Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Jul 26, 2023

Aloke Question by Aloke on Jul 20, 2023Hindi

Is NIEF ranking is important for choosing Private universities? What are the other parameters to find a good university?

Ans: Hi Aloke, while NIRF rankings are government compliant and add significant credibility, we must also assess other factors before making a career choice. The decision to opt for a program should be aligned with individuals’ future goals that coincide with their professional as well as personal interests.

The first step is evaluating your requirement - you could be a full-time professional looking for a change or growth opportunities in the industry or a student aiming for a higher degree. And these would also influence your career aspirations and your willingness to pursue a certain subject or skill.

Secondly, choosing a program that is affiliated with renowned institutions or that has received accreditations from national or international bodies is important. The core lies in your choice of the institution that will provide quality education and placement opportunities for a ​p​progressive career ahead.

Thirdly, the financial aspect of the program will have a​ certain influence. We recommend weighing balances on the cost incurred from the program and its return on the value gained, before making the final call. The type of program, the institution offering the program, and its result quality, will fix the cost that is on-demand.

Fourthly, the time it takes to pay off your investment in online programs sometimes feels undulating. Placement opportunities from the institution which offers you the program become the crucial deciding factor in the selection of the right plan. A suitable choice in selecting the best online program will measure your discretion as to what your next career step will be to be a feather on the previously golden experience-cap, or as a kick-start opportunity scaling into the industry.

And lastly, the kind of placement/career opportunities the program offers that could help professionals transition in their careers, becomes critical in the decision-making process. With all the factors mentioned above, you can choose the best-suited online program for yourself, in any preferred choice of field. The selection process must be a fastidious one with a precise review of all the individual points in determining the conclusion.

Hi. I have a gold finance business and it's generates around 15%annum . I haven't done any SIPs in mutual funds .. We have PPF and Jeevan Anand Plans for the family ..Should I start SIPs at this moment when index is above 24000 and 80000 ?
Ans: You have a gold finance business generating 15% per annum.

You have investments in PPF and Jeevan Anand plans.

Investment in SIPs
Starting SIPs is advisable. They help in averaging out market volatility.

Don't worry about the index levels. SIPs work on the principle of Rupee Cost Averaging.

Surrender Jeevan Anand
Consider surrendering your Jeevan Anand plans. The returns are typically lower.

Reinvest the proceeds in mutual funds for better growth.

Actively managed funds offer professional management. They can outperform indices in different market conditions.

They have the potential for higher returns compared to index funds.

Index funds mimic the market. They can't outperform the index.

They don't adapt to changing market conditions.

Investing through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) offers guidance. CFPs help in selecting the right funds.

Regular funds also provide better customer service and support.

Diversification Benefits
SIPs in mutual funds diversify your portfolio. This reduces risk and enhances potential returns.

Starting SIPs is a smart move. It complements your existing investments.

Seek advice from a CFP for a balanced portfolio.

I am 51 now and want to retire now. What should be retirement corpus i need if my current monthly expenditure is 75000.
Ans: You want to retire now at 51. Your current monthly expenditure is Rs. 75,000. Let's determine the retirement corpus needed.

Inflation Consideration
Consider inflation, which will increase your expenses over time. Assuming an average inflation rate of 6%, expenses will double in about 12 years.

Longevity Planning
Plan for a retirement period of 30 years. This ensures you have enough funds even if you live longer.

Safe Withdrawal Rate
A safe withdrawal rate is around 4% per year. This helps preserve your capital while providing regular income.

Calculating the Corpus
To generate Rs. 75,000 monthly, you need Rs. 9 lakhs annually. With a 4% withdrawal rate, the corpus required is Rs. 2.25 crores.

Investing for Retirement
Invest in a mix of equity and debt funds. Actively managed funds provide better returns than index funds. Consult a Certified Financial Planner for tailored advice.

Healthcare and Emergencies
Set aside funds for healthcare and emergencies. Health insurance and an emergency fund are essential.

Reviewing and Adjusting
Regularly review your investments. Adjust them based on market conditions and personal needs.

A corpus of Rs. 2.25 crores should be adequate for your retirement. Focus on inflation, longevity, and a safe withdrawal rate. Invest wisely and review regularly.

