Asked by Anonymous - Jul 11, 2023Translate

My father passed away last year.He had way back in 2000 invested money in mutual funds. After his death i got the mutual funds transferred in my name. there are few mutual funds for which i am receiving payout which is credited to my saving account and i will add this amount to my total income and pay relevant income tax. There are few mutual funds where as i understand the dividend received is converted into units and added to the existing units is this taxable or i have to pay tax only when i redeem the mutual fund. IF it is to taxed than how do i find the dividend received for each mutual fund . Thanking you in advance

Ans: If it is growth fund, and the value is appreciating, then no need to pay tax now. Taxability will arise only on withdrawal.

If the fund is in the dividend reinvestment option, then for the dividends reinvested also, you need to pay tax.