Shuthaakharan Question by Shuthaakharan on Dec 01, 2023Hindi

Good morning sir,I had two sons one son age is 26 he invest sip 3000 monthly who working software professional,his net salary 26000/his retirement age 55,I like 1lakh pension at the time, another my age is 63 I invest sip 9000 monthly already 4lakhs in my sip at the age of 70 what amount I get,my wife is govt employe her net salary 95000/she purchase gold this gold investment is good or suggest good one.

Ans: Ask your son to increase SIP. Since when are you investing in SIP ? Gold is good if she wants to use it by way of ornaments otherwise ask her to do SIP

Hi, i am 42 years old 2 children 7 and 11 yrs each. earning currently 2 lakh net. I planning to create a retirement plan. I have done some investments but have never planned with specific goals so far. I intend to grow my money as much possible. And i am willing to take few risks, like i have started doing derivatives in options ( only nifty and I am not doing intra day). Please advice if my investment are reasonable and what are the other options i have to invest. Here are my assets and liability Land at current value : 70 lakhs Gold at current value : 21 lakhs Fixed Deposit : 10 lakhs PF balance : 11 lakhs Sukanya samridhi (annual1.5lakh) : 20 lakh Ppf for son ( annual 1.5 lakh): 14 lakh Direct equity ( 6 lakh invested) : current value : 17 lakhs Mutual Funds Franklin templeton tax saver growth( sip 4000) : 12 lakh Pp flexi cap growth(Sip 2000): 77 thousand Newly started Sip Quant small cap (sip 1000) Edelweiss momemtum (SIP) Liability ( car loan) : 20 lakhs
Ans: Given your age, income, and willingness to take risks, you have a decent mix of assets, but there are areas to focus on for a balanced retirement plan:

Assets:
Your assets are well-diversified with real estate, gold, fixed deposits, and various investment instruments like PF, Sukanya Samriddhi, PPF, direct equity, and mutual funds. However, your direct equity and derivatives trading can be volatile; ensure they align with your risk appetite.

Liabilities:
The car loan is a liability that can impact your monthly cash flow. Consider paying it off sooner to reduce interest costs and free up monthly income.

Suggestions:

Increase Equity Exposure: As you're willing to take risks, consider increasing exposure to equity mutual funds and direct equity investments.

Review Derivatives Trading: Be cautious with options trading due to its speculative nature. Ensure it doesn't dominate your portfolio.

Emergency Fund: Build a separate emergency fund to cover 6-12 months of expenses.

Health and Life Insurance: Ensure you have adequate health and life insurance coverage to protect your family's financial future.

Retirement Corpus: Calculate the required corpus for retirement based on your desired lifestyle post-retirement. Use a retirement calculator to estimate the monthly contributions needed to achieve this goal.

Diversify Investments: Explore other investment avenues like debt funds, international funds, to further diversify your portfolio and manage risks better.

hi sir : my son doing job since two year monthly earning is 60 K. but his saving is nil. pl. advice where to invest
Ans: It's great that your son has started earning, and it's essential to guide him on saving and investing for the future. Here's a step-by-step investment plan tailored for him:

Emergency Fund: Start by building an emergency fund equivalent to 3-6 months of expenses. This fund should be easily accessible, like a savings account or a liquid fund.
Debt Repayment: If he has any high-interest debts like credit card bills or personal loans, it's wise to clear those first to avoid paying hefty interest.
Investment Options:
Equity Mutual Funds: For long-term wealth creation, he can start SIPs in diversified equity funds. A mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds can provide growth.
PPF (Public Provident Fund): A tax-efficient and safe option for long-term savings with a lock-in period of 15 years.
NPS (National Pension System): A retirement-focused investment with tax benefits, offering a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities.
Term Insurance: Since he's working, consider getting a term insurance plan to ensure financial security for his dependents.
Health Insurance: A comprehensive health insurance plan to cover medical emergencies can provide financial security and tax benefits.
Budgeting and Savings: Encourage him to create a monthly budget to track expenses and identify areas to save. Automating investments through SIPs can also help in disciplined saving.
Financial Education: Educate him about the importance of financial planning, saving, and investing. Encourage him to read books or attend workshops on personal finance.
Starting early with disciplined saving and investing can help him build a substantial corpus over time. Encourage him to consult a financial advisor for personalized guidance tailored to his financial goals and risk tolerance.

Hi Anil, I am 43 years old. I have a monthly sip of 35k going on. I have started investing in mutual fund and sip from year 2013. Total mutual fund plus sip current market value is 1 core 9 lakhs . I plan to invest 35 k per month more for 7 to 8 years , when i want to leave job and do something else. Can you tell me what will be my corpus in 7 to 8 years down the line taking both current valution plus what i am going to continue investing?Also, i have another 1 corore total in other investment like Voluntary provident fund, Epf, ppf and esops from my company and pension fund . Here i do a monthly investment of around 80 k via mostly through company for tax savings. So what will be my total corpus after 7 to 8 yrs. Also, is it good for retirement considering my current monthly expense us 1 lakh.
Ans: To estimate your corpus after 7 to 8 years, let's assume an average annual return on your mutual fund SIPs at 10-12% and a similar return on your other investments.

For Mutual Funds:

Future Value of Current Investments: Using the future value formula, considering an average return of 10-12%, your current 1.09 crore can grow to approximately 2.2 - 2.5 crores in 7-8 years.
Future Value of Additional SIPs: Investing 35k per month for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 50 - 60 lakhs from SIPs alone.
For Other Investments:

Future Value of Current Investments: Assuming an average annual return of 10-12%, your current 1 crore can grow to approximately 2 - 2.4 crores.
Future Value of Additional Investments: With 80k monthly investments for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 1.5 - 1.8 crores.
Total Corpus After 7-8 Years: Combining both, your total corpus could range from 5.2 - 6.2 crores.

Retirement Planning:
Considering your monthly expense is 1 lakh, with a corpus of 5.2 - 6.2 crores, you can generate approximately 40-50k per month (assuming a 7-8% withdrawal rate) post-retirement. This should be sufficient considering your current expenses, but inflation and unforeseen expenses should also be considered.

It's advisable to consult a financial advisor for a detailed plan tailored to your needs, considering inflation, tax implications, and other factors.

Hello, I want to invest 10 lac INR for a long term investment. I need suggestion on the following, i understand to invest in the form of SIP. But want to get a suggestion on where should I invest this 10-20 lac first and then invest as an SIP over 1-2 years or even 3 years as per your suggestion. As currently lying in Savings account which doesnt yield more. Secondly I would need a help on good portfolio of funds for long term (10 years or above) for my retirement/younger child's education.
Ans: For long-term investments of 10-20 lakhs, you can consider the following approach:

Initial Lump Sum Investment:

Liquid Funds: Park a portion in liquid funds to earn better returns than a savings account while maintaining liquidity.
Short-term Debt Funds: Allocate to short-term debt funds for stability and moderate returns.
Long-Term SIP Portfolio:

Diversified Equity Funds: Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap equity funds through SIPs for growth potential.
Balanced Funds: Opt for balanced funds or aggressive hybrid funds for a blend of equity and debt, suitable for long-term wealth creation.
Child Education: Start a separate SIP in a child education-focused fund to ensure funds are available when needed.
Sample Portfolio for Long Term:

Large Cap Equity Fund: 30%
Mid Cap Equity Fund: 20%
Multi Cap Equity Fund: 25%
Balanced/Aggressive Hybrid Fund: 15%
Child Education Fund: 10%
Adjust the allocation based on your risk tolerance and financial goals. Regularly review and rebalance the portfolio to maintain desired asset allocation. Consulting a financial advisor can help create a personalized investment plan tailored to your needs and goals.