Home > Money > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Anil Rego  |346 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 07, 2023

Anil Rego is the founder of Right Horizons, a financial and wealth management firm. He has 20 years of experience in the field of personal finance.
He’s an expert in income tax and wealth management.
He has completed his CFA/MBA from the ICFAI Business School.... more
Asked by Anonymous - Feb 22, 2023Hindi

Our house is in the name of my father and mother and i am only the child.My mother died in 1998 and my father in 2022. My father had made registered will whereby i am the beneficiary and executor. I stay in Maharashtra and got property tax transmitted in my name. Do I need to go to sub registrar office and get sale deed transmitted in my name ( or my name and my wife name) or not needed. We have two daughter . Myself and my wife will be making registered will .if i do not get property transferred in my name or myself and wife name will my daughters face any problem after we both die.

Ans: It is always better to get the property transmitted in your name with registration at the registrar's office. This will avoid difficulties for your family.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information to be as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Moneywize   |124 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Jan 22, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 21, 2024Hindi
I am male, 38 and my sister 32. Both are married. Our property in Ahmedabad was in my both parents' name(Each 50% share). My father died in 2020. He wrote an unregistered will in my name. How do I get flat transferred in my name. Is there any way to transfer flat in my name as well as in my sister's name?
Ans: It's essential to consult with a legal professional to get accurate advice tailored to your specific situation and the laws applicable in India.

Here are some general steps and considerations:

Probate of Will:

If your father left a will, the first step would typically be to probate the will. Probate is a legal process where the court validates the will and gives legal authority to the executor (you, in this case) to distribute the assets according to the terms of the will. Unregistered wills can also be probated, but the process may vary.

Legal Assistance:

Consult with a lawyer who specialises in property and inheritance laws. They can guide you through the specific steps and requirements for probating an unregistered will and transferring the property.

Transfer of Ownership:

Once the will is probated, the legal process for transferring the property into your name and your sister's name can begin. This may involve updating the property records and obtaining a new title deed.

Inheritance Laws:

Be aware of any local inheritance laws that may affect the distribution of property. In some cases, there may be legal provisions for the surviving spouse or other heirs.

Mutual Agreement:

If you and your sister both agree on the distribution as per your father's will, the process may be smoother. You might consider a family settlement deed or another legal document to formalise the agreement.

Update Property Records:

Ensure that the property records are updated with the appropriate authorities, reflecting the change in ownership. This may involve submitting the probated will and other necessary documents.

Tax Implications:

Consider any tax implications associated with the transfer of property. In some cases, there may be stamp duty or other taxes involved.

Legal Heir Certificate:

Obtain a legal heir certificate if required, as it may be necessary for certain legal procedures related to inheritance.

Remember, the specific steps and requirements can vary, and it's crucial to seek professional legal advice to ensure a smooth and legally valid transfer of the property.

Consult with a good lawyer who can guide you through the process based on the laws applicable in India.

..Read more

Latest Questions
Nayagam P

Nayagam P P  |2230 Answers  |Ask -

Career Counsellor - Answered on Jul 21, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Jul 20, 2024Hindi
Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.

...Read more

DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds