HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Oct 30, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Srikanth Question by Srikanth on Oct 29, 2023Translate

Hi, I am 38 yrs old, and aspiring data scientist but don’t have relevant experience in it. I want to start my career in this data science field. Due to age gap, career gap, and irrelevant job experience, I am not getting responses from companies, to whom I applied. I want to work as data scientist, want to know if any work from home (WFH) jobs available (due to family issues, I preferred WFH Jobs). Plz guide me

Ans: Dear Srikanth,
The WFH concept is diminishing day by day. Most of the companies have withdrawn their complete WFH model and are now operating on a hybrid mode. You have to be open for a job which is performed from office.
For you Data Scientist job, please keep looking for it in a consistent manner and I am sure that you will definitely get one.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Aug 08, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Jul 20, 2023Translate
Sir I have quit the job in April 2023 for a surgery and to take rest for some time . I am 43 yrs old .Can I get new work from hom job . Are there any geniune sites providing work from home .please suggest

I understand your situation, and I'm here to help. Taking a break for surgery and rest is important for your well-being. It's great that you're considering a work-from-home job as it can offer flexibility and convenience, especially given your circumstances.

At 43 years old, you certainly have valuable experience and skills that can be applied to various remote job opportunities. Many companies offer work-from-home positions across a wide range of industries, from customer service and administrative roles to writing, design, programming, and more. Some established job search platforms and websites can help you find legitimate work-from-home opportunities.

Here are a few reliable websites where you can start your search for remote jobs:

FlexJobs: This platform specializes in curating remote and flexible job listings, including part-time and freelance positions. They screen and verify job postings to ensure they are legitimate.

Remote.co: Remote.co features a variety of remote job listings and provides insights into remote work culture and best practices.

We Work Remotely: This website lists remote jobs in fields like development, customer support, marketing, and design.

LinkedIn: Utilize LinkedIn's job search function to filter for remote or work-from-home positions. Your network and professional connections can also be helpful in finding opportunities.

Indeed: Indeed allows you to search for remote jobs by using the "Remote" filter in your search criteria.

Upwork: If you're open to freelancing, Upwork is a popular platform where you can offer your skills and services to clients looking for remote assistance.

When looking for remote work, it's important to be cautious and do your due diligence. Be wary of any job postings that promise excessive earnings with minimal effort or ask for upfront fees. Legitimate employers will not require you to pay to apply for a job.

Before applying to any job, thoroughly research the company, read reviews, and ensure their contact information is readily available. When communicating with potential employers, ask questions about the job role, responsibilities, expectations, and payment structure.

Remember that finding the right remote job might take some time, but with patience and persistence, you can certainly find opportunities that align with your skills and preferences.

Best of luck with your job search, and I hope your recovery goes smoothly.