Nidhi

Nidhi Gupta  |161 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on Dec 04, 2023

Nidhi Bajaj Gupta has 20 years of experience as a physiotherapist.
She founded the Merahki Holistic Wellness Company in 2011 and is the co-founder of Miraaya Holistic Growth Centre.
She has a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy from Sancheti Institute for Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pune, and certifications in myofascial release, dry needling and craniosacral therapy from New York, San Francisco and Singapore.
Subhash Question by Subhash on Nov 28, 2023Hindi

Hello Ave been suffering from lumbar lordosis from April May 2023 L2 L3 L4 L5 spine gaps Disc bulges Please suggest

Ans: Hello Subash,
It is best you go to a Mckenzie certified physiotherapist. They will evaluate you and give you the treatment accordingly.
Also in the long therapeutic yoga should help you.

Nidhi

Nidhi Gupta  |161 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on Oct 16, 2023

i am 55 years old. Retired defense pilot. Have lots of sports injury which is showing up at this age. Body biochemistry is all with in limits, only fasting sugar is 108. For last few months i am having pain in outer left thigh muscles which increases during sleep as well as while lying down resulting in sleepless nights hence general body fatigue due lack of sleep. My exercise includes 5-6 km walk in the morning and occasionally thrice a week cycling. Orthopedic , General surgeon, neurologist as well as ayurvedic doctor has been consulted with MRI report. FINDINGS: Dorsal and lumbar vertebrae are normal in attenuation and alignment. Straightening of lumbar lordosis. Desiccation of lumbar intervertebral disc from L2-L3 to L5-S1 levels. Mild diffuse disc bulges at L2-L3, L3-L4 and L4-L5 intervertebral discs indenting anterior thecal sac with mild narrowing of lateral recesses and neural foramina. No significant compression of the cauda equina. Mild disc bulge at L5-S1 level indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet arthropathy is seen at L4-L5 level. Dorsal spinal cord, conus medullaris and cauda equine are normal. Para spinal soft tissues are normal. IMPRESSION: Mild lumbar spondylosis with mild diffuse disc bulges from L2-L3 to L5-S1 levels. Kindly help me and advice
Ans: Hello Partha,
You need to consult a physiotherapist who knows the Mckenzie treatment for slipped disc. At times pain in outer thigh can be due to slipped disc.
Or you may have a hip bursitis which will not come up in lumbar spine MRI, only hip MRI will show it. Outer thigh pain while sleeping on left side can cause pain if it is a left hip bursitis.
Or this could be a Iliotibial band tightness which is a band of muscles on the outer thigh.
A good sports physiotherapist who also knows the Mckenzie treatment needs to evaluate you, understand the root cause and accordingly give you the treatment and you should be fine.

I am a 27 years old Software Engineer. I had a fixed income of 1 Lakh per month, out of which my expenses were 25k to parents, 10k to spouse and 15k monthly personal expenses. After all expenses I would save 50k per month. I recently got a job offer of 42 LPA, so my income now is 3.5L per month. I don't intend to change my lifestyle, so my expenses would still be 50k per month, and I intend to save around 3L per month. I had invested in Equity Funds once a small amount of 10k, and it had given decent returns so I would like to know how I can best utilise my new income going forward from here, not just in equity funds but everywhere, where I can invest that will help me grow. I don't have any emi or loans.
Ans: You are a 27-year-old software engineer.

Your new job offers Rs 42 LPA, so your income is Rs 3.5L per month.

Your monthly expenses are Rs 50k, allowing you to save Rs 3L per month.

You have previously invested Rs 10k in equity funds with good returns.

Financial Goals and Planning
Priority: Build an emergency fund.

Liquidity: Keep 6-12 months' expenses in a savings account or liquid funds.

Purpose: Provides financial security during emergencies.

Diversified Investment Strategy
Growth Potential: Allocate Rs 1L to equity mutual funds.

Fund Types: Invest in large-cap, mid-cap, and diversified equity funds.

SIPs: Continue with systematic investment plans for rupee cost averaging.

Stability: Allocate Rs 50k to debt mutual funds.

Safety: Provides stability and reduces overall portfolio risk.

Returns: Offers better returns than traditional savings accounts.

Balanced Mutual Funds
Hybrid Approach: Invest Rs 50k in balanced or hybrid funds.

Balance Risk: These funds balance equity and debt, offering moderate risk and returns.

ELSS Funds
Tax Benefits: Invest Rs 50k in ELSS funds for tax savings under Section 80C.

Equity Exposure: Provides equity exposure with tax benefits.

PPF and NPS
Long-Term Security: Invest Rs 25k in Public Provident Fund (PPF).

Retirement Planning: Consider investing Rs 25k in the National Pension System (NPS) for retirement planning.

Gold and Digital Gold
Diversification: Invest Rs 20k in gold or digital gold.

Hedge Against Inflation: Gold acts as a hedge against inflation.

Adequate Cover: Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage for yourself and dependents.

Additional Coverage: Consider a top-up plan if needed.

Term Insurance
Life Cover: Consider a term insurance plan for financial security for your family.

Adequate Sum: Ensure the cover is sufficient to support your dependents in case of unforeseen events.

Regular Review and Adjustments
Annual Financial Review
Performance Check: Review your portfolio annually.

Rebalance: Adjust your investments based on performance and changing goals.

Your new income allows for substantial savings and investment opportunities. Diversify your investments across equity, debt, and balanced mutual funds. Consider tax-saving instruments like ELSS and PPF. Ensure adequate insurance coverage for health and life. Regularly review and adjust your portfolio to stay aligned with your financial goals.