Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 19, 2023

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
Vipul Question by Vipul on Nov 17, 2023Hindi

My age is 45 and i an MBA - have total work experience of 19 yrs. Around 14 years in corporate company and 2 years with a MSME consulting company and since last 3 years i have working freelance as management consultant for MSME sector. currently i am finding it hard to get new clients and the earning is from consulting business is low as compared to what i used to earn. i am very confused as What should i do, i need to support my family currently - now i am finding is hard to find a good paying corporate job at this age.

Ans: 45 is not old in any way. If you upgrade yourself and remain relevant it's fine. Do financial planning through Mutual fund and quality stocks

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Feb 08, 2023

Hi Abhishek, Iam a mechanical engineer from Bangalore aged 49 years, during starting of my career, worked for 2 MNCs in Sales & Marketing, then started my own business and running it for last 20 years , but now due to unethical and unhealthy competitions in my field, iam not sure how iam going to continue in my business, iam good in technical learning, negotiations and strategies..plz advise me if i can look for a job suiting my background after such a long period of owning a business or can I get a freelance marketing job in industrial sectors? Iam also very good in technical and nontechnical content writing..iam very much in a confused state, plz help
Ans: Dear Harsha,

I understand your situation and the challenges you're facing in your business. It can be difficult and overwhelming to navigate the job market after a long period of running your own business, but there are options available to you.

Your background in sales and marketing, as well as your skills in technical learning, negotiations, and strategies, could be valuable assets in a variety of industries. You may want to consider looking for a full-time job in a sales or marketing role, or even in a related technical field. Additionally, with your skills in technical and non-technical writing, you may be able to find freelance work in marketing or content writing.

It's important to remember that no one job or career path is set in stone, and it's never too late to explore new opportunities. You may also want to consider seeking guidance from a career counselor or mentor, who can help you evaluate your skills and interests, and suggest potential career paths that align with your goals and strengths.

I hope this helps. Good luck, and stay positive!

Best regards,
Abhishek

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 17, 2023

Nitin

Nitin Sathe  |126 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Recruitment Expert - Answered on Jan 12, 2024

Hello Sir, I am 39 years old, married and have 10 years old daughter. I work in a BPO (Risk and Compliance Department) since I was 23. Since I was not ambitious during my college days and till now I have no goals, no aim, no passion, the current job I find it very boring. I am stucked at an Analyst level since last 17 years. Also, with lot of family issues at my home, my mind does not work openly and have stucked in the comfort zone. I am a hard working person but not smart working. My wife is a housewife and have no other income other than my job. I want to grow, do lots of hard working but due to lack of self confidence, I always have a fear to get at TL or Manager level. Also, I am not sure which industry I have interest in. It is only since 17 years, I am doing this job, I tell everybody that I am from a BPO sector. But I really want to earn more so that I can fulfill my family needs but please help me in which direction I should go and Howww? I know at the age of 40, I cannot start working in a new sector with no prior experience but really is it too late to change the sector? and if no, Please suggest me any industry where I can start from scratch, learn new things and can work with great interest and can grow myself.
Ans: I find your first few sentences very negative. Please get a hold of yourself and regain your lost confidence. To start from scratch at this stage is not advisable but one can branch off into related fields about which you know the best. Change your attitude, think positive and the solutions will come to you! Other than this is really cannot suggest anything specific since the information given is inadequate.

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on May 13, 2024

Hi, I'm 40 years old ,i have done BBA in finance and marketing. It's completed in 2006.i have experience of 5 year in retail and then I moved to foreign exchange company and worked for another 4-5 years in 2-3 companies.but I lost my job in corona time.and since then I'm working as a freelancer for the forex customers.also looking for jobs but couldn't get right job.i have responsibilities but I am not earning as I needed. Pls suggest me what should I do?
Ans: I understand this must be a frustrating situation. You have a strong educational background and experience, but the job market can be tough. Don't view freelance work as a gap in your employment history. Frame it as an opportunity where you leveraged your expertise to consult with clients. Quantify your achievements as a freelancer whenever possible (e.g., increased client base by X%, secured Y new contracts). The financial and marketing fields have likely evolved since your graduation in 2006. Consider taking online courses, certifications, or workshops to update your knowledge in areas like financial technology (FinTech), digital marketing, or social media marketing. These in-demand skills can make your resume more attractive to employers. Since you already have experience freelancing for forex clients, explore ways to expand your freelance offerings. Can you offer additional services like market research, competitor analysis, or content creation related to finance or foreign exchange? Don't limit yourself to just finance or forex roles. Consider marketing positions within financial institutions, wealth management firms, or fintech companies. Your marketing background could also be valuable in other industries like retail, healthcare, or technology. Remember, your age and experience are assets. Age is not a liability; hence, by highlighting your transferable skills, expanding your skillset, and utilizing a strategic job search approach, you can increase your chances of landing the right job.

I purchased an NSC in 2018 and paid tax every year for the interest on accrual basis. But it seems from last year, post offices are providing data to AIS on receipt basis, that is, whole amount of interest on maturity. What happens to the money I paid as taxes in previous years on the same basis? How do I adjust them? Please help as many people I now face this issue.
Ans: You're right! The tax treatment of NSC interest can be confusing. Here's what you need to know:

Good news: The taxes you've paid on the accrued interest in previous years are valid. You don't need to adjust them.

Why?

The Income Tax department in India treats interest earned on NSCs on an accrual basis, even though the interest is paid out at maturity. This means you were correct to pay taxes on the accrued interest every year.

What about the data mismatch with AIS?

The post office might now be reporting the entire interest on maturity to the Annual Information Statement (AIS). This can create a discrepancy.

How to handle it?

• You don't need to file any corrections for previous years.
• When filing your current year's return, consider the following:

1. If you consistently claimed the accrued interest as income in previous years, only report the interest for the final year (maturity year) in your current return. This avoids double taxation.
2. You can file feedback in the AIS portal mentioning that the interest for the previous years was already offered for tax purposes. This helps in clarifying the situation.

Additional tips:

• It's advisable to maintain records of your previous tax returns where you declared the accrued interest.
• If you have any concerns, consult a tax advisor for personalized guidance specific to your situation.

This is a common issue faced by many NSC holders. By following these steps, you can ensure your tax filing remains accurate.

Sir, We've observed that you tend to recommend institutions like VIT, which have a non-transparent category system (where you 'buy' your way up over other deserving students) over Manipal CSE at both the main campus and the Bangalore campus. You also seem to favor institutions such as RV (I am from RV and a Bangalorean for over 40 years) and BMS, which are no doubt good , but ranked lower than Main Manipal in their placements. Is there a particular reason for this bias against Manipal in your recommendations? Manipal Sikkim, we can understand. Please note, I do not have any family connections to Manipal nor We have anyone studying there. We are exploring fallback options including Manipal for our son in case he doesn't get his desired branch at BITS Pilani or NITs. If a reason as to why 'No Manipal' it'll be helpful for all. Thank you for your guidance.
Ans: Thanks for your feedback. Regarding Manipal, it is one of the top-ranked universities with good placements. I had clearly mentioned it is not suitable, only for SOME (not all) students due to some reasons and the feedback I got some from Manipal students on 'Non-Academic / Psychological' Factors. Psychological factors also play an important role for careers. There are students who are academically strong, but psychologically might be average or below. Regarding VIT, most of the parents'/candidates' questions do not specifically refer about the Category they got. If they clearly mention about the category, I reply accordingly that, to go for VIT only if they can afford the fees. I hope I have clarified your clarified your doubt. Thanks once again for your feedback and for reading my answers. All the BEST for Your Son's Bright Future.