Hi, i will retire at 60 years, i am 42 and my monthly income is 91k and i am expecting the monthly income to be at 2 lakhs. I live in own house. Need suggestion to have a secured retired life.
Ans: You are 42 and plan to retire at 60.

Your current monthly income is Rs 91,000.

You expect this to grow to Rs 2 lakhs.

Current Investments
You live in your own house, which is an asset.

However, don't rely on real estate for liquid investments.

To secure your retired life, diversify investments.

Invest in a mix of equity and debt mutual funds.

Equity funds provide high growth potential.

Consider large-cap, mid-cap, and flexi-cap funds.

These offer balanced risk and return.

Debt funds offer stability and moderate returns.

They are less risky than equity funds.

They ensure a steady income during retirement.

Start SIPs in both equity and debt mutual funds.

Invest a fixed amount monthly for disciplined saving.

SIPs help in rupee cost averaging and compounding.

Actively managed funds aim to beat the market.

Professional managers make strategic decisions.

They adapt to market changes better than index funds.

Avoid Direct Funds
Direct funds lack expert guidance.

Regular funds with CFP advice provide better returns.

Maintain an emergency fund of at least 6 months of expenses.

This ensures liquidity during unexpected events.

Ensure you have comprehensive health insurance.

This reduces medical expenses burden post-retirement.

Your current plan is on the right track.

Diversify your investments for balanced growth and stability.

Plan with a Certified Financial Planner for best results.

together me and my wife earn 95K a month, i am hardly able to save 5K a month from last 6 months which i am putting in Mutual Fund. i want to earn more, but not able to get clients to earn more. I have skills of building static websites and basic IT services, but i am still not able to earn more than my salary, worried about my child future financially. Help me Please!
Ans: You and your wife earn Rs. 95,000 a month. Saving Rs. 5,000 monthly for the last six months is a good start. You are concerned about your child's future.

Income Diversification
You have skills in building static websites and basic IT services. These can generate additional income. Let's explore how to enhance these skills and attract more clients.

Enhancing Your Skills
Consider learning advanced web development skills. Online courses and certifications can improve your skill set. Higher skills often lead to better-paying projects.

Networking and Marketing
Promote your services on social media. Join online forums and communities related to web development. Networking can help you find potential clients and build your reputation.

Creating a Portfolio
Build a portfolio showcasing your best work. A strong portfolio can attract clients. Include testimonials from satisfied customers.

Pricing Your Services
Research the market rates for web development. Price your services competitively. Offering quality work at a reasonable price can attract more clients.

Financial Planning
Review your monthly expenses. Look for areas where you can cut costs. Redirect these savings towards investments or skill development.

Investing Wisely
Continue investing in mutual funds. Actively managed funds offer better returns. Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized investment advice.

Child's Future
Start a dedicated savings plan for your child's education. Consider PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana for long-term growth. These options provide tax benefits and security.

Focus on enhancing your skills, networking, and marketing to increase your income. Review expenses to find additional savings. Invest wisely for long-term growth and security.

I am 28 years old. Have 3 lakhs in PF and 2 lakhs in PPF ,5 lakhs in Share and 2 Lakhs in mutual fund. My monthly salary is 1 lakhs could you please suggest me investment plans that will help me to create 1 crore corpse and buy a house in Mumbai.
Ans: You have Rs 3 lakhs in PF, Rs 2 lakhs in PPF.

You also have Rs 5 lakhs in shares and Rs 2 lakhs in mutual funds.

Your monthly salary is Rs 1 lakh.

Creating a Rs 1 Crore Corpus
Start a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in equity mutual funds.

Invest Rs 20,000 monthly in equity funds for high growth.

Consider a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and flexi-cap funds.

Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market.

Fund managers make strategic decisions for better returns.

They adapt to market changes more effectively than index funds.

Avoid Direct Funds
Direct funds lack professional management.

Regular funds with CFP guidance provide better returns.

Professional fund managers offer expertise and strategic insights.

Public Provident Fund (PPF) and Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
Continue contributing to PPF and EPF for tax benefits.

They offer safe and guaranteed returns.

Buying a House in Mumbai
Create a separate savings plan for the house.

Consider debt funds for moderate returns and low risk.

Avoid real estate investments to keep liquidity.

Your current portfolio is balanced.

Increase equity exposure for higher growth.

Plan your investments with a Certified Financial Planner for the best outcomes.

