Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on May 05, 2023

Chitra Question by Chitra on Apr 10, 2023Hindi

Hello Sir/Madam Iam 35 years of age and pursuing Company Secretaries course since 2013 reached upto 75% and now I am in the finals.When I was in school I loved arts and studies both, and opted for the career of CS.But, because of some unavoidable issues couldn't clear the finals now Iam married since 2021,and very much confused whether to pursue CS or Arts as my love for both is equal and when I select arts I miss CS and when I select CS I miss arts.In school times I won many prizes in Arts and didn't took classes for any of the arts but won state level prize in writing and painting,and lost merit list in 12th Boards exam just because of 2marks.I was a good student too now I am really very much confused as I have no career at all,I am jobless since 2013, continuously trying for job but dont get any.Kindly guide me Iam in the state of delima.

Ans: With your CS almost coming to an end, it would be wise to finish it and get a job to start with. Once you are in a job, you can pursue your love for arts as a method of up skilling and eventually create a side-income for yourself

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.