Virender

Virender Kapoor  |28 Answers  |Ask -

Self-improvement Expert - Answered on Jan 29, 2023

Nishith Question by Nishith on Jan 28, 2023Hindi

Hello Sir, I would like to keep this post anonymous. I am 46 years old with experience in sales, admin, sales coordination and customer service. May I know some career change options without age bias, available here in India.

Ans: Nishith, I feel 46 years is neither young nor old. It could be a right age to start something of your own. Changing jobs is not advisable as market is a bit too shaky. If you already have a job, stick to it. India is on the roll and economy is doing well. startups are doing well. so go for it.

Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Mar 18, 2021

Hello Mayank,I am a commerce graduate and have around 15 years of experience in back office operations.I am currently working at the document management department in an oil and gas MNC at a designation equivalent to that of a senior clerk.I am nearing 40 and I will be losing my current job in the next few months.My problem is that I am searching for a new job since one year but not getting any interviews. I guess this is due to my age (I am 40 and still at the clerical level) and my salary (around Rs 50,000) which is a bit on higher side with respect to my designation in my city.I don't have the skillsets or attitude for a team leader or managerial position.At present, I am not in a financial and mental state to acquire new skill sets, learn new things or start new businesses which are obvious suggestions.I can't work in BPOs as they don't hire associates at this salary and particularly at this age. Besides, I am not comfortable working night shifts.Could you suggest some different solution to my problem as I have already figured out/tried the common ones.Thanks in advance.Name withheld on request.

Hi.

Your question has so many ‘I can't’ statements that you have yourself ruled out many feasible options.

Please remember that, in the job market, there are many more qualified people than there are decent jobs. So you will certainly need to change your mindset and be flexible to adapt and learn new skill sets.

Even Sachin Tendulkar had to adapt to T-20 to play the IPL!

Approach the situation with a positive mindset and things will work out for you.

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.