Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |885 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Jun 12, 2024

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan has been practising for 30 years.
She specialises in general medicine, child development and senior citizen care.
A graduate from Madurai Medical College, she has DNB training in paediatrics and a postgraduate degree in developmental neurology.
She has trained in Tai chi, eurythmy, Bothmer gymnastics, spacial dynamics and yoga.

Hello Ma'am,. I am 37 years old and have High menstruation requiring 5 to 6 pad changes a day in the initial 3 days. It is also slightly clotted. Is this normal at this age and do I have do do any tests, if yes which? Also I have High mood swings , anxiety and irritation during the initial 10 days before start of menustation. There are no hot flushes or night sweats. Kindly guide.

Ans: These are Premenstrual symptoms which are grouped as PMS. Understand the physiology of Menstrual cycle in a woman
Preovulatory, ovulatory and premenstrual or post ovulatory, different hormones influence the body and mind. A woman is in the upbeat, more outward and cheerful in the first half before ovulation. She become more receptive and ready to listen during the time of ovulation and post that, she is more reflective and internalising certain processes.
If one closely follows the rhythm and give adequate time and space for this premenstrual phase and not meet targets, not going outward will help to sort out these symptoms. Along with this, adequate hydration, appropriate timely meals will support too

Dr Archana

Dr Archana Bajaj  | Answer  |Ask -

Gynaecologist, Obstetrician, IVF Expert - Answered on Apr 05, 2023

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024