Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |140 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Feb 06, 2023

Is CA good career or should I also do ICWA/ACS etc along side>

CA is good career to pursue and you need not to do ICWA.

Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Jun 10, 2024

Hey mayank I will be giving ca foundation soon But I have heard a lot of negative things about the ca course which I indirectly found true Can you guide what manner I should pursue And what career switch are available in future with this stream I want to make career in finance . I am 17 would appreciate your guidance Thanks.
Ans: Hi, CA is a great career path to pursue, and I'm glad you're thinking ahead about your career. While it is good to be aware of the challenges associated with the CA course, it also helps you make a clear decision and prepare accordingly. Yes, CA is a tough exam to crack, requires a long-term commitment and consistent effort. However, you should reflect on your interests and long-term career goals. Ensure that a career in finance aligns with your passion and vision for the future.

Additionally you should also:
Research and learn more about the various roles and opportunities available to CAs. This will help you understand if these align with your career aspirations.
Talk to current CAs and industry professionals to get a realistic understanding of the career path. This will provide insights into the daily responsibilities and challenges faced by CAs. This should help you gain the clarity you require.

Furthermore, it is good to have a plan B as well. CA qualification provides a solid foundation to move into various other fields:
MBA in Finance: Many CAs pursue an MBA to pivot towards higher managerial roles or specialised finance roles.
CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst): Specialising further in investment management.
Data Analytics: Leveraging your financial knowledge in data science and analytics roles through instant skill-up courses
Law: Some CAs also pursue law degrees to specialize in corporate law, taxation law, or financial regulations.
Teaching and Academia: Sharing your knowledge by becoming a lecturer or professor in finance and accounting.

By addressing these challenges with a strategic and well-informed approach, you can better prepare for your future.
All the best to you :)

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.