Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |140 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 12, 2023

hetal Question by hetal on Apr 03, 2023Hindi

my son will complete his Diploma in IT in June 2023. in there anyway he can go Canada for further study on work permit and study graduation ?

Ans: Hello Hetal
Yes your son can go for further study to Canada. Post study he can get work permit. Once he complete his one year of experience he can apply for permanent visa for Canada.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 17, 2023

Sir, my son has just completed his 12 class in commerce stream. We wish to send him abroad for studies and permanent settlement there. Our focus is on Canada. Please guide us and tell us the valuable diploma courses in good colleges and fee structure and other costs. Also advise if we send him after the graduation.
Ans: Hello Lakhbinder,

Thank you for contacting us. It can be a thrilling opportunity to send your son to study and live permanently overseas. Owing to its excellent educational system and friendly culture, Canada is a popular choice for overseas students. You can plan by following the advice provided here:

1. Certificate Programs: In Canada, "community colleges" or "colleges of applied arts and technology" are where diploma courses are commonly offered. These colleges offer education that is both practical and career-focused. A few worthwhile diploma programs in the area of commerce include: Business Administration, Marketing Management, Supply Chain Management, International Business, Human Resource Management, Accounting and Finance.

2. Good Colleges: Numerous reputable colleges in Canada offer diploma programs and Bachelors. Several well-known organisations with programs in commerce include: Humber College, George Brown College, Seneca College, Sheridan College, Centennial College. Making an educated choice, however, requires thorough research and comparison of colleges based on their program offers, standing, professors, and campus amenities.

3. Fee Structure and Additional Costs: Depending on the institution, program, and location, the price structure and other charges may change. In general, tuition costs for international students will be greater than for domestic students. The typical yearly tuition costs for overseas students in Canada, as of the cutoff date in September 2021, range from CAD 15,000 to CAD 35,000, depending on the program and institution. Depending on the city and lifestyle, a person's annual living costs—which include housing, food, transportation, and healthcare—can range from CAD 10,000 to CAD 15,000.

4. Graduation vs. Diploma Courses: If your son has just finished his 12th grade, he might think about enrolling in a diploma program right away. In Canada, diploma programs are intended to give students specialised knowledge and skills for particular professions. But if you'd prefer that your son continue his education, he can earn his graduation (Bachelor's degree) in Commerce in India before looking into opportunities for postgraduate study in Canada, such as Post Graduation Diploma Program or a Master's or MBA.

It's important to take into account aspects like eligibility requirements, visa procedures, scholarship or financial aid choices, and employment opportunities both during and after studies when making the decision to send your son to Canada.

For the most recent information and advice on immigration laws, study permits, and settlement procedures, it is also advised to speak with an educational advisor or get in touch with the Canadian embassy or consulate.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 16, 2024

My son doing CTVS course. I want to know what are the higher studies available in india or abroad?
Ans: Hello EZHIL,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that your son is studying Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery (CTVS) course. You would be glad to know that studying overseas can expose your son to other methods and viewpoints in the domain of cardiothoracic and vascular surgery (CTVS), in turn, providing him with a comprehensive education. Concerning your query, I would like to let you know that we only deal with overseas education and therefore, would only be able to suggest certain possibilities for higher education overseas.

Master of Science (MS) or Master of Surgery (MCh) programs in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery are offered by a number of foreign universities. Thorough instruction in both theoretical knowledge and practical abilities are offered by these programs. Next coming to fellowship programs, a number of prestigious medical institutions provide CTVS fellowship programs. Specialized training across a broad range of cardiothoracic and vascular surgery topics, including minimally invasive procedures, transplantation, and paediatric heart surgery are offered by these programs. Pursuing a Ph.D. in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery (CTVS) can be a desirable choice for individuals who are passionate about academics and research. With an emphasis on cutting-edge research approaches, these programs enable students to make innovative research contributions to the field. Electives or short-term observerships at prestigious medical facilities overseas can also be looked into by your son. These opportunities enable students to network with professionals in the area as well as provide practical exposure to cutting-edge surgical techniques. Coming to conferences and workshops, I would suggest that he participates in international seminars and conferences related to vascular and cardiothoracic surgery. These meetings provide chances to learn, hone skills, as well as connect with international experts.

