce in 2007, but since that i am not able to do the 2nd marriage, i am trying and not able to get the 2nd marriage, so can you please guide please.
Ans: Hello Sunil,

I understand that you're experiencing difficulties in finding a job with a good salary despite having over 22 years of experience as a software delivery head. I can provide you with some suggestions that may help you in your job search and personal life:

Update your resume: Make sure your resume highlights your extensive experience, achievements, and skills. Tailor it to each job application, emphasizing relevant accomplishments.

Networking: Connect with professionals in your industry through networking events, online platforms, and professional associations. Building relationships and seeking referrals can increase your chances of finding job opportunities.

Job search platforms: Utilize popular job search platforms and websites specific to your industry. Regularly check these platforms for new job openings and apply to positions that match your skills and experience.

Stay updated: Keep yourself updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and certifications. Attend conferences, workshops, and webinars to enhance your knowledge and stay competitive in the job market.

Polish your interviewing skills: Practice common interview questions and prepare your responses. Highlight your achievements and how your skills align with the requirements of the job you're applying for.

Consider contract work or consulting: Explore opportunities for contract work or consulting gigs, as they often offer higher rates and can lead to permanent positions or other opportunities.

Professional development: Identify any gaps in your skills and consider taking courses or certifications to update your knowledge. This demonstrates your commitment to professional growth and can make you more marketable.

Regarding your personal life and desire for a second marriage, it's important to prioritize your emotional well-being and self-care. Here are a few suggestions:

Reflect and heal: Take time to reflect on your past relationship and the reasons for the divorce. Seek closure and consider therapy or counseling if needed to heal and move forward.

Focus on personal growth: Engage in activities that bring you joy, pursue hobbies, and invest in self-improvement. Cultivate your interests and passions, which can make you more confident and attractive to potential partners.

Expand your social circle: Participate in social activities, join clubs or groups related to your interests, and attend events where you can meet new people. Expanding your social circle increases the likelihood of meeting someone compatible.

Online dating: Consider using online dating platforms to connect with potential partners. Be honest about your intentions and take the time to get to know people before committing to a serious relationship.

Seek professional help if needed: If you're struggling emotionally or finding it challenging to move forward, consider seeking guidance from a therapist or relationship counselor. They can provide support and assist you in navigating your personal journey.

Remember, finding a job with a good salary and a fulfilling personal life takes time and perseverance. Stay positive, believe in your abilities, and keep working towards your goals.

Regards,
Abhishek Shah

Hi, my age is 40, I want to retire by 50 with Rs. 2 Crore of Corpus, Right Now i have Rs. 17 lacs in PF, Rs. 5 Lacs in NPS, Rs.1 Lacs in PPF and Home loan Completed this year. I have one LIC policy of Premium of Rs. 24000 Yearly. Now I don’t have single saving in my saving account. my monthly expense is 35k. I want to start from Zero. My monthly on hand salary is Rs. 1.5 Lacs and i am ready to take risk for Higher return. I have Jeevan Saral Policy starting from 2010 to still now and its mature on September-2023, I have checked and surrender the value comes to Rs. 6 Lacs, overall, i check and confirm only 5 to 6% comes in LIC Policy. Please advise only 5 years remaining for maturity. Also, in My monthly income i can easily save Rs. 1.05 Lacs if consider Rs. 45k Monthly expense. Issue is I am from Market since long 15 years and Right Now Market is very high so it’s advisable to start a SIP. or invest on safe place like FD & RD. Can I increase NPS contribution Rs 50 k to Rs. 1.50 lacs or invest in PPF account of Rs. 1.5 Lacs annually and also open a PPF account for daughter.
Ans: Building a Robust Retirement Plan: A Strategic Approach
Congratulations on completing your home loan! With no debts and a strong monthly income, you are in a great position to plan for retirement. Here’s a comprehensive strategy to achieve your goal of a Rs. 2 crore corpus by the age of 50.

Assessing Your Current Financial Health
Here’s a summary of your current financial standing:

Provident Fund (PF): Rs. 17 lakh
National Pension System (NPS): Rs. 5 lakh
Public Provident Fund (PPF): Rs. 1 lakh
LIC Policy: Surrender value Rs. 6 lakh
You have a solid foundation but need to optimize your investments to reach your goal.

Evaluating Your Current Investments
You have Rs. 6 lakh in an LIC policy with a return of 5-6%. Considering its low return, it might be wise to redirect this amount into higher-yielding investments. Surrendering it and reinvesting in better options could be beneficial.

