Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Jun 08, 2021

Kalyan Question by Kalyan on Jun 08, 2021Hindi

I have the following question.

I am just retired from Private Sector (no pension), with PF amount with me (around Rs 80 Lac). Please suggest how to invest the same so that I get some monthly amount to run my family. Also, let me know if any MF is there where I get regular return.

Ans: Invest Rs. 20 lakhs each in below 4 funds and do a SWP of not more than 7.5% of the corpus i.e. upto Rs. 50000 per month i.e Rs. 12500 from each of the 4 funds

1. HDFC banking and PSU Fund – Growth
  2. ICICI Pru Corporate bond Fund – Growth
  3. Edelweiss Balanced Advantage Fund – Growth
  4. Union Balanced Advantage Fund – Growth

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 14, 2023Hindi
Sir, I just retired from my service @60yrs. I will get my PF+other fund ₹50L. Please advice how to invest the amount so that my principal not disputed and I can get ₹30,000 pm for my monthly expenses. My family of 2 persons are covered ₹50L health insurance. Regards
Ans: Considering your age and your requirement, you will need to invest in a mix of debt and equity instruments. Here are some investment options available to you:-

• Senior Citizens’ Savings Scheme (SCSS) – This is a pure debt instruments and provides guaranteed returns of 8.2% per annum. The interest is paid quarterly. The maximum amount that you can invest is Rs. 30 Lakhs.

• Corporate FDs – It provides you return more than the regular bank FDs. It contains two options i.e. cumulative and non-cumulative.

• Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS): This is another government-backed scheme that offers guaranteed monthly income. The current interest rate is 7.1%.

• Debt Mutual Funds: As your main concern is to protect the principal amount you may consider debt funds and monthly income can be achieved through the route of SWP (systematic withdrawal plan).

• Equity mutual funds: Equity mutual funds offer the highest potential returns, but they are also the riskiest. A small portion of the amount can be invested in the equity mutual funds for growth of the money in the long-term horizon.

It is good to know that you are adequately insured for any healthcare emergency.

Your requirement of Rs. 30,000 will be changing in the future due to inflation, hence you should consult with your financial advisor for a proper increasing income or SWP (systematic withdrawal plan) which can help you to ensure sufficient amount available for your monthly expenses.

I am 45 years old and I have NPS of INR 19000 pr month, PF of INR 34000 per month, PPF of INr 10000 p er month and SSY of 10000 each per month for both of my daughters. I can invest another 20000 per month. Please advise how I can invest to generate the good return?
Ans: At 45, you're taking proactive steps to secure your financial future through various investment avenues. Let's explore how you can further optimize your portfolio to generate good returns and achieve your financial goals.

Assessing Your Current Investments

Before making additional investments, assess your existing portfolio to understand its composition, risk profile, and alignment with your financial objectives. Evaluate the performance of your NPS, PF, PPF, and SSY investments to identify areas for potential enhancement.

Identifying Investment Goals

Define your investment goals and time horizon to guide your asset allocation and investment strategy. Whether it's retirement planning, children's education, wealth accumulation, or other financial objectives, clarity on your goals will inform your investment decisions.

Optimizing Asset Allocation

Diversify your investment portfolio across different asset classes to mitigate risk and optimize returns. Consider allocating your additional 20,000 per month across equity, debt, and other investment avenues based on your risk tolerance and investment horizon.

Equity Investments for Growth

Given your relatively young age and long-term investment horizon, consider allocating a portion of your additional funds to equity investments for potential capital appreciation. Equity mutual funds or exchange-traded funds (ETFs) offer diversified exposure to the stock market and can generate higher returns over the long term.

Debt Instruments for Stability

Balance your portfolio with investments in debt instruments such as fixed deposits, bonds, or debt mutual funds to provide stability and income generation. Debt investments offer lower volatility and serve as a hedge against market downturns, ensuring a more balanced and resilient portfolio.

Exploring Tax-Efficient Options

Maximize tax benefits by investing in tax-efficient instruments such as Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS) for equity exposure, and Public Provident Fund (PPF) for debt allocation. These instruments offer tax deductions under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, enhancing your overall tax efficiency.

Regular Monitoring and Rebalancing

Regularly review your investment portfolio to assess performance, rebalance asset allocations, and make necessary adjustments based on changing market conditions or personal circumstances. Periodic portfolio reviews ensure your investments remain aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance.

Seeking Professional Guidance

Consider consulting with a Certified Financial Planner to develop a comprehensive investment plan tailored to your specific needs and goals. A financial advisor can provide personalized guidance, investment recommendations, and ongoing support to optimize your investment portfolio for long-term growth and financial security.

With a strategic approach and diversified portfolio, you're well-positioned to generate good returns and achieve your financial aspirations over the long term.