Financial Planner - Answered on May 16, 2024

I am 25 and earning 41k a month. My monthly expenses are 19k and I save around 22k a month. I have started investing in mutual funds and investing 12k/month. My financial goal is to have a corpus of 4-5 Cr at the time of my retirement. Would like to retire at 55. Should I consider investing in NPS? Please advise.

Ans: Increase your SIP in mutual funds as with current investment of SIP you will be able to make 2.25 to 2.5 crore

I am 24 yrs old currently earning roughly around 1.09 lakhs per month, I have around 1.4 lakhs in PF, 1 lakh in each stocks and mutual funds. Currently have SIP of 14k ( 2k in Parag Parikh flexi cap, 2k in Groww nifty total market, 2k in icici prudential nifty 50 index, 2k in dsp mukti assert allocation , 2k in sbi contra, 2k in Tata nifty mid cap 150 momentum 50 index, 2k in HDFC mid cap opportunity). I have a HL running with 16k emi and a gold scheme monthly deposit of 20k. Also an RD of 20k for savings and emergency funds FD of 2 lakhs. My monthly expenses are around 10-15k. Should I invest in NPS or not as I am not comfortable with blocking period . Also any suggestions related to MF or investment are welcomed.
Ans: It's impressive to see your proactive approach to financial planning at such a young age. With a healthy income and diverse investments, you're laying a strong foundation for your future. Your current SIPs reflect a balanced approach, diversifying across various market segments.

Regarding NPS, it's understandable that the lock-in period may not align with your comfort level. While NPS offers tax benefits and retirement planning advantages, it's essential to choose investment avenues that resonate with your financial goals and preferences.

Considering your financial situation and goals, a Certified Financial Planner can help streamline your investments and align them more closely with your aspirations. They can guide you on optimizing your portfolio, considering factors like risk tolerance, time horizon, and liquidity needs.

Remember, financial planning is a dynamic process. As you progress in your career and life, your goals and priorities may evolve. Regular reviews and adjustments to your investment strategy can help you stay on track. Keep up the good work, and best wishes for your financial journey ahead!

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024