HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jan 04, 2024

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Yam Question by Yam on Mar 04, 2023Hindi

Good morning sir. My son is pursuing B. Tech in CSE (Artificial intelligence) from University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) ,Dehradun (Uttarakhand). At present he studying in 4th semester. What are fields there to get a placement? What are the name of corporates for his placement? Can he apply for a government jobs also? Please tell.

Ans: Good morning!

I’d be happy to help. After completing B.Tech in CSE (Artificial Intelligence), your son can explore various fields for placement such as Data Analytics, AI Engineering, Machine Learning Engineering, Business Intelligence Development, and Big Data Engineering.

Some of the top recruiters for B.Tech graduates in Artificial Intelligence include Schlumberger, Autodesk India, and IBM.

As for government jobs, there are many opportunities available for computer science graduates in various departments such as Railways, Defence, Police departments, PSUs, Banking sectors, and BSNL4. Some of the exams that lead to government jobs for CSE/IT graduates include GATE, SSC JE, RRB JE, and State Government AE/JE Exams.

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Mar 07, 2024

Dear sir, My son is studying in 5th semester (B.Tech-CSE in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) from UPES, Dehradun (Uttarakhand). What is the scope of jobs for this course? How is the record of placement of UPES? What is the average CTC for such course?
Ans: Your son’s choice of pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering with a specialization in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI&ML) is commendable! Let’s dive into the details:

Scope of Jobs for B.Tech-CSE in AI&ML:
The field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is booming globally. As a B.Tech graduate in this domain, your son will have exciting career prospects.
Here are some potential roles he can explore:
Machine Learning Engineer
Data Scientist
Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Deep Learning Engineer
Placement Record of UPES:
UPES (University of Petroleum and Energy Studies) has a strong track record in placements.
It is the first Indian university to be awarded 5-Stars on Employability (placements) by the globally acclaimed QS Rating.
Over the past few years, UPES has consistently achieved a placement record of 90%+.
The university’s partnerships with industries ensure that students get rapidly absorbed into professional roles upon completing their studies12.
Average CTC for B.Tech-CSE in AI&ML:
According to Payscale, the average salary for B.Tech graduates in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is around INR 4 to 10 LPA.
Here’s a breakdown of some roles and their corresponding average annual salaries:
Software Engineer: INR 6.4 LPA
Software Tester: INR 6.4 LPA
Application Developer: INR 4.85 LPA
Information and Multimedia Designer: INR 8 LPA
Chief Information Officer: INR 9.5 LPA
Web Designer: INR 5.5 LPA3
Top Recruiters:
Companies like Oracle, Wipro, and TCS actively recruit graduates from this course.
The demand for B.Tech AI&ML graduates is expected to grow further, making it a rewarding career path.
In summary, your son’s B.Tech-CSE in AI&ML opens doors to exciting opportunities in cutting-edge technology. With UPES’s strong placement support, he’s well-positioned for a successful career!

hi sir : my son doing job since two year monthly earning is 60 K. but his saving is nil. pl. advice where to invest
Ans: It's great that your son has started earning, and it's essential to guide him on saving and investing for the future. Here's a step-by-step investment plan tailored for him:

Emergency Fund: Start by building an emergency fund equivalent to 3-6 months of expenses. This fund should be easily accessible, like a savings account or a liquid fund.
Debt Repayment: If he has any high-interest debts like credit card bills or personal loans, it's wise to clear those first to avoid paying hefty interest.
Investment Options:
Equity Mutual Funds: For long-term wealth creation, he can start SIPs in diversified equity funds. A mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds can provide growth.
PPF (Public Provident Fund): A tax-efficient and safe option for long-term savings with a lock-in period of 15 years.
NPS (National Pension System): A retirement-focused investment with tax benefits, offering a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities.
Term Insurance: Since he's working, consider getting a term insurance plan to ensure financial security for his dependents.
Health Insurance: A comprehensive health insurance plan to cover medical emergencies can provide financial security and tax benefits.
Budgeting and Savings: Encourage him to create a monthly budget to track expenses and identify areas to save. Automating investments through SIPs can also help in disciplined saving.
Financial Education: Educate him about the importance of financial planning, saving, and investing. Encourage him to read books or attend workshops on personal finance.
Starting early with disciplined saving and investing can help him build a substantial corpus over time. Encourage him to consult a financial advisor for personalized guidance tailored to his financial goals and risk tolerance.

