HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Oct 27, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 24, 2023Translate

I am an honest and very hardworking PSU employee (BSNL) since 2014 who perform all duties with carefulness but when I see my colleagues and controlling officers just pass on responsibilities like a postman delivers mails, i think of switching to private sector for career growth. Now, I am 35 plus and with two young children and old age parents with wife not working post marriage due to family responsibilities. Is it worth to leave BSNL and take a risk of leaving secure job? Pl reply. I want to leave this organisation because there is no scope left in it for career progression. Management intentionally wants to keep on delaying promotion opportunities for employees so that hard working employee leaves the sick organisation to die in the hands of unprofessional staff.

Ans: Hi,
I would suggest not to leave this company as it is a public sector unit and secured job.

Mayank Rautela  |235 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Dec 23, 2021

Dear Mayank, Please guide me as to what I should do. I'm working as an HR officer (offrole). I am 30 years old. My salary is below the minimum wage rate. I have been working here since 1.9 years but still have got no increment. I'm a career oriented person. I want to move to the next position. When I was offered this job, it was mentioned I would be taken onroll after 1.5 yr to 2 years. But still there is nothing being done. New people that are being hired on same profile as me are hired on onroll (FTC) with salary higher than mine. Moreover, some HR interns have also been hired and once they are absorbed in the company, they will be on the company’s payroll. An HR intern whom I have trained from A to Z and is a fresher is being offered a regional HR position. This is a position that is higher than mine. I cannot understand why someone like me who has 1.9 years of experience in the company is not even considered. I have got an offer from a pharmaceutical company and I have resigned from my current job. But I'm still confused about whether I should leave this company or not. Please guide me about what to do so that I can grow on my career. In the current company, there is a lot of politics and I'm not able to deal with it. I'm losing my confidence. I want to keep this anonymous. Thank you.

You must discuss these concerns you have regarding your career not growing in the same manner as your colleagues with your manager or HR.

If it can be resolved, then continue on your current role.

Else, you can consider the new job after you have done due diligence about the new company and its management.

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |92 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on Nov 02, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 28, 2023Translate
I am a CS and have done LLB from an average college. I am working as a law officer in public sector bank since last 2 years. However, I am not satisfied with my career compared to my qualifications. Should I switch to private sector? And in which area? Corporate firm or MNC or Indian Company?
Ans: Deciding to switch from the public sector to the private sector can significantly impact your career trajectory. The decision should be based on your interests, long-term career goals, and what aligns best with your qualifications.

1. Evaluate the differences between the public and private sectors. The private sector often offers different work cultures, faster growth opportunities, and potentially higher financial rewards. Assess if these factors align with your career aspirations.

2. Consider what area of law or corporate work interests you the most. Depending on your specialization or interest within law (such as corporate law, contracts, intellectual property, etc.), you can look for opportunities that match your expertise

Take the time to reflect on your personal aspirations and what aspects of your career bring you satisfaction. Determine how a potential switch might align with your long-term career goals and personal growth.

Before making any decision, network with professionals in the areas you're considering and seek advice from individuals who have made similar transitions. Their experiences can offer valuable insights and help you make an informed decision about your career shift.