Workplace Expert - Answered on May 07, 2024

Krishna Kumar is the founder and CEO of GoMoTech, a company that provides strategic consulting in B2B sales, performance management and digital transformation.
Before branching out on his own, he worked with companies like Microsoft, Rediff, Flipkart and InMobi.
With over 25 years of experience under his belt, KK is a regular speaker at industry events and academic intuitions, both in India as well as abroad.
KK completed his MBA in marketing from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in Andhra Pradesh and his management development programme from XLRI, Jamshedpur.

@krishna kumar Dear Sir My last employer has shared me Certificate of Employment on my mail id after serving notice period and approval of resignation, and when I asked them if I should expect seperate document as experience and relieving letter they replied same document i.e certificate of employment will serve as both relieving and experience letter. so sir kindly confirm if it's correct or will I face any issues in future with this document? Note: this certificate of employment clearly says I worked from xyz date to abc date and it says I have been relieved from the services from close hours of abc date And in bottom it's mentioned : as per your contract of employment you will be bound by non- compete, solicition, non disclosure etc I am worried why my last employer has given me certificate of employment instead of relieving letter and will it affect me in future?

Ans: Hello

To me this letter is good enough, as it gives both, duration of your employment and also the last working date...so technically it serves as both experience and relieving letter.

All the best for your future.

Warm Regards

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Hello Sir, Don't disclose my name, I am working in boarding school from last 2 year's, last year principal changed and he is giving lot of work (harassing staff ) so around 50% of staff left the school. he is not appointing new staff also. hardly 2-3 staff he has appointed. In my department 3 staff ware there now I am alone, he is not appointing any one, so I am alone handling all the classes. he has increased the work also. So I decided to leave the work and I got the work also. I have sent my resignation letter through mail. In my appointment letter they have mentioned “During the probation period your service may be terminated by ONE MONTH NOTICE on “either side or Salary in lieu of notice” and The relieving date in all circumstances will not be earlier than the last day of the academic year unless the school terminates. if you are working on any assignment when you tender your resignation such assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the school before your services will be released. As allocation of subject teaching is a duty allocated for the academic year the reliving date will not be earlier than the last date of the academic year in which the resignation is tender. The school does not encourage mid term session dis continuation of services. School academic year will ends in April. At the time of appointment they have taken all my original certificates. But when I sent my resignation with one month notice period they replied as per your request, you will be relived after the completion of required formalities and work as per service rules. But, yet they are not mentioning what are the work to complete. After one month notice period immediately I have to join my new job. otherwise i will miss my opportunity. orally simply they are extending my date. At present they have extended 15 days after my last day of my notice period. kindly guide me how to solve the problem, get back my originals and join my new job smoothly. Regards
Ans: Please consult a lawyer

Workplace Expert - Answered on Mar 09, 2024

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Mar 21, 2024

Hi Sir/Madam, I was working in an company where only 7 people are there .And, I absconded from the company 2 week back, because there they were discriminating the employees by religion who all are not their own religion. Every morning they'll use to do thier religious related things and also they were asked me to do gradually . But, I refused, because I never ever used to do those things and not comfortable as well. Since the day, that Manager was indirectly targeting, pressurizing me & some people and separating us. Not able to work properly and got depressed But, in our Offer letter it has been mentioned that there are 3 Years of probation period and without completing Notice period employees experience letter and releaving letter won't be provided. So, I absconded from that organisation without any releaving letter and experience letter, because I couldn't not able to pursue there. So, pls give right solutions to pursue my career, because I have 2 Years of experience. I don't want to waste my work experience.
Ans: I’m sorry to hear about your difficult situation. But I can suggest some general steps you might consider:

Document Everything: Keep a record of all communications and incidents that led to your decision to leave the company. This could be useful if you need to prove your case later.
Legal Advice: It might be beneficial to consult with a legal expert or a labor attorney who can provide advice based on your specific situation and local labor laws.
Human Rights Commission: If you believe you were discriminated against based on your religion, you might want to contact your local human rights commission or similar organization.
Job Search: Start looking for a new job that aligns with your career goals and provides a respectful work environment. Your previous experience will definitely be valuable.
Explain Your Situation: When applying for new jobs, be honest about your situation. Employers understand that not all work environments are healthy, and explaining your situation might help them understand your decision.
Remember, it’s important to seek professional advice in situations like these. I hope things get resolved for you soon.