Hi Anil, I am 43 years old. I have a monthly sip of 35k going on. I have started investing in mutual fund and sip from year 2013. Total mutual fund plus sip current market value is 1 core 9 lakhs . I plan to invest 35 k per month more for 7 to 8 years , when i want to leave job and do something else. Can you tell me what will be my corpus in 7 to 8 years down the line taking both current valution plus what i am going to continue investing?Also, i have another 1 corore total in other investment like Voluntary provident fund, Epf, ppf and esops from my company and pension fund . Here i do a monthly investment of around 80 k via mostly through company for tax savings. So what will be my total corpus after 7 to 8 yrs. Also, is it good for retirement considering my current monthly expense us 1 lakh.
Ans: To estimate your corpus after 7 to 8 years, let's assume an average annual return on your mutual fund SIPs at 10-12% and a similar return on your other investments.

For Mutual Funds:

Future Value of Current Investments: Using the future value formula, considering an average return of 10-12%, your current 1.09 crore can grow to approximately 2.2 - 2.5 crores in 7-8 years.
Future Value of Additional SIPs: Investing 35k per month for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 50 - 60 lakhs from SIPs alone.
For Other Investments:

Future Value of Current Investments: Assuming an average annual return of 10-12%, your current 1 crore can grow to approximately 2 - 2.4 crores.
Future Value of Additional Investments: With 80k monthly investments for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 1.5 - 1.8 crores.
Total Corpus After 7-8 Years: Combining both, your total corpus could range from 5.2 - 6.2 crores.

Retirement Planning:
Considering your monthly expense is 1 lakh, with a corpus of 5.2 - 6.2 crores, you can generate approximately 40-50k per month (assuming a 7-8% withdrawal rate) post-retirement. This should be sufficient considering your current expenses, but inflation and unforeseen expenses should also be considered.

It's advisable to consult a financial advisor for a detailed plan tailored to your needs, considering inflation, tax implications, and other factors.

Hello, I want to invest 10 lac INR for a long term investment. I need suggestion on the following, i understand to invest in the form of SIP. But want to get a suggestion on where should I invest this 10-20 lac first and then invest as an SIP over 1-2 years or even 3 years as per your suggestion. As currently lying in Savings account which doesnt yield more. Secondly I would need a help on good portfolio of funds for long term (10 years or above) for my retirement/younger child's education.
Ans: For long-term investments of 10-20 lakhs, you can consider the following approach:

Initial Lump Sum Investment:

Liquid Funds: Park a portion in liquid funds to earn better returns than a savings account while maintaining liquidity.
Short-term Debt Funds: Allocate to short-term debt funds for stability and moderate returns.
Long-Term SIP Portfolio:

Diversified Equity Funds: Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap equity funds through SIPs for growth potential.
Balanced Funds: Opt for balanced funds or aggressive hybrid funds for a blend of equity and debt, suitable for long-term wealth creation.
Child Education: Start a separate SIP in a child education-focused fund to ensure funds are available when needed.
Sample Portfolio for Long Term:

Large Cap Equity Fund: 30%
Mid Cap Equity Fund: 20%
Multi Cap Equity Fund: 25%
Balanced/Aggressive Hybrid Fund: 15%
Child Education Fund: 10%
Adjust the allocation based on your risk tolerance and financial goals. Regularly review and rebalance the portfolio to maintain desired asset allocation. Consulting a financial advisor can help create a personalized investment plan tailored to your needs and goals.