Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on Feb 16, 2023

S.Rajaram Question by S.Rajaram on Feb 15, 2023Translate

Which is the best mf tax saver for senior citizens

Ans: Hi S. Rajaram. As per the research of Investica below funds are rated highly
IDFC, Quant, Canara robbeco

Thanks

Tejas

Tejas Chokshi  |126 Answers  |Ask -

Tax Expert - Answered on Jul 15, 2023

Hi Sir. What would be best investment for Senior Citizen less than 75 years age, with good tax savings option. Please suggest.
Ans: When considering investment options for senior citizens under the age of 75 with good tax savings options, there are a few options worth considering:

Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): This government-backed scheme is specifically designed for senior citizens and offers attractive interest rates. Investments in SCSS are eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 1.5 lakh per financial year.

Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY): This scheme is offered by Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and provides regular pension income to senior citizens. It offers a higher interest rate than other fixed-income instruments. PMVVY offers tax benefits on the pension received, and the investment amount is eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C.

Tax-saving Fixed Deposits (FDs): Many banks offer tax-saving FDs with a lock-in period of five years. The interest earned is taxable, but the investment amount is eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C.

National Savings Certificates (NSC): NSCs are issued by the Indian government and offer a fixed interest rate. The interest accrued is eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C. However, the interest earned is taxable.

Tax-saving Mutual Funds (ELSS): Equity Linked Saving Schemes (ELSS) are diversified mutual funds that invest primarily in equities. They offer the potential for higher returns over the long term. ELSS investments are eligible for tax deductions under Section 80C, up to a maximum limit of Rs. 1.5 lakh per financial year. However, please note that ELSS investments are subject to market risks.

It is important to consider your risk appetite, financial goals, and investment horizon before making any investment decisions. I would recommend consulting with a financial advisor who can assess your specific circumstances and provide personalized investment advice based on your needs.
Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |57 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Hello Sir, Don't disclose my name, I am working in boarding school from last 2 year's, last year principal changed and he is giving lot of work (harassing staff ) so around 50% of staff left the school. he is not appointing new staff also. hardly 2-3 staff he has appointed. In my department 3 staff ware there now I am alone, he is not appointing any one, so I am alone handling all the classes. he has increased the work also. So I decided to leave the work and I got the work also. I have sent my resignation letter through mail. In my appointment letter they have mentioned “During the probation period your service may be terminated by ONE MONTH NOTICE on “either side or Salary in lieu of notice” and The relieving date in all circumstances will not be earlier than the last day of the academic year unless the school terminates. if you are working on any assignment when you tender your resignation such assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the school before your services will be released. As allocation of subject teaching is a duty allocated for the academic year the reliving date will not be earlier than the last date of the academic year in which the resignation is tender. The school does not encourage mid term session dis continuation of services. School academic year will ends in April. At the time of appointment they have taken all my original certificates. But when I sent my resignation with one month notice period they replied as per your request, you will be relived after the completion of required formalities and work as per service rules. But, yet they are not mentioning what are the work to complete. After one month notice period immediately I have to join my new job. otherwise i will miss my opportunity. orally simply they are extending my date. At present they have extended 15 days after my last day of my notice period. kindly guide me how to solve the problem, get back my originals and join my new job smoothly. Regards
Ans: Please consult a lawyer