Creating a Diversified Investment Strategy
Given your readiness to take risks for higher returns, a diversified approach is ideal. Here's how you can structure your investments:

Increasing Contributions to NPS and PPF
NPS: Increasing your contribution to Rs. 1.5 lakh annually can provide additional tax benefits and long-term growth. NPS is a good mix of equity and debt.
PPF: Maximizing your PPF contribution to Rs. 1.5 lakh annually ensures risk-free returns with tax benefits. Opening a PPF account for your daughter is also a good long-term strategy.
Investing in Mutual Funds
Starting a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in mutual funds is advisable despite current market levels. SIPs average out the cost over time, reducing market volatility risk. Actively managed funds can offer better returns than index funds due to professional management and strategic asset allocation.

Liquid Savings and Emergency Fund
Maintaining liquidity is crucial. Since you can save Rs. 1.05 lakh monthly, allocate a portion to build an emergency fund. Aim for 6-12 months' worth of expenses, i.e., Rs. 2.7 lakh to Rs. 5.4 lakh. This fund should be easily accessible, such as in a high-interest savings account or liquid mutual funds.

Tax Planning and Optimization
Maximize tax-saving investments to enhance returns. Utilize Section 80C benefits with investments in PPF, NPS, and ELSS funds. Consider tax-efficient investment options that offer higher post-tax returns.

Reviewing Insurance Coverage
You have term insurance for family protection, which is excellent. Ensure the coverage amount is adequate considering inflation and future needs. Health insurance provided by your company is beneficial, but consider a separate policy for comprehensive coverage during job transitions or retirement.

Rebalancing Your Portfolio
Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to align with your risk tolerance and financial goals. As you approach retirement, gradually shift from high-risk equity investments to safer debt instruments to protect your corpus.

Financial Discipline and Monitoring
Maintain financial discipline by sticking to your savings plan. Regularly monitor your investments and adjust strategies as needed based on market conditions and life changes.

Estimate the corpus required for a comfortable retirement by considering inflation, life expectancy, and desired lifestyle. Use retirement planning tools or consult a Certified Financial Planner for precise calculations.

Upon retirement, implement a Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) from your mutual fund investments. SWPs provide a steady income stream and tax efficiency, ensuring your corpus lasts longer.

Continuous Learning and Adaptation
Stay informed about financial markets and investment opportunities. Financial planning is dynamic; adapt your strategy based on changing economic conditions and personal circumstances.

Your financial health is solid with no debts and a high savings potential. By following a diversified investment strategy and maintaining financial discipline, you can achieve your goal of retiring with a Rs. 2 crore corpus by 50. Optimize tax savings, regularly review your portfolio, and adjust as necessary to stay on track.

Hi, I am 31 year old with 1.5 year old son. I am leaving in joint family. I am a working woman. The problem with me is I feel the only person giving 100% in our relationship is me. Its been 2.5 years we got married, i am handling my expenses as I am working, i am not dependent on him but he never asks for my wishes. He never bough me anything not a single gifts, cakes anything even on special days like birthdays and our anniversaries. I am helping him in his EMIs of loan payments as well but i am not getting phisical or emotional support from him. He even gets angry when i ask for hugs. Sometimes if he gives hug he behaves like he is doing favour. Sometimes i cried at night but he didn't care and goes to sleep peacefully. When my mother in law and i got in argument he supports me less and everytime supports his mom. I helped him in paying in his sister's marriag also. He never takes mr to dates. Whenever we go outside everytime he take his family with us. He never talks to me or asks mr if I need anything. Even after coming from office he spends most of time on mobilr and watching tv. He didn't even take me to small trips, in last 2.5 year we haven't done any trips. He never tries to make me feel special. The worst part was i was alone every night during my pregnancy as hi was having night shifts at that time. When i cried infront of him that i need you tonight i am not feeling well, i am pregnant please be here with me, his answer was work is more important. Who is going to make money for our future and he left me crying at that day. I am feeling like i am the only one who is trying to keep this relationship alive. I am not getting what i expects from him. What to do in this situation.
Ans: I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing in your marriage. It sounds incredibly challenging and painful to feel unsupported and neglected, especially when you're putting so much effort into your relationship.

First, it's essential to acknowledge your feelings and needs. Reflect on what you truly desire from your marriage. What specific actions or behaviors do you need from your husband to feel loved and supported? Understanding your needs will help you communicate them more clearly.

