HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Dec 22, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 30, 2023Hindi

I am 23 . Its 2 years that i finshed my college , i feel lost in life , No experience, i Worked in a startup. Now dont know whats next

Ans: I understand that you are feeling lost after finishing college and working in a startup for two years without any experience. It’s natural to feel this way, but there are many things you can do to find your path. Here are some suggestions:

Reflect on your interests and passions: Take some time to think about what you enjoy doing and what you’re passionate about. This can help you identify potential career paths that align with your interests.

Explore different career options: Research different career options that interest you and learn more about the skills and qualifications required for those roles. You can also consider taking online courses or attending workshops to develop new skills.

Network with professionals in your field: Reach out to professionals in your field of interest and ask them about their career paths. You can also ask for advice on how to get started in the industry.

Gain experience through internships or volunteering: Consider taking on internships or volunteering opportunities to gain experience and build your resume. This can also help you make connections in your field of interest.

Consider further education: If you’re interested in pursuing a specific career path that requires additional education, consider going back to school to gain the necessary qualifications.

Remember, it’s never too late to find your path. Take some time to reflect on your interests and passions, explore different career options, and gain experience through internships or volunteering.

Archana

Archana Deshpande  |45 Answers  |Ask -

Image Coach, Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Apr 25, 2024

Hi, Im a 23 year old mechanical engineering graduate, currently unemployed, I am feeling to do some progress everyday, but day after day, nothing changes, I cant figure out what to do with this life and feeling very much lost, Cant think properly on doing what changes my life?
Ans: Hello!!

This information you have shared is not enough to understand what is that you are exactly wanting right now.
Let me see how I can help you. First of all extend your arm and pat yourself on the back for completing your engineering. You are a mechanical engineer!! Celebrate the fact and feel good about yourself.

I like the fact where you say "I am currently, unemployed", this can change soon, look out for opportunities, keep attending interviews, prepare well, ask for help, give it your best shot. Treat every failure as part of a learning process in becoming better next time. Surround yourself with positive and encouraging people.

Till you find a job, live life well on a day to day basis-
1. wake up early
2. exercise
3. eat well and sleep well
4. dress well at home too, don't be in your pyjamas, you should be in such a state that if someone asks you to come for an interview right away, you must be ready
5. beware of negative self talk... nip negative thoughts in the bud
6. looking for a job is your full time job, keep looking
7. be helpful around the house if you are living with your parents
8. till you find a job keep learning and building on your skills
9. volunteer to teach and help the less fortunate lot
10. do not sit idle, keep your body and mind active

Constantly invest in activities that ensure your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well being!! Have rituals that focus on these four pillars of your life!

Blessings and all the very best!!