Hello sir.. my son secured 96.07pecentile in JEE mains with a rank around 60k.. basis this he applied and now has a few offers from pvt colleges.. Just to add he has basic knowledge about AI/Python from his school, while he has also registered himself for IITM BS degree online course (this course he plans to keep doing with regular engg). I will be grateful for your guidance on below four pointers... 1. Will it be too much stress to carry on with the online (NPTEL) BS-degree course of IITM with regular full-time BTech? 2. He is getting Elec n Instru at Nirma in round 1.. how would you prefer this EIE branch, from future perspective or is too low placed compared to ECE at same univ. And also critical cons about Nirma UG courses! 3. He has offer for CSE (in round 1) from - JKLU, Jaipur; KJ Somaiya (KJSCE); Symbiosis (SIT); Mahindra Ecole. 4. Thapar, Patiala has offered Robotics in round-1, while we are awaiting results from Jaypee, Sastra and YMCA, Faridabad Please help decide for the best college considering ROI (I mean 25L at some colleges where CSE batch is 1400+) and his future career path. A faster response will help us decide soon, since I have blocked too much money also for the admission offers, which might become a tedious task at refund time! Thanks! Amit
Ans: Amit Sir, Please note (1) Regarding his online Course with NPTEL-IITM, it depends upon how he manages / utilizes his time after joining his BTech. If he manages his time well for both, he can. (2) Better to prefer ECE over E & I (3) Order of Preference: Sastra (Tanjore) | Jaypee | Symbiosis (Hope, out of these 3, you can finalize one) (4) ROI: Rate of Return depends only only upon the College your joins Sir, but also your son's self-motivation, dedication, his academic performance with co-curricular activities in College, Upgrading his skills in 4-years, having professional Linkedin Pofile & his preparation for Campus Interview. Sir, I hope I have clarified all your doubts. Any further clarification, you can raise here. All The Best for Your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad)’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

Hi Anu, I'm married since 5 years now and having loving In-Laws who are financially very well to do. My husband and I earn very less as compared to my in-laws, with whom we stay. My husband is 37 years old and earns 47000 INR a month, out of which he saves 35000 INR (in-laws have told him not to spend on house expense, but instead save). The rest 12000 INR he has for himself. I am also working and all my earning is with me. The problem is that he usually ends up spending almost all of the 12K. This angers me as I feel he should focus on saving as much as possible from that. We have an understanding among us that the expense for enjoyment will be borne by me as his major chunk is being saved for "Our" future. Am I wrong to be upset with his spending?
Are you wrong to be upset?
NO and YES...
NO; as you feel wronged that you are the one spending on enjoyment, so where does he spend 12K?
YES; as you have not conveyed it to him or the two of you have not spoken about it earlier. Have you discussed that he must save the 12K?
So, the key to any solid marriage is COMMUNICATION...Communicating your needs, wants, desires, values and aligning them to make the marriage work looking at the larger picture.

Simply have a frank conversation. For all you know, he may just understand where you are coming from; BUT if he wants to spend SOME OF his hard earned money on himself his way, kindly let it be. It's the pride of a man to be able to earn and spend without asking for anyone's permission. Do respect that...

Hi mam, My parents are very strict ones I tried to talk to them from last aug to November or December my father stoped talking to me and abused me with abusive words and my mother did not say anything she was in support to my parents, then I stopped some while , now parents are behaving normally like nothing happened and mother was asking is I forget about him i said no again and now I want to talk again about this issue but I don't how to start again I feel hesitation and i started panicking I feel so sad all the time I don't know what to do please help me . I love my parents and my partner very much , my partners parents were ready for us but now they are saying tell her to do talk to her parents fastly and ask if they are ready or not we will not wait for her , they are forcing him to marry someone else I'm so stressed all the time.
If you are an adult and my that I mean at an age where you can legally be married, then what is the confusion?
Also, is your partner is someone who values you and is also in a good financial position? (I say this only because many girls become blind in love without realizing that his income is the one that will support the family when you are ready to have a baby wherein there will be a small break in your career or you will have the flexibility to take a break).

What is the reason for your parents to say NO to this boy? I suggest that you address that concern otherwise no amount of talking is going to convince them. Request your partner to speak with his family so that can give you sometime to talk to your parents and sort things first. You are stressed all the time because instead of finding ways to solve the problem, you have been sitting with the problem and worrying about it.

Talk to your parents first, understand why don't like your partner and what must happen for them to start liking him. See where this talk leads you to...