When you're ready, find a calm and private moment to talk with your husband. Approach the conversation with the intention of expressing your feelings and needs without blaming or accusing him. You could say something like, "Over the past few years, I've been feeling very lonely and unsupported in our marriage. I know you work hard, and I appreciate that, but I also need emotional support and affection from you. It hurts when my needs are not acknowledged, and I feel like I'm the only one putting effort into our relationship."

Using "I" statements can help focus on your feelings without sounding accusatory, which can make your partner less defensive. For example, "I feel neglected when my emotional needs are not met," or "I feel hurt when you don't acknowledge my birthday or special occasions." This way, you're communicating your feelings without placing blame directly on him.

Be specific about what you need from him. Instead of making general statements, provide clear examples of what would make you feel better. For instance, you might say, "It would mean a lot to me if we could have some alone time, maybe go on a date once a month," or "I would love it if you could ask how my day was and really listen."

If talking to your husband directly doesn’t lead to any changes, consider seeking couples counseling. A therapist can provide a neutral space where both of you can express your feelings and work on improving your relationship. Counseling can help you both understand each other better and develop strategies to meet each other's needs more effectively.

Remember, it's crucial to take care of yourself during this process. Lean on friends or family for support, and consider speaking with a therapist on your own to help navigate these feelings and challenges. You deserve to feel loved, respected, and supported in your marriage, and it's important to advocate for your own well-being.

Ours is a middle class joint family and my sister is willing to go for MBBS (on payment seat) upon dropping 2 years consequently, with a low score, but now as I mentioned above she is willing to go for MBBS on payment, which is very costly. As ours is joint family all the children are studying along with us and the fee is disturbed by combining all our family income irrespective of the share from each brothers of my father, but now the real problem is my sister is urging like anything to go and my father is supporting her like anything even though my whole family is upset about this decision my father is not ready to realise our family conditions and stop encouraging my sister and turn her attention to different fields, so my question is what advice should I give to my father and sister about this???
Ans: I understand the complexity and emotional weight of your situation. In a middle-class joint family, making significant financial decisions, such as funding an expensive MBBS seat, can have a substantial impact on everyone. It's essential to approach this conversation with empathy, understanding, and clear communication.Then gently introduce the family’s financial situation. "However, our family finances are already stretched with everyone’s education costs. An expensive payment seat for MBBS might put a strain on our resources and affect the entire family."

Suggest exploring alternatives. "Could we consider other medical fields that might be more affordable or look into scholarships and financial aid options? I think it’s important to find a way that supports her dreams but also considers our family’s overall financial health."Start by acknowledging her efforts. "I know you’ve worked so hard and you’re passionate about becoming a doctor. I really respect your determination."

Share your concerns about the financial impact. "But I’m worried about the cost of the payment seat for MBBS. It’s very expensive and our family might struggle with it, impacting everyone’s education."

Encourage exploring other options. "Maybe we can look into less expensive medical schools, or even consider other healthcare careers that you might enjoy. We can also look for scholarships or financial aid. I believe in your dream, and I think we can find a way to achieve it without putting so much financial pressure on the family." Suggest a family meeting to discuss this openly. "Can we all sit down and talk about this together? It’s important for us to find a solution that supports her dream and also keeps our family financially stable."

By approaching the conversation with empathy, respect, and a focus on practical solutions, you can help your father and sister understand the need to balance individual aspirations with the family’s financial reality.

I am 45 yr old, with EPF of 45L, kids plan of 12L PPF of 18L, no housing loan and stocks of 70Lacs.. how do I plan for my retirement. My earnings are 3lac and want to retire by 50
Ans: Planning for Early Retirement: A Holistic Approach
Congratulations on your financial journey so far! Your decision to plan for early retirement at 50 is commendable. Let’s walk through a comprehensive strategy to ensure your retirement is both comfortable and secure.

Assessing Your Current Financial Health
You've laid a strong foundation with diverse investments. Here’s a summary of your assets:

EPF (Employee Provident Fund): Rs 45 lakh
Kids’ Education Plan: Rs 12 lakh
PPF (Public Provident Fund): Rs 18 lakh
Stocks: Rs 70 lakh
Being debt-free, especially without a housing loan, is a great position. It allows you to focus on building your wealth further.

Estimating Future Financial Needs
Estimating future expenses is crucial. Consider factors like inflation, healthcare costs, and potential lifestyle changes post-retirement. Currently, your earnings are Rs 3 lakh per month. Post-retirement, aim to replace at least 70% of this income to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. Calculate your expected monthly expenses and include a buffer for unexpected costs.

