Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Sep 13, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Asked by Anonymous - Aug 26, 2023Hindi

My son after 10+2 in 2022 ( commerce 84% + math add with 74% ) want to pursue diploma ( course ) of 2 year in Canada,ielts band overall 6---5.5 in one module---it is possible for him to go there, kindly suggest me ….Thx

First and foremost, thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, students after 10+2 are eligible to apply for 2 year diploma courses in Canada. Yes your son can apply with overall 6.0 bands with one section 5.5 in IELTS, we have institutions which accept similar scores. Meanwhile if he wishes to reappear for an English proficiency test, at Edwise we do provide coaching for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE as well. I would request you to get in touch with your nearest Edwise branch or provide us your details so our expert team will connect with you in order to guide you further. Thank you!

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 17, 2023

Sir, my son has just completed his 12 class in commerce stream. We wish to send him abroad for studies and permanent settlement there. Our focus is on Canada. Please guide us and tell us the valuable diploma courses in good colleges and fee structure and other costs. Also advise if we send him after the graduation.
Ans: Hello Lakhbinder,

Thank you for contacting us. It can be a thrilling opportunity to send your son to study and live permanently overseas. Owing to its excellent educational system and friendly culture, Canada is a popular choice for overseas students. You can plan by following the advice provided here:

1. Certificate Programs: In Canada, "community colleges" or "colleges of applied arts and technology" are where diploma courses are commonly offered. These colleges offer education that is both practical and career-focused. A few worthwhile diploma programs in the area of commerce include: Business Administration, Marketing Management, Supply Chain Management, International Business, Human Resource Management, Accounting and Finance.

2. Good Colleges: Numerous reputable colleges in Canada offer diploma programs and Bachelors. Several well-known organisations with programs in commerce include: Humber College, George Brown College, Seneca College, Sheridan College, Centennial College. Making an educated choice, however, requires thorough research and comparison of colleges based on their program offers, standing, professors, and campus amenities.

3. Fee Structure and Additional Costs: Depending on the institution, program, and location, the price structure and other charges may change. In general, tuition costs for international students will be greater than for domestic students. The typical yearly tuition costs for overseas students in Canada, as of the cutoff date in September 2021, range from CAD 15,000 to CAD 35,000, depending on the program and institution. Depending on the city and lifestyle, a person's annual living costs—which include housing, food, transportation, and healthcare—can range from CAD 10,000 to CAD 15,000.

4. Graduation vs. Diploma Courses: If your son has just finished his 12th grade, he might think about enrolling in a diploma program right away. In Canada, diploma programs are intended to give students specialised knowledge and skills for particular professions. But if you'd prefer that your son continue his education, he can earn his graduation (Bachelor's degree) in Commerce in India before looking into opportunities for postgraduate study in Canada, such as Post Graduation Diploma Program or a Master's or MBA.

It's important to take into account aspects like eligibility requirements, visa procedures, scholarship or financial aid choices, and employment opportunities both during and after studies when making the decision to send your son to Canada.

For the most recent information and advice on immigration laws, study permits, and settlement procedures, it is also advised to speak with an educational advisor or get in touch with the Canadian embassy or consulate.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 11, 2023

Son studying in last year B Tech computer. At present upto 3rd year CGPA is 9.15. Interested to study Masters in Data Science or AI ML in Canada in Ontario. Suggest courses and university.
Ans: Hello Rajender,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am glad to hear about your son’s plans on pursuing his Master's in Data Science or AI/ML in Ontario, Canada. One of the most sought-after study abroad destinations, Canada experiences the influx of a large number of international students each year. Ontario, on the other hand is home to a number of outstanding universities that provide programs in the fields of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning. I would suggest that you son considers the following Canadian universities and courses:

The University of Waterloo offers a Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (MDSAI) degree that emphasizes on Artificial Intelligence as well as Data Science. The Master of Management Analytics program at Queen’s University concentrates on the use of analytics in professional environments. This degree is best suited for jobs in Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). At Carleton University in Ottawa, your son can pursue Master’s of Computer Science along with a specialized program in Data Science. The Master of Science in Computer Science with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence (AI) is offered at McGill University situated in Montreal, Quebec. Your son can also consider pursuing Master of Science in Applied Computing at the University of Toronto. This degree, with a strong emphasis on the theory and applied components of computer science allows one to specialize in ML and Data Mining. Situated in Vancouver, British Columbia, and not in Ontario, the University of British Columbia offers students the Master of Data Science program to pursue. This degree offers an all-round data science education.

I would recommend that you son conducts an extensive study on the curriculum of the above mentioned programs, as well as takes into account the admission prerequisites, faculty expertise, and available research possibilities when selecting universities. He should also consider any recent alterations or updates in admission requirements.

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.