IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA, CS Exam Expert - Answered on May 12, 2023

Mayank Chandel has over 18 years of experience coaching and training students for various exams like IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA and CS.
Besides coaching students for entrance exams, he also guides Class 10 and 12 students about career options in engineering, medicine and the vocational sciences.
His interest in coaching students led him to launch the firm, CareerStreets.
Chandan Question by Chandan on May 10, 2023Hindi

My son is in class X , CBSE board will will appear board next year .He is good in physics, chemistry and english... average in biology, but doesn't like maths and getting around 50-55% marks in marks since last 2 years. What subject combination you suggest for him in XI considering he will pursue for science stream

Ans: Hello Chandan,
If you don't want math, the you are only left with Phy, Chem, Bio.

Praseeja

Praseeja Nambiar  |32 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counselling Expert - Answered on Apr 26, 2023

My nephew has appeared for class 10 exam from CBSE this year. He wanted to pursue research and be a scientist but is now confused about his stream. He is good at math, analytical skills but doesn't like biology. Should he opt for science or commerce? Would CA or commerce be a good option for him?
Ans: Thank you for the question. In my understanding, your nephew enjoys Physics and chemistry. Research in these areas can also be taken. We dont need to take biology as a subject he he does not enjoy studying that subject.
If his science scores are consistently high and he likes exploring newer areas of learning, research can be a very good avenue. Since you say that his analytical skills is good and he is good at math too, you can look at computing sciences, applied mathematics, data sciences and Design engineering. Please note, computing sciences is slightly different than computer science. Applied math and Big Data is an upcoming area of study and with good analytical skills, he should be able to do that.
Research can be done in any area. One must understand that research is "finding, critiquing, analysing sources of information and rationalising to investigate a particular scenario". Now this can be done in any field - from history to molecular genetics.

Based on the information you have shared here, I wold suggest he keeps his science options open and opts for PCMC in his 11th and 12th. He can focus on building his analytical skills by participating in high school research groups and learn ways to investigate data.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024