HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Nov 21, 2023

Anita Question by Anita on Sep 27, 2023Translate

Namaste sir,my son completed his btech in mechanical engineering in2017,he has completed diploma in aerospace manufacturing in 2018.But he was not placed anywhere .Now he was in a recruiter for an Indian company ,he worked there for7/8months , now he wants to be a HR ,in which he is very good at ,but the problem is he has a gap of 6years in his career.My question is how can he get a job for HR .He is doing courses in HR and labour law , please help

Ans: he should do a course in MBA hr to get a good job in hr field.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |58 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Aug 10, 2023

Hi Guru, My son has completed his MA in Economics with Statistics and Mathematics and without a job. Can you suggest the possible avenues or companies hiring persons with his qualifications
Ans: Hello Anil,

I'd be glad to help. With your son's background in Economics, Statistics, and Mathematics, he possesses a strong skill set that can be valuable in various industries. Here are some potential avenues and types of companies that often hire individuals with such qualifications:

Financial Institutions: Banks, investment firms, insurance companies, and other financial institutions frequently hire individuals with strong analytical and quantitative skills to work in roles such as data analysis, risk assessment, financial modeling, and market research.

Consulting Firms: Management, economic, and data consulting firms seek candidates with expertise in Economics and Statistics to provide insights into market trends, consumer behavior, and strategic decision-making for clients.

Government Agencies: Many government agencies hire economists and statisticians to analyze economic trends, develop policies, and conduct research on various socio-economic issues.

Technology Companies: Tech companies often require professionals with strong analytical skills to work in areas like data science, machine learning, and business analytics.

Market Research Firms: These firms need individuals who can analyze market data, consumer behavior, and industry trends to provide insights to their clients.

Academia and Research Institutes: If your son is inclined towards research and academia, he might consider pursuing a PhD and entering the world of academic research and teaching.

Multinational Corporations: Large corporations in various sectors hire economists and statisticians to analyze data, forecast market trends, and inform business strategies.

Healthcare Industry: Healthcare organizations may require individuals with strong analytical skills to analyze patient data, healthcare costs, and outcomes for research and policy-making purposes.

Non-profit Organizations: NGOs and non-profit organizations often need economists and statisticians to analyze data related to social issues and to inform policy recommendations.

Energy and Environmental Companies: These industries require professionals to assess the economic impact of energy policies, analyze environmental data, and support sustainable business practices.

To increase his chances of landing a suitable job, your son should consider networking, attending job fairs, and utilizing online job platforms. Tailoring his resume and cover letter to each specific job application is also crucial. He might also want to consider gaining relevant certifications or skills in data analysis tools like Python, R, or statistical software packages.

The job market is competitive, but with his qualifications, he is well-positioned to find a rewarding and intellectually stimulating role in a variety of industries.

Best regards,
Abhishek Shah
Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |58 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 03, 2023

Hi Abhishek, I have around 15 years of experience in HR generalist role. I have done my education in distance mode while I am on job. I started my career as data entry operator in HR and rose upto the level of manager in infrastructure industry from 2007 to 2020 from 2021 to 2022 nov I have worked in ITES US staffing firm. Due to health and personal issues I had to quit the job. From 2023 Jan onwards I am searching for job but of no use till date I am unemployed I have to pay EMI every month. I am unable to figure out why my profile is working in the market. Is it my education background which is hampering my chances or what I am unable to figure out. Can u please help me to understand and figure out how to come out of the situation to land in a job.
Ans: Hi Ramgopal,

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing in your job search. It's not uncommon for experienced professionals to encounter difficulties when re-entering the job market, and there could be several factors at play. Let's explore some potential reasons and strategies to overcome them:

Education Background: While you mentioned that you pursued your education through distance learning, it's essential to highlight your years of work experience. Many employers prioritize practical experience over formal education, especially in HR roles. Ensure that your resume and cover letter emphasize your extensive 15 years of experience and the skills you've gained during that time.

Resume and LinkedIn Profile: Make sure that your resume and LinkedIn profile are up-to-date, professional, and tailored to the roles you're applying for. Highlight your achievements, skills, and certifications relevant to HR or staffing.

Networking: Leverage your professional network. Reach out to former colleagues, supervisors, and contacts you've made during your career. Attend industry-specific events, conferences, and webinars to network and stay updated on industry trends.

Job Search Strategy: Be strategic in your job search. Target companies and roles that align with your experience and skills. Tailor your application to each job, emphasizing how your background makes you a strong candidate.

Skill Enhancement: Consider updating your skills to align with the current HR and ITES industry requirements. You may want to take online courses or certifications to boost your qualifications and demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional development.

Interview Preparation: If you're getting interviews but not job offers, work on your interview skills. Practice common HR interview questions and refine your responses. Focus on showcasing how your experience is an asset to potential employers.

Consult a Career Coach: Consider seeking guidance from a career coach or mentor who can provide personalized advice and help you identify areas for improvement.

Be Patient and Persistent: The job market can be competitive, and job searches can take time, especially when you've been out of work for a period. Stay persistent and keep applying to positions that match your skills and experience.

Financial Planning: Given your EMI commitments, it might be wise to revisit your budget and explore options for temporary or part-time work to help manage your financial obligations while continuing your job search.

Self-Care: Lastly, it's essential to take care of your health and personal issues. A healthy and balanced mindset can positively impact your job search efforts.

Remember that job searches can be challenging, and rejection is a part of the process. Stay resilient, keep refining your approach, and you'll increase your chances of landing a suitable role in the HR or ITES industry. If you encounter specific challenges along the way, consider seeking advice from professionals in your network or career experts.

Best regards,
Abhishek Shah

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Dec 07, 2023

Hai i am 58 and retired my wife expired 30 months back i had two daughters who are working and yet to be married. very frequently these days i get dreams where i feel i am lost on my journey to somewhere or i am simply attending an office without any proper work or in my dreams i get one of my uncle (who is no more now passed away 7 years back )and his family members with whom i stayed during my studies for six years 40 years back. can you please analyse
Ans: Dear P,
I am truly sorry for your loss...

I am not a dreams analyst or someone who interprets dreams. I can only make a few guesses from what you have shared and suggest something that will guide you to be more positive and happier.
Dreams are a manifestation of deep desires, fears, dark memories, happier memories...dreams basically can indicate what lies deep within the subconscious mind. It's possible from what you share that 'LOSING' your wife has triggered many more situations where you had lost someone or you fear that you might lose someone or something. Maybe that explains the dream of you going to office without paper work...

Losing someone dear is a very difficult journey and it can show up in different ways. The only way can process grief is through time and an understanding that nothing is permanent in life. It's a momentum of give and take, having and losing...Maybe if you are able to consciously adapt and accept this, over time your subconscious mind starts to change and adapt as well. Again, I will reiterate: You certainly will still miss the person and feel sad; it's just that you will start to miss differently as the acceptance will allow you to graciously be in a space of understanding. Difficult BUT Possible!
Also, practice the Art of Gratitude. Being thankful for every little thing, lets you be in a positive space allowing you to be at peace more often.

These are only suggestions from what I could gather from the information that you have shared and not an analysis or interpretation of your dreams.