Dear Sir, I am 41 years old female. Single. Work in mumbai. Salary in hand 1.90lac pm ctc 30 lacs. Pay nominal rent of 20k. Have a flat in kolkata suburb. Loan due 5lacs ( 8.2k pm emi) and edu loan 3lacs( 10k emi) . Has cash deposit of 10lacs. Mutial 11lacs. Ppf 12 lacs. Lic 3. Ppf nsc 3lacs. Fd of 5lacs Pls guide me how can i plan retirement and good saving habit for future keeping my mid class comfy lifetsyle. I hv not bought car intentionally. To avoid too much maintennece cost and responsibility. Not in habit of buying costlh gadgets. But yes i travel a lot own on expense avg 10 15 k per month . Eat good fancy food . And yes have a good style for cloths so have moderate 10k expense on cloths restaurant food. 100% self dependnet. Kindly advise and guide to best of savings habit. Regards
Ans: You have a good salary and a stable financial position. Let's plan for retirement and improve savings habits while maintaining your lifestyle.

Assessing Monthly Expenses
Your monthly salary is Rs. 1.90 lakhs. Major expenses include:

Rent: Rs. 20,000

EMI for flat: Rs. 8,200

EMI for education loan: Rs. 10,000

Travel: Rs. 10,000 to 15,000

Clothes and food: Rs. 10,000

Existing Savings and Investments
Cash deposit: Rs. 10 lakhs

Mutual funds: Rs. 11 lakhs

PPF: Rs. 12 lakhs

LIC: Rs. 3 lakhs

NSC: Rs. 3 lakhs

FD: Rs. 5 lakhs

Establishing Financial Goals
You want to plan for retirement and develop good savings habits. Let's focus on maximizing returns and ensuring financial security.

Diversify Investments
Consider diversifying your investments. Actively managed mutual funds can provide higher returns. They are managed by professionals who adapt to market changes.

Increase Retirement Contributions
Increase contributions to PPF or NPS. These options provide tax benefits and long-term growth. Aim to contribute the maximum limit annually.

Maintain an emergency fund of six months' expenses. Your cash deposit of Rs. 10 lakhs can serve this purpose. It ensures financial security in case of unforeseen events.

Reduce Debt
Focus on paying off your education loan first. The EMI of Rs. 10,000 can be directed towards investments once the loan is cleared. This will free up cash flow and reduce financial stress.

Maintain a Balanced Lifestyle
You have moderate expenses on travel, food, and clothes. This is reasonable and contributes to your happiness. Maintain this balance while ensuring you save and invest wisely.

Seek Professional Advice
Consult a Certified Financial Planner. They can provide personalized advice and help you create a detailed financial plan. This ensures your goals are met effectively.

Your financial situation is strong, but optimizing investments is crucial. Diversify your portfolio, increase retirement contributions, and reduce debt. Maintain a balanced lifestyle while focusing on savings.

One of my friend's husband passed away recently, he had term plan of 1cr. So she got that money she has 3 young kids, she want to invest this amount so she can get some amount for her family expenses, and this investment remain intact. Her monthly expenses are about 25-30 thousand. She has no debt, owns her house, and gold of 3-4 lakh in form of jwellery. Is there any way so she can manage faimly?
Ans: Your friend can manage her family's expenses by investing the Rs. 1 crore wisely. Let's explore options to generate monthly income and keep the principal intact.

Investment in Safe Fixed-Income Options
She can invest in safe, fixed-income options like Senior Citizens Scheme and MIP of Post Office. These offer steady returns with low risk, ensuring her monthly expenses are covered.

Importance of Certified Financial Planner
Consulting a CFP can provide tailored advice. They can assess her financial needs and goals. This ensures her investments align with her family's requirements.

Consider investing in actively managed funds for higher returns. These funds are professionally managed and can adapt to market changes. This helps in achieving better growth and managing risks.

Creating a Balanced Investment Portfolio
A balanced investment portfolio can provide stability and growth. She can allocate a portion in safe fixed-income options and another in actively managed funds. This diversification ensures steady income and capital growth.

Evaluating Monthly Income Needs
With monthly expenses of Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 30,000, she needs to generate about Rs. 3.6 lakhs annually. Safe fixed-income options can cover this, while actively managed funds can provide growth.

Investing the Rs. 1 crore wisely can ensure her family's financial stability. Consider safe fixed-income options and actively managed funds. Consult a CFP for personalized investment strategies and balanced financial planning.

Dear Sir, I had retired from railways in Dec'23. I receive a regular monthly pension of Rs. 50000/- & Rs.9260/- as monthly dividend by investing Rs. 1500000/- in HDFC balanced advantage fund( IDCW). I have also invested Rs.3000000/- in ICICI Pru Multi-asset fund(G), Rs.1000000/- in SBI Multi Asset allocation fund(G) & Rs.2000000/- in SBI Amrit Kalash for 400 days. A considerable amount of Rs. 2500000/-(approx) is being spent for ongoing renovation work of my residence. I have a cash amount of Rs.1500000/-(approx) in SBI @ 7.30% interest which I wish to maintain as emergency fund. I'm entitled to railway medical facilities & I have a floating (With wife) health insurance of Rs. 1000000/- wef March'24. Is my investment plan ok? If not, please advise me the right plan to follow. Thank you.
Ans: Your retirement plan seems well-thought-out.

A regular pension and dividends provide stable income.

Balanced Advantage Fund
Investing in a balanced advantage fund is wise.

It offers stability and some growth.

Multi-Asset Funds
Multi-asset funds diversify your portfolio.

This reduces risk and offers moderate returns.

Fixed Deposit for Safety
Keeping funds in a fixed deposit is a good safety net.

It offers guaranteed returns.

Maintaining Rs 15 lakhs for emergencies is prudent.

It ensures liquidity in urgent situations.

Health Insurance Coverage
Railway medical facilities and health insurance provide good coverage.

This reduces your medical expense burden.

Renovation Expenses
Spending Rs 25 lakhs on renovation is considerable.

Ensure it doesn't impact your financial stability.

Suggestions for Improvement
Consider reallocating some funds to debt mutual funds.

These offer better returns than fixed deposits with moderate risk.

Avoid Direct Funds

Regular funds with CFP guidance are better for returns.

Actively Managed Funds Over Index Funds
Actively managed funds aim for higher returns.

Index funds only track market performance.

Your plan is largely sound and balanced.

Diversifying more into debt funds could enhance returns.

Continue monitoring and adjusting your portfolio as needed.

Sir, I am holding nearly 25 lakhs for an investment of 10lakhs in different mutual funds. I want to exit from some of the funds like UTI NIFTY 500 VALUE 50 INDEX FUND Regular The return on this fund is nearly hundred percent. Iam 78 years old. Wherever I have more than fifty percent return I would like to invest MIP OF POST OFFICE OR KISAAN VIKASH PATRAor SENIOR CITIZENS SCHEME.Only the profit part. Principal l will continue. Should I wait till the budget of act.Should linvst that amount in top 50 NSE.stocs. kindly treat the matter as urgent.
Ans: It's wise to exit funds like UTI NIFTY 500 VALUE 50 INDEX FUND with 100% returns. Shifting profits to safer options is a good move at your age. Let's evaluate suitable investment options.

Considering Safe Investment Options
Investing in MIP of Post Office, Kisan Vikas Patra, or Senior Citizens Scheme ensures safety. These options offer steady returns and low risk. They are ideal for preserving capital and generating regular income.

Consulting a CFP can provide tailored advice. They help assess your risk tolerance and financial goals. This ensures your investments align with your needs.

Evaluating Top 50 NSE Stocks
Investing in top 50 NSE stocks can offer growth potential. However, it carries higher risk compared to fixed income schemes. Given your age, balancing risk and safety is crucial.

Timing and Budget Considerations
Waiting until the budget can offer insights into tax benefits or new schemes. However, market conditions can change. Consult a CFP to decide the best time to invest based on your financial goals.

Instead of index funds, consider actively managed funds. They offer professional management and can adapt to market changes. This can lead to better returns and risk management.

Evaluating All Financial Aspects
Review your entire financial situation before deciding. Consider your expenses, other investments, and risk tolerance. Diversifying your portfolio ensures stability and growth.

Exiting high-return mutual funds and investing in safer options is prudent. Consider MIP, Kisan Vikas Patra, or Senior Citizens Scheme for safety. Consult a CFP for personalized advice and balanced investment strategies.