I would recommend that your son conducts an extensive study taking into account variables viz., the syllabus, experience of the faculty members, possibilities for research, and opportunities for clinical exposure prior to selecting a university and program. Not just that, make sure the program you have chosen fulfills all accreditation requirements as well as resonates with your son's professional objectives.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |87 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Career Expert - Answered on Jul 24, 2024

My son studying in Dual degree Btech + Mtech ELectrical & Electronics Engineering at JNTU hyderabad and BS in DSA online IITM. He is offered 5 yr mtech CSE at Mahindra University hyd. He is intrested in IT. Looking at his intrest can i change the college now.
Ans: Ultimately, the decision should be based on what aligns best with his interests and career aspirations. If he is passionate about IT and computer science, switching to the MTech CSE program at Mahindra University could be a great move. However, it’s important to weigh all factors and make an informed decision.

Have an open conversation with your son about his interests, career goals, and how he feels about the potential switch.
In addition speak with academic advisors at both JNTU Hyderabad and Mahindra University to understand the curriculum, opportunities, and any potential challenges. you can evaluate Long-Term Goals by Consider the long-term career prospects and how each program aligns with his goals.

If your son is more interested in IT and computer science, the MTech CSE program will be more aligned with his career goals, a specialized degree in CSE can open up more opportunities in the IT sector, including roles in software development, data science, and cybersecurity.

Switching programs and colleges can be challenging and might require some adjustment time. Consider how far along he is in his current dual degree program. If he’s already made significant progress, it might be worth weighing the benefits of completing it versus starting anew.

I am 30 years now, starting SIP from 2021 Asix small cap 1000, from 2023,November HDFC flexi cap 1500, Kotak emerging mid - 1000 tata small cap 1000 p. m.. As a long term horizon 15:yrs, is it possible to create great wealth, except Stocks...
Ans: Evaluating Your Current Investment Strategy
You are 30 years old and have been investing in SIPs since 2021. Your current SIPs are:

Small Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from 2021
Flexi Cap Fund: Rs. 1,500 from November 2023
Mid Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from November 2023
Another Small Cap Fund: Rs. 1,000 from November 2023
You have a long-term investment horizon of 15 years.

Potential for Wealth Creation
Investing in mutual funds over a long term can potentially create great wealth.

Compounding Effect: Over 15 years, compounding can significantly grow your investments.

Market Ups and Downs: Long-term investments help you ride out market volatility.

Analyzing Your Investment Choices
Your portfolio focuses on small cap and mid cap funds. These funds are high-risk but offer high returns.

High Growth Potential: Small cap and mid cap funds can outperform large caps in the long term.

Risk Diversification: Including a flexi cap fund helps diversify your investments.

Recommendations for a Balanced Portfolio
To maximize wealth and manage risk, consider further diversification.

Large Cap Funds: Provide stability and steady returns.

Debt Funds: Lower risk and provide regular income, balancing out high-risk investments.

Suggested Monthly SIP Allocation
To balance risk and growth, consider this allocation:

Small Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Flexi Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,500
Mid Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Another Small Cap Fund: Continue Rs. 1,000
Large Cap Fund: Add Rs. 1,500
Debt Fund: Add Rs. 1,000
Benefits of This Diversified Approach
Risk Management: Reduces overall risk by balancing high-risk and low-risk funds.

Stable Returns: Large cap and debt funds provide stability, especially during market downturns.

Growth Potential: Small cap and mid cap funds offer high growth potential over the long term.

Monitoring and Reviewing Your Portfolio
Regularly monitor and review your portfolio to ensure it aligns with your financial goals.

Periodic Review: Assess fund performance and make necessary adjustments.

Consult a CFP: Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner for personalized investment strategies.

Additional Considerations
Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund to cover at least 6 months of expenses.

