Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Apr 17, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
Asked by Anonymous - Apr 12, 2023Translate

Hi, I am currently 60+ and would like to take retirement from my current job, though there is no defined retirement age policy in our company. I am currently engaged with Private Limited company, where I am on the Board of Directors, and holding approx 8% stock. My key functional responsibility is to oversee company's sales in the domestic market. By background and experience, I am a sales & marketing professional with around 40 years industry experience, dealing with engineering, IT and hi-tech products. I am gradually losing interest in routine work, and now wish to do something different altogether, which I can drive well at this age, that would bring more fulfuilment. What would you suggest?

Ans: As an experienced sales and marketing professional with over 40 years of industry expertise, you have a wealth of knowledge and skills that can benefit others in a variety of ways.
One potential avenue for you to explore could be transitioning into a consulting or mentoring role, where you can utilize your expertise to guide and advise other professionals, startups, or businesses. With your extensive background in engineering, IT, and hi-tech products, you could provide valuable insights and strategies to help others achieve success in these fields.
Another option could be to leverage your skills and experience to support non-profit organizations or social causes that align with your values. You could use your sales and marketing expertise to help promote and fundraise for these organizations, or even volunteer your time to assist with their operations.
In addition, you could consider pursuing continuing education opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills in areas that interest you. This could include enrolling in courses or pursuing a degree program in a new field, such as business administration, social entrepreneurship, or sustainability.
Finally, you may also want to explore opportunities to pursue a hobby or passion that you've always wanted to explore. This can be a great way to stay engaged and fulfilled, while also pursuing something that brings you joy.
Overall, there are many avenues for you to consider as you transition into retirement and explore new opportunities. By leveraging your skills and experience, pursuing continuing education, and exploring new interests, you can continue to grow both professionally and personally in the years ahead.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations