kanchan Question by kanchan on Apr 22, 2024Hindi

I am 32 years old and i wanted to plan for my retirement. Currently i am investing 2500 in parag flexi cap, 2200 in motilal Oswal S & P index fund, 2000 both in quant small cap and axis small cap. I have stopped navi 50 index (as it was overlapping 70% with parag flexi cap) and DSP midcap nifty 150 quality 50 index fund. I wanted to invest around 5k more and will request your assistance in suggesting 2 or 3 mutual funds for around 20-24 years more.

Ans: Given your current investments and a 20-24 year horizon for retirement, diversification and long-term growth should be your focus. Consider adding a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and international funds to your portfolio for broad market exposure and risk mitigation.

Large-cap Fund: This can provide stability and consistent returns over the long term.
International or Global Fund: To tap into global markets and diversify geographically.
Multi-cap or Diversified Equity Fund: To benefit from flexibility across market caps and sectors.
Remember, while selecting funds, consider factors like fund performance, expense ratio, and fund manager's track record. Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to stay aligned with your retirement goals and risk tolerance.

Hello Sir, my age is 28yrs and I am investing in Mutual funds for last 6 years now. As of now I have monthly SIP of 2k in PPFAS Flexi cap fund and 2.5k in Mirae Asset Large and Midcap fund. I want to invest more 12k-15k per month. I want to invest these for my retirement corpus and I am open to take risks in Smallcap, Midcap, Thematic funds, etc.. Kindly suggest good funds to invest in. Is it good to invest in schemes of Quant Fund house.
Ans: Since you're open to taking risks and have a long investment horizon for your retirement corpus, investing in small-cap, mid-cap, and thematic funds can potentially offer higher returns over the long term. Here are some suggestions for funds to consider:

Small-cap Funds: These funds invest in stocks of small-sized companies with high growth potential. Consider reputable funds with a consistent track record of performance in this category.
Mid-cap Funds: Mid-cap funds focus on stocks of medium-sized companies, offering a balance of growth potential and risk. Look for funds managed by experienced fund managers with a strong track record.
Thematic Funds: Thematic funds invest in sectors or themes expected to perform well over time. Choose themes aligned with your investment objectives and outlook for future growth.
Regarding Quant Fund House, while they may offer innovative investment strategies, it's essential to conduct thorough research on their fund offerings, track record, and investment approach. Ensure they align with your risk profile and long-term goals before investing.

Lastly, consider diversifying your investments across multiple funds and asset classes to spread risk and maximize potential returns. Regularly review your portfolio and make adjustments as needed to stay aligned with your investment objectives. Consulting with a Certified Financial Planner can provide personalized advice tailored to your specific financial situation and goals.