Diversification and Risk Management
Your investment diversification is commendable. However, it requires ongoing assessment. As you near retirement, transitioning from stocks to mutual funds can help mitigate risk. Mutual funds offer professional management and diversification, which can be particularly beneficial in volatile markets.

Transitioning from Stocks to Mutual Funds
Stocks can be volatile, especially as you approach retirement. Gradually shifting to mutual funds can help secure your retirement corpus. Mutual funds, especially actively managed ones, are overseen by experts who can adapt to market changes and aim for stable returns. This transition should be done gradually to balance growth and stability.

Maximizing Your EPF and PPF
EPF and PPF are pillars of your long-term savings due to their tax benefits and stable returns. Continue maximizing your contributions to these accounts. EPF provides security and steady growth, while PPF offers risk-free returns and tax benefits under Section 80C.

Enhancing Your Kids’ Education Fund
Your kids' education plan is at Rs 12 lakh, which is a good start. However, education costs are rising. Consider increasing this corpus. Invest in diversified funds with a moderate risk profile. Actively managed funds can be a good choice here, offering professional management and potential for higher returns.

Health Insurance: A Priority
Health expenses can significantly impact your retirement funds. Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage. Review your current policy and consider increasing the coverage to safeguard against rising medical costs.

Building an Emergency Fund
An emergency fund is essential. Aim to save at least 6 to 12 months' worth of living expenses. This fund should be easily accessible and will protect you against unforeseen expenses without disrupting your investment strategy.

Structuring Your Stock Portfolio
Your stock portfolio is substantial at Rs 70 lakh. Regularly review your holdings to ensure a balanced approach across different sectors and market capitalizations. As mentioned, gradually transition from direct stock investments to actively managed mutual funds. These funds benefit from professional expertise and research, offering potentially better risk-adjusted returns.

Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio. Ensure it aligns with your risk tolerance and retirement goals. Rebalancing helps capture gains and reduces exposure to underperforming assets.

Planning for Inflation
Inflation erodes purchasing power over time. Your retirement corpus must grow faster than inflation. Actively managed funds often outpace inflation and provide better real returns. Regularly update your financial plan to reflect current inflation rates.

Calculate the corpus needed for a comfortable retirement by considering life expectancy, inflation, and desired lifestyle. Use financial planning tools or consult a Certified Financial Planner to get accurate estimates. This will help in setting a clear savings target.

Creating a Withdrawal Strategy with SWP
Plan a systematic withdrawal strategy for your retirement funds to ensure a steady income stream while preserving your corpus. A Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) can be highly beneficial. SWP allows you to withdraw a fixed amount at regular intervals, providing a steady cash flow and tax efficiency. It also helps in managing market risks and ensures your corpus lasts longer.

Continuous Learning and Adaptation
Stay informed about financial markets and investment opportunities. Financial planning is dynamic. Adapt your strategy based on changing economic conditions and personal circumstances.

Retirement Goals and Dreams
Retirement is not just about financial security. It’s about achieving your dreams and enjoying life. Plan activities and goals you want to pursue post-retirement. Whether it’s travel, hobbies, or spending time with family, having clear goals will keep you motivated and focused.

Seeking Professional Guidance
While you are managing well, professional guidance can enhance your strategy. A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can provide personalized advice, considering your unique circumstances and goals. Regular consultations can keep your plan on track.

Effective tax planning can significantly impact your retirement corpus. Understand the tax implications of your investments. Opt for tax-efficient investments. Utilize all available tax benefits to maximize your savings.

Preparing for Market Volatility
Market volatility is inevitable. Prepare a strategy to handle market downturns. Diversify your investments and avoid panic selling. Long-term investment in actively managed funds can help navigate market fluctuations effectively.

Estate Planning
Ensure your estate planning is in order. Create a will and consider setting up trusts if necessary. This secures your assets and ensures your wishes are honored.

Maintaining Financial Discipline
Maintain financial discipline throughout your pre-retirement phase. Avoid unnecessary expenses and impulsive investments. Stick to your financial plan and review it periodically.

Your current financial health is robust. With careful planning and disciplined execution, you can achieve your goal of retiring by 50. Diversify, review, and adapt your investments. Focus on tax efficiency and inflation protection. Seek professional guidance when needed. Your dedication to securing a comfortable future is commendable. Continue on this path with confidence and clarity.