Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Mar 27, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
Shubham Question by Shubham on Mar 27, 2023Hindi

Hello Harsh - I am 35 years old, senior business analyst and currently freelancing for the past 3 years (Upwork). In the past I have worked with Accenture and Deloitte. It's being good so far - I get to work with multiple clients, facing real time challenges. Biggest thing is the pay is good, I earned upto 50L last year. I could have never achieved this pay grade working with an MNC at the same position. However, the question I always ask myself is, is this sustainable? What if I suddenly stop receiving clients or what if recession strikes? I always have a sense of insecurity. The second part to the question is - what shall I pursue from here on to make sure I nullify this insecurity. I don't want to go back to the corporate job as I hate the whole setup. Please guide.

Ans: It's great to hear that you are enjoying freelancing and have been successful in earning a good income from it. However, it is natural to have concerns about the sustainability of your business and the potential impact of a recession. Here are some suggestions for addressing these concerns and planning for the future:

Diversify your client base: If you rely heavily on one or two clients for your income, it may be worth diversifying your client base to reduce your dependence on any single client. You can try reaching out to new clients, building your personal brand, and expanding your services to attract more business.

Build a network: Networking can be a powerful tool for freelancers. Attend industry events, join online communities, and connect with other freelancers in your field. These connections can provide you with potential clients, referrals, and valuable insights into industry trends.

Maintain a healthy financial buffer: It's always a good idea to have a financial buffer in case of unexpected events. Try to save some of your income each month and create an emergency fund that can cover at least six months of your living expenses.

Invest in your skills: As a business analyst, it's important to stay up-to-date with the latest tools, techniques, and trends in your field. Consider investing in training, courses, or certifications to enhance your skills and stay relevant.

Explore passive income streams: Consider exploring passive income streams such as creating an online course or writing a book. This can provide an additional source of income and help you diversify your business.

Remember, freelancing can be a great option, but it also requires a significant amount of self-motivation, discipline, and planning. By taking steps to diversify your client base, build a network, maintain financial stability, invest in your skills, and explore passive income streams, you can minimize the risk of insecurity and build a sustainable freelance business.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 17, 2023

Workplace Expert - Answered on May 25, 2024

Hello Sir, I am a 31 yr old female, from Mumbai I have been working in a small scale Indian firm as an accounts executive for the past 6 years. There is no growth and learning , I handle basic invoicing, clients ledgers, maintaining ledgers, Accounts reporting etc. I struggle with self confidence and low willingness. and there is added struggle in personal life too. Now at this point I feel stuck and helpless. I feel changing job and carrer would help me gain a bit of confidence. I think i should upskill myself, with data analysis cources such as SQL, Tableau, Python.. What would you suggest ? What would be a better roadmap for me to gain confidence in my career
Ans: Hello Maam

I am sorry to hear about your situation, I can feel your pain.

On the professional side, suggest you ask yourself what all skills you have and how you can enhance them...and then look out for firms through your network which offers better growth opportunities.

It's good to have IT skills, however many a times unless those IT skills are put to use on a daily basis you may lose them.

Suggest you take up some courses around your domain of accounts and finance. Some online courses.

On the personal front I am sure you will be able to sort things.

Fighting battles on both personal and professional front can be very challenging, suggest you take things a bit slowly and most important please be kind to yourself. At the end we are all humans with our own strength and weakness and it's important that we understand that.

I am sure you will come out of your current tough situation soon and your life will be filled with rainbow.

All the best.

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.