Insurance Coverage: Ensure you have adequate health and life insurance.

Your current SIP strategy is promising for long-term wealth creation. By diversifying further into large cap and debt funds, you can manage risk and ensure steady growth. Regularly review your portfolio and consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice.

I am working in a foreign bank 10 years exp with salary of 40k.have two kids.i pay monthly emi for car,rest for savings and expenses.pls suggest how to do investment.0 idea on investment.plz help
Ans: You have a stable salary of Rs 40,000 per month. Here's a quick summary:

Salary: Rs 40,000
EMI: Monthly car loan EMI
Expenses: For family and kids
Savings: Whatever is left after expenses and EMI
You are looking to invest wisely. Let's break it down into simple steps.

Setting Clear Financial Goals

First, create an emergency fund.
This should cover 6 months of expenses.
Keep this in a savings account or liquid fund.
Children’s Education:

Start a systematic investment plan (SIP) for each child.
This will help build a corpus for their education.
Retirement Planning:

Aim to save for your retirement.
Start investing in diversified equity mutual funds.
Systematic Investment Plans (SIP):

Start SIPs in actively managed mutual funds.
Avoid index funds due to their passive nature.
Actively managed funds can offer better returns with professional management.
Diversification:

Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.
This will spread risk and improve returns.
Debt Funds:

Allocate some money to debt funds for stability.
They are less volatile and provide steady returns.
Life Insurance:

Ensure you have adequate life insurance.
This protects your family in case of any unforeseen events.
Specific Recommendations
Start with SIPs:

Allocate Rs 5,000 each in large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds.
This ensures diversification and growth.

Set aside Rs 5,000 monthly in a liquid fund.
This builds your emergency fund gradually.
Children’s Education Fund:

Invest Rs 5,000 each in child-specific funds.
This secures their future education needs.
Avoid Direct Funds:

Direct funds lack professional guidance.
Regular funds through an MFD with CFP credential provide better management.
Regular Review and Adjustment
Annual Review:

Review your investments annually.
Adjust based on performance and goals.
Rebalance Portfolio:

Rebalance to maintain desired asset allocation.
This helps manage risk and returns.
Additional Tips
Avoid High-Risk Investments:

Stick to mutual funds and avoid real estate or annuities.
These are more stable and manageable.
Stay Informed:

Read about personal finance and investment strategies.
This helps make informed decisions.
You have a solid start with your savings. By following these steps, you can secure your financial future and achieve your goals. Stay disciplined and regularly review your investments.

Aasif Ahmed Khan

Aasif Ahmed Khan   |87 Answers  |Ask -

Hi, I'm a PCMB student,I got 84023 rank in kcet in engineering section and 49655 in b pharma, 45205 in bsc agriculture, I'm confused whether to take engineering, which are the good colleges for my rank, I'm considering east point college near avalahalli, Hoskote is it good choice for me, or should I choose BCA over engineering in the same college. I'm totally confused
Ans: With a KCET rank of 84023, you might find it challenging to get into the top-tier engineering colleges. However, there are still good options available.

Choosing between BCA and Engineering depends on your interests and career goals:
Engineering: If you have a strong interest in technical subjects and enjoy problem-solving, engineering could be a good fit. It offers diverse career opportunities in various fields like mechanical, electrical, civil, and computer science.
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications): If you’re more inclined towards computer science and software development, BCA might be a better choice. It focuses on programming, software development, and IT management, leading to careers in software engineering, IT consulting, and more.

Given your ranks in B.Pharm (49655) and B.Sc Agriculture (45205), you might have better opportunities in these fields compared to engineering. Both fields have promising career prospects:
B.Pharm: Careers in pharmaceuticals, research, and healthcare.
B.Sc Agriculture: Opportunities in agribusiness, research, and government sectors.

Reflect on what subjects and career paths excite you the most, if possible, visit the colleges you’re considering to get a better understanding of their environment and facilities. Reach out to alumni or current students to get insights into the college and its programs.