Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Sep 13, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
SARIKA Question by SARIKA on Aug 26, 2023Hindi

Respected sir: My son is currently doing job as computer systems Architect through TCS for a temporary period ,conditioned on the timely obtaining of a work permit /work visa to TCS USA branch depending upon continued satisfactory work performance & continued allocation status. having H1B visa up to 24th sept 2024 where as his passport expiry date is 8th August 24 . He wanted to pursue MS in US . can he switch over to US based company without doing . what is your advise. whether this will be a right decision . you may appreciate studying in US very expensive . can my son got job in Us company without obtaining MS from Us. regards

Ans: Hello Sarika,

To begin with, thank you for getting in touch with us. I would urge your son to search for chances if he is receiving H1B based on his present employer or another US based company, but if he wants to pursue Masters, the United States is an excellent opportunity because it is the technical hub. He can also study at a reputable public state university with reasonable tuition and obtain a degree. For further information, I would request you to contact our team so that we can better assist him based on his profile.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

My son wants to go for MS degree in US. He is working as software engineer for one year now. Please advise pros and cons. Thanks,
Ans: Hello Sreekumar,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. Choosing to pursue a Master of Science (MS) degree in the United States can be a significant decision with several pros and cons to consider. Here are some factors to keep in mind:

Pros:
1. Advanced Education: An MS degree can provide specialized knowledge and advanced skills in a particular field, allowing your son to deepen his expertise and stay competitive in the job market.

2. Career Opportunities: Many employers value candidates with advanced degrees, and an MS can enhance his chances of landing higher-level positions or advancing his career in the software engineering field.

3. Networking: Studying in the US can provide excellent networking opportunities, allowing your son to connect with industry professionals, potential mentors, and fellow students who may become valuable contacts in the future.

4. Research Opportunities: If your son is interested in pursuing research or academia, an MS degree can serve as a stepping stone towards a Ph.D. program and open doors to research positions or teaching opportunities.

5. Exposure to Diverse Perspectives: Studying in the US exposes students to a culturally diverse environment, which can broaden their horizons, foster global awareness, and provide a rich learning experience.

Cons:
1. Financial Considerations: Pursuing an MS degree in the US can be costly, including tuition fees, living expenses, and potentially higher healthcare expenses. It's important to carefully assess the financial implications and explore scholarships, grants, or assistantships to help mitigate costs.

2. Competitive Admissions: Admission to reputable MS programs can be highly competitive, especially in sought-after fields. Your son will need to prepare a strong application, including competitive test scores, letters of recommendation, and a compelling statement of purpose.

3. Temporary Stay: Pursuing an MS degree usually involves a temporary stay in the US on a student visa. It's essential to be aware of the associated visa requirements, potential limitations on employment, and the need to return to one's home country after completing the degree, unless pursuing further work authorization or education.

4. Personal Adjustments: Moving to a different country for studies can be a significant adjustment, including adapting to a new culture, lifestyle, and potentially being away from family and friends. Your son should be prepared for the challenges of living abroad and maintaining a support network.

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.