Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 29, 2024

Shekhar Kumar is an HR, talent, and client acquisition leader at Star Engicon Private Limited (SEPL). He has 18 years of expertise in the search and placement of executive leadership talent across various industries.
He has also mentored middle and senior management professionals for leadership positions and guided them in career development.
Rakendu Question by Rakendu on Apr 29, 2024Hindi

I am 62 years old healthy person having more then 30 years experience in commercial field I want a job. Is it is possible to get job anywhere in this age.

Ans: Yes, it is possible to find employment opportunities at any age, including 62 years old. While some employers may have preferences for younger candidates, many organizations value the experience, wisdom, and expertise that mature professionals bring to the table. Leverage your professional network and connections to explore job opportunities, gather insights, and seek referrals. Attend industry events, networking mixers, and professional association meetings to expand your network and connect with potential employers or recruiters. Be open to flexible work arrangements, such as part-time roles, consulting opportunities, contract work, or project-based assignments. Many companies are willing to hire experienced professionals on a flexible basis to leverage their expertise without committing to full-time employment. Research companies or industries that value and prioritize experienced professionals. Look for organizations known for their inclusive workplace cultures, diversity initiatives, and appreciation of older workers' contributions. Customize your job search approach to align with your career goals, preferences, and lifestyle. Focus on opportunities that match your skills, interests, and desired work environment, whether it's a small business, a nonprofit organization, or a corporate enterprise. Approach your job search with confidence, positivity, and enthusiasm. Highlight your unique strengths, accomplishments, and value proposition to prospective employers, and convey your eagerness to contribute and make a difference in a new role.

Remember that finding a job at any age requires persistence, patience, and resilience. Stay proactive, adaptable, and open-minded throughout your job search journey, and remain optimistic about the opportunities that lie ahead. With determination and effort, you can find a fulfilling job that aligns with your skills, experience, and career aspirations, even at 62 years old.