Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Nov 23, 2023

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Shuja Question by Shuja on Sep 03, 2023Translate

Could you provide insights into the job prospects for my daughter doing bachelors with a Psychology major seeking to pursue a master's abroad? Will this choice prove valuable in terms of job prospects? Could you also address any challenges non-locals might face when seeking employment in this field in a foreign country? Additionally, would it be advisable to consider taking additional courses to enhance settlement opportunities in a foreign country?

Ans: Hello Shuja,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am glad to know that your daughter is currently pursuing her Bachelor’s degree majoring in Psychology, and then wishes to pursue her Master’s abroad. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that a plethora of employment opportunities both, locally as well as internationally can be provided by a Psychology major particularly when combined with a master's degree. You would be happy to know that your daughter could pursue a profession in counseling, research, human resources, or perhaps academia, with a Master’s degree. Remember, the competitiveness of the labor market, differs by region and individual professional path within the field of Psychology, and for that reason, I would recommend that your daughter builds strong networks, engages in internship opportunities, as well as acquires hands-on experience during the course of her study, as doing so will enhance her chances to a great extent.

Bear in mind that finding work in a different country can be difficult owing to work visa requirements, cultural barriers, as well as local certification or licensing procedures. I would like to tell you that applicants from outside the country may face challenges due to language barriers or a lack of knowledge of the local work culture. Your daughter, in order to boost her employability and facilitate her settlement, could pursue further education or credentials in the language, legal system, or specific fields of psychology in the country of her choosing. In addition, I would recommend that she takes up volunteering work, internships, or part-time employment in the field of psychology in her preferred country as this may provide insightful information and useful connections. Lastly, to facilitate a seamless transition and enhanced employment opportunities, your daughter should conduct an extensive study on the particular needs and possibilities of the target foreign nation.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Oct 16, 2023

good evening sir,my daughter is doing BA - as she has very deep interest in psychology subject she want to do master in psychology from abroad please guide which university/country to do ?
Ans: Hello Chandrashekharnaidu,

To begin with, thank you for contacting us. I am happy to hear that your daughter is currently pursuing her Bachelor’s of Arts and intends to further pursue her Master's in Psychology overseas owing to her deep interest in the subject. I would like to inform you that several aspects, viz., your daughter’s particular interests, the cost, as well as her professional ambitions play a key role in deciding on a university and country to pursue a Master's degree in Psychology overseas. To answer your query as to which country would be ideal for your daughter to pursue her Master's in Psychology, I would like to tell you that the UK, Australia, the USA, Netherlands, and Canada are well-regarded for the programs in psychology. Coming to universities, I would like to inform you that the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford in the UK are well-known. At the University of Melbourne in Australia, robust Psychology programs are offered. Moreover, excellent programs are offered at Stanford University, Harvard University, and Yale University in the USA. Robust programs in Psychology are also offered in the Netherlands, particularly at the University of Amsterdam. In Canada, the University of Toronto is one of the popular choices.

At the time of deciding where to study, I would recommend that you daughter looks into the various possibilities for scholarship as well as takes into account the culture and location. Lastly, in order for your daughter to make an educated choice, the programs that the above mentioned universities have to offer, her personal choices as well as the funding sources should be taken into account by her.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Dec 11, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Dec 10, 2023Translate
My daughter has done Masters in clinical psychology pl suggest career opportunities for her.
Ans: Your daughter’s master’s degree in clinical psychology opens up a wide range of career opportunities. Here are some of the careers that she can pursue with her degree:

Counselor: A counselor uses various training strategies to help their clients with emotional issues. They may work in schools, hospitals, or private practices. The average salary for a counselor is $47,000 per year 1.

Psychotherapist: A psychotherapist encourages clients to discuss their emotions and mental health. They may work in hospitals, clinics, or private practices. The average salary for a psychotherapist is $70,000 per year 2.

Forensic Psychologist: A forensic psychologist works with law enforcement agencies to help solve crimes. They may also work in prisons or other correctional facilities. The average salary for a forensic psychologist is $70,000 per year 3.

Marriage and Family Therapist: A marriage and family therapist helps couples and families work through their problems. They may work in private practices or clinics. The average salary for a marriage and family therapist is $50,000 per year 1.

Substance Abuse Counselor: A substance abuse counselor helps people overcome addiction to drugs or alcohol. They may work in hospitals, clinics, or private practices. The average salary for a substance abuse counselor is $40,000 per year 1.

Learning Disabilities Specialist: A learning disabilities specialist works with students who have learning disabilities. They may work in schools or private practices. The average salary for a learning disabilities specialist is $50,000 per year 3.

I hope this helps your daughter in her career search!
Jigar

Jigar Patel  |255 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Jigar

Jigar Patel  |255 Answers  |Ask -