Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |620 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Jun 18, 2024

Patrick Dsouza is the founder of Patrick100.
Along with his wife, Rochelle, he trains students for competitive management entrance exams such as the Common Admission Test, the Xavier Aptitude Test, Common Management Admission Test and the Common Entrance Test.
They also train students for group discussions and interviews.
Patrick has scored in the 100 percentile six times in CAT. He achieved the first rank in XAT twice, in CET thrice and once in the Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
Apart from coaching students for MBA exams, Patrick and Rochelle have trained aspirants from the IIMs, the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies and the S P Jain Institute of Management Studies and Research for campus placements.
Patrick has been a panellist on the group discussion and panel interview rounds for some of the top management colleges in Mumbai.

Mr. Nayagam- am reading all your suggestions but am perplexed as to why are you so averse to Manipal. While am also in the process of deciding the course for my son and Manipal always was in my consideration set but your such strong views put me thinking. Could you please let me know after all what's wrong with Manipal?? After all, a lot students study there every year there and I suppose are doing well in their post college life after getting decent placements. Please do elaborate.

Ans: Manipal is a decent institute and you can opt for it. When you select a college you decide based on the other colleges that you have got an admit in and based on fees and placements and if it is worth spending so much money. Manipal has a higher fee. But if the course is correct you can get a decent placement.
Asked on - Jun 18, 2024 | Answered on Jun 21, 2024
As of now I have below options to choose from - 1. CSE at MIT, Manipal 2. CSE at Shiv Nadar, Noida 3. COMPUTER Engineering at Thapar 4. CSE at JIIT, SECTOR 62, Noida. Further, based on my son's rank, he could get any college and branch in IPU and a midtier branch like Mechanical / Electrical in NIT Delhi as well as in NSUT / DTU. could help me deciphering a right choice. Rgds. Amit
Ans: Either NIT or NSUT OR MIT Manipal.
Asked on - Jun 21, 2024 | Answered on Jun 22, 2024
Thanks. Might come back to you once again, after the JOSAA and JAC DELHI counseling frutifies and we exactly know the branch there as well. Thanks Rgds. Amit
Ans: Welcome

Sir, We've observed that you tend to recommend institutions like VIT, which have a non-transparent category system (where you 'buy' your way up over other deserving students) over Manipal CSE at both the main campus and the Bangalore campus. You also seem to favor institutions such as RV (I am from RV and a Bangalorean for over 40 years) and BMS, which are no doubt good , but ranked lower than Main Manipal in their placements. Is there a particular reason for this bias against Manipal in your recommendations? Manipal Sikkim, we can understand. Please note, I do not have any family connections to Manipal nor We have anyone studying there. We are exploring fallback options including Manipal for our son in case he doesn't get his desired branch at BITS Pilani or NITs. If a reason as to why 'No Manipal' it'll be helpful for all. Thank you for your guidance.
Ans: Thanks for your feedback. Regarding Manipal, it is one of the top-ranked universities with good placements. I had clearly mentioned it is not suitable, only for SOME (not all) students due to some reasons and the feedback I got some from Manipal students on 'Non-Academic / Psychological' Factors. Psychological factors also play an important role for careers. There are students who are academically strong, but psychologically might be average or below. Regarding VIT, most of the parents'/candidates' questions do not specifically refer about the Category they got. If they clearly mention about the category, I reply accordingly that, to go for VIT only if they can afford the fees. I hope I have clarified your clarified your doubt. Thanks once again for your feedback and for reading my answers. All the BEST for Your Son's Bright Future.