Nitin

Nitin Sathe  |127 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Recruitment Expert - Answered on Jun 20, 2023

I started by career in 2004 after doing MBA in marketing. But my career never was stable. The first job resulted in voilence with me and I had to start all again. The second company asked me to leave after understanding that their product will not sell as it has become outdated and is too expensive. You can say it was a start up in 2004. Then i joined a life insurance co as a bancassurance executive but there also I could not sustain the sales pressure. After that I worked for 14 months in a IT co as HR and PR executive. There also there was hardly any work so the company asked me to leave. After that I joined a software company to sell softwares but I could not get even 1 customer despite my best efforts. In 4 months company asked me to leave. All this happened with me from Aug 2004 till Oct 2008. After that there is no work. I am without work. I tried my best but could never make it. One thing was very clear that sales is the area where I am not successful as all time gets wasted in lead generation. No one gives leads and so never ever got really to practise sales. I did NCFM courses, diploma courses in logistics so that I can get a break in logistics field but I could not. In tragic turn of events for me there are disputes with neighbors and I have filed 3 complaints and all 3 have filed cross NCs against me. Recently 1 neighbor filed a complaint and i have filed cross NC against him. Life has come to standstill since 2008. Can a person like me ever get some good career break? How do deal with these fake complaints filed by my neighbors? How to explain these huge gaps?

Ans: I am sorry to hear that you have been without a stable job since 2008. What you need is focus, the josh to pursue your dreams come what may and luck of course. Leave what has happened behind and start afresh. It would be a good idea to go to a qualified Counselor who will be able to understand your problem better and suggest a path ahead. About your legal issues, I am not qualified to give an opinion. All the best!

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on Nov 02, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 30, 2023Hindi
Hi sir, I completed my B.tech in 2019 in computer science. After that 4 yrs have passed but I have not been able to stabilize my career till now. I have total 2 yrs of work experience in total 4 IT ompanies. I also have 2 career breaks of 1.5 yrs and 6 months each. The reason for my frequent job hopping and career gaps is that I am not able to handle stressful situations at workplace. Whenever a situation comes in which my boss scolds me or expects me to work in tight deadlines or I make some mistakes or some office politics starts, I start to get very anxious and spiral into negativity. My software development skills are pretty decent and I perform better than many of my colleagues. But my inability to handle these things eventually makes me quit the job in the hope that next job would be better in this regard. I usually get new jobs within few weeks due to my skills but my avoidance behaviour starts the same cycle again in the next workplace as well. Due to this my salary has not also been able to grow much. What should I do to save my career? My options are either sticking with IT ir changing my field by doing mba. I also think about MS abroad but my btech grades are not good enough (6.6 cgpa) to get in good universities.
Ans: Hey

It's understandable that dealing with workplace stress, criticism, tight deadlines, and office politics can be overwhelming. However, recognizing these challenges is an important first step towards finding a solution.

Here are my 2 cents worth of advice

1. Consider consulting a professional counselor or therapist to work on coping mechanisms for stress, anxiety, and handling workplace pressure. Learning techniques to manage stress and maintain a positive mindset can be tremendously beneficial.

2. Develop emotional intelligence skills to understand and manage emotions, empathize with others, and effectively communicate in challenging circumstances.

3. Develop a thick skin. Develop an ability to bounce back from setbacks, rejections, or stressful situations. Strategies like mindfulness, meditation, or even regular exercise can significantly contribute to improving resilience.

4. Be assertive, yet respectful, in your interactions can help you navigate workplace conflicts better.

5. It's possible that the culture or environment of the companies you've worked for may not be conducive to your well-being. Consider exploring companies with a more supportive, nurturing, or relaxed work culture.

Going for an MBA will be a costly affair and I would advise you to be sure of your decision.

Furthermore, post MBA; corporate stress is only bound to increase.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 05, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Dec 02, 2023
Hi, Iam jobless since after Covid pandemic, 2020, my company, with whom I worked for 8yrs and started their business in my territory from zero sales to 5cr sales PA , removed me siting that there is no sales in last Six months and my salary was not justifiable. Infact due to Covid situation industry in my territory was itself down without any business. I was little depressed but thought to start my own business. After 3 months, when the industry started recovering, with the help of my friend ,using my finance I started my business in the same industry of adhesive with single product plan. Sales were up but not money recovery, payments got delayed by 90 to 120 days. Even my supplier gave me poor quality material 3 to 4 times due to which I have to replace good quality material to my customers and couldn't make any profit. Slowly I was exhausting of my finances and thus decided to stop the business and pursue Job. I got job offer in Nov2021 with an earlier employer and also a different field MNC. I chose to go with my earlier employer, as I knew the company well and loved to do the job. And I didn't want to risk with the new feild MNC. With this Job slowly I understood that my colleague of different territory was not happy with my joining siting a threat to the advancement to National Sales Head position and used to do politics and lure our Owner. After eight months he was given the NSM position and he started abusing me. I resigned immediately. Since then I trying for job opportunities, working as freelancer. But I'm not getting good job offers. I do get job offers which involves travelling a lot. I want to leave a peaceful life without leaving my family, a job whereby by evening I should be with my family. Iam 44yrs of age now. Kindly suggest me , a family centric person, how to get job offers within my requirement or to don't think of family and get ready for traveling job, this is my dilemma.
Ans: I’m sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot of ups and downs in your career. It’s understandable that you want to find a job that allows you to spend more time with your family. Here are some tips that might help you find a job that meets your requirements:

Update your resume and cover letter: Make sure your resume and cover letter are up-to-date and tailored to the job you’re applying for. Highlight your skills and experience that are relevant to the job.

Network: Reach out to your professional network and let them know you’re looking for a job. Attend industry events and conferences to meet new people and make connections.

Apply to family-friendly companies: Look for companies that have a reputation for being family-friendly. These companies may offer flexible work arrangements, such as telecommuting or part-time work.

Search for jobs with specific keywords: Use keywords such as “family-friendly,” “flexible hours,” or “work-life balance” when searching for jobs online. This can help you find jobs that are more likely to meet your requirements.

Consider freelancing: Freelancing can be a good option if you’re looking for more flexibility in your work schedule. You can work from home and choose the projects you want to work on.

Be open to new opportunities: While it’s important to find a job that meets your requirements, it’s also important to be open to new opportunities. You never know where your next job offer might come from.

Remember, finding a job that meets your requirements may take some time and effort. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find the right job right away. Keep applying and networking, and you’ll increase your chances of finding a job that meets your needs.

I hope this helps. Best of luck with your job search! ????

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 22, 2024

Is master degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with bachelor degree in physiotherapy enough to settle in canada

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. As an answer to your query, I would like to tell you that to settle in Canada, a master’s degree in physiotherapy from Canada along with a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy can be sufficient. You would be glad to know that degrees earned from Canada can improve your eligibility for immigration and employment substantially. Physiotherapy being a licensed profession in Canada, I would like to tell you that you will require to get your credentials recognised by the regulatory agency in the province or territory you intend working in. This frequently entails an evaluation of your education and potentially taking additional tests, or acquiring professional experience in Canada.

Moreover, obtaining a master’s degree from a university in Canada can also assist you with the Express Entry immigration system, by raising your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, thereby, enhancing your chances of being invited to submit an application for permanent residency (PR). Furthermore, your resume can be further strengthened by adding work experience acquired in Canada via post-graduate work permits. Hence, your academic background coupled with fulfilling regulatory and immigration standards can help you settle in Canada.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint

Should I join Bennett University
Ans: Hello Hitesh,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that your academic and professional objectives, as well as your personal choices play a key role in deciding whether to join Bennett University. Founded by the Times of India Group, Bennett University, is renowned for its strong focus on entrepreneurship, innovation, and industry-focused education. I would like to let you know that a vast array of undergraduate and postgraduate programs with state-of-the-art infrastructure, knowledgeable teachers, as well as partnerships with international organizations are offered by this university. Not just that, Bennett University boasts a strong placement record and emphasizes on overall development via a range of extracurricular activities.

Nevertheless, I would suggest that you take into account variables viz., the location, educational offerings, experience of the faculty members, and campus amenities. You should also compare it with other universities you are interested in, in terms of academic standing, career assistance, and student feedback. Lastly, in order to acquire more knowledge and assist in making an educated choice, I would recommend that you visit the campus, speak to students presently studying there, and participate in informational sessions.

Sir my daughter is in grade 9.Can you please suggest some preparation strategy for iit-jee .Which is the best online coaching for iit-jee foundation for grade 9.
Ans: Prefer ALLEN Online Coaching Classes. AhaGuru is another Better Option, if fees of Allen is More. However, If you join AhaGURU, join just Allen's Online Test Series also to practice questions online. Go to both Website, check & choose more suitable one for you.

NOW Coming to Preparation Strategies:

(1) Whenever you study at home, study for 45-minutes. Then take a break of 10-minutes when you can move away from your study table, walk, have some water & relax. If you continue studying beyond 45-minutes, your concentration power will go down, resulting to low output. Most students commit this mistake. (2) On daily basis (morning or evening whichever will be convenient to you), do yoga or meditation or physical exercises or play any games / sports for at least 30-45 minutes. This will further reduce your stress / distractions. (3) Study tough topics / tough subjects (applicable to you) early morning with your fresh mind. (4) Eat a lot of green vegetables / fruits which you can afford for & Avoid soft drinks (5) Every day night, before going to bed, revise whatever you have studied during the day. (6) Also, revise every week whatever you have covered till date (here your short-notes which you should prepare will be helpful). (7) Keep practising questions on topics which you have covered either offline or online (8) Give utmost importance to wrongly answered / difficult / complicated / tough questions and have a separate note-book specially for this for each subject (PCM) (8) You might be aware that JEE rank is allotted on the basis of highest score in Maths, followed by Physics & Chemistry. Practice more and more in Maths, till you reach Speed & Accuracy (9) By the end of 9th/10th/11th/12th standard (December-January), attempt fully syllabus online test series, evaluate and analyse your performance such as, (a) which topic / unit / concept you are weak which needs your revision and improvement as this will disturb you when you appear in actual JEE exam (b) abnormal time taken to attempt any question which you can come to know from Online Test Series which you should reduce (c) which questions you skipped and why? (10) Please AVOID studying under pressure that you should get admission only into IITs/ NITs. Never advisable. Any one can be successful, even if he / she studies in NON-IIT / NON-NIT Colleges also. (11) Have Plan B & Plan C for other Colleges Entrance Exams / Disciplines-Streams. (11) Avoid comparing yourself with other students. (12) Also, it is highly ideal to appear in / attempt minimum 5-Entrance Exams (for both Govt & Private Engineering Colleges). You will have a lot of options (easiest method) to choose the best and most suitable one, keeping in view a lot of factors such as, College | Location | Your Interest | Stream Preference | Placement Records | College Culture | Your Short & Long Term Goals | Pressure You Can Go Through | Your AIR & Job Market Condition when you apply for your BTech & Even after. I hope I have answered to your question with value additions.

All the BEST for your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, please Ask / Follow me in